Fully advanced technology?

One of my favorite things to do is debate with other people on different topics in a respectful way! I always have said that a true debater can argue either position effectively, but it is up to them to choose a side. I wanted to bring back the debate thread and I was thinking about the topic about whether our society should be fully advanced in the technology sector. What are your opinions on completely going paperless and having all records, data, etc electronic based? Let us know, but remember to be respectful and that means debating people's position and not themselves.

My own personal stance on the issue is that, along with everything in life, we should have a balance of both technology and tangible goods. Living in the 21st century, anyone with a wifi connection or access to electricity can find out anything at their fingerprints and I feel like this has had a huge benefits on our society worldwide with the sectors of education, business, etc. I also feel that if the entire system is on the computer or server then it could easily be wiped out through a hacker, power outage, or etc. An example is getting people's bank accounts or personal information. All a hacker needs to do is hack into the system and they can steal millions of people's identity if they chose to (ex. Target). I know a bank robber could similarly break into a bank, but it takes time and effort plus you have to have a heist plan and other people can see you while if you hack online you can do it in the privacy of your own home. This is just a little tidbit of what I think and I can elaborate more but I'm also interested in what you guys think!

Whispered

People fail to remember that there is no "cloud". Everything on the internet is stored in the physical world somewhere - just as notches in a disk - not paper or something.

Carry on.

I think there are advantages and disadvantages to technology. Advantages such as medical use, security, entertainment, or to find information. But on the flip side it does make (some) people lazier, as well as it's not very good for your health in certain cases. So, like you said, I think we should have some technology and some tangible goods.