Forum Suggestion: Community Forums

I had this idea a while ago and, with further investigation, the amount of French players, some Spanish, made me to conclude to suggest it fully. I know the forum is a smallish community right now, but with how many speak these foreign languages, I think it could be a nice addition, and may even bring in more people to the forums itself.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I like this a lot. I'm sure there are a lot of Disney fans that speak those languages who would love to play VMK. Did VMK even have a French server?

what exactly is your suggestion?
I'm suggesting there be a sections for foreign country players on the forums.

The problem is finding people fluent and trustworthy of monitoring what is being said. They already have trouble as it is keeping track of what people are saying in English.
I know a few people who speak these languages fluently, and in the term fluently as its real definition, not google translator, and I know someone who plays who actually lives in France herself and knows English and all its slang.

I know a few people who speak these languages fluently, and in the term fluently as its real definition, not google translator, and I know someone who plays who actually lives in France herself and knows English and all its slang.
I know someone who lives in France too (: but it really depends on if they have time to monitor. A lot of people don't.

The problem is finding people fluent and trustworthy of monitoring what is being said. They already have trouble as it is keeping track of what people are saying in English.
I agree. I think you'd have to be diligent in monitoring that section. We'd need new moderators who spoke the allowed languages, or they'd need to be languages our current moderates speak. That would be the only way in my opinion. Still, I agree in the example that there are many french fans and it'd be nice to have a section for them.

I know someone who lives in France too (: but it really depends on if they have time to monitor. A lot of people don't.
I agree. I think you'd have to be diligent in monitoring that section. We'd need new moderators who spoke the allowed languages, or they'd need to be languages our current moderates speak. That would be the only way in my opinion. Still, I agree in the example that there are many french fans and it'd be nice to have a section for them.
Well that's what application's would probably have covered as of speaking of the language and what time zone's people are in so they could make sure it would be covered.

I am sorry for the dealyed response, but as discussed in-game we will take this into consideration :)

There are numerous things that have to be taken into account should be put this into place.

Thank you for your suggestion Tiki!

"Language
This is an English-speaking forum. Any other language expressed on the forum is not allowed. This is because on the forum, the majority of people only speak English and your posts can be seen by everyone. This rule doesn't apply in the game, however."

I think this rule is ridiculous, honestly.
What if someone from another country who doesn't know very much English, wants to join the forums?
Are they not allowed?
It says this rule does not apply in game, but it does.
Myself, and a few friends have gotten warnings in game for saying words in Spanish.

"Language
This is an English-speaking forum. Any other language expressed on the forum is not allowed. This is because on the forum, the majority of people only speak English and your posts can be seen by everyone. This rule doesn't apply in the game, however."

I think this rule is ridiculous, honestly.
What if someone from another country who doesn't know very much English, wants to join the forums?
Are they not allowed?
It says this rule does not apply in game, but it does.
Myself, and a few friends have gotten warnings in game for saying words in Spanish.
This is a common rule amongst many forums, the games are not permanent while the forums are. We are unable to moderate foreign languages and so this is how it's going to be.