Getting my Wisdom teeth out tomorrow, tips?

Yurgle

I'm getting all four of my wisdom teeth out tomorrow... I was wondering what your experiences were?

Are there certain foods that feel good to eat? Or that are especially good to eat with your teeth out?

How do I brush my teeth with the whole shazam in my mouth?

How often should I take pain killers?

How should I sleep..? D:

THANKS GUYZ

nakk

I just had my wisdom teeth out on the 17th!
Make sure you are really good about the gauze for the first day, and the icing.
I wasn't and ended up getting sick and my cheeks blew up like a balloon!
For food, applesauce was my favorite, but pudding and jell-o is good too!
Just make sure you do exactly what they tell you and you should be fine. :)
You can brush your teeth, just stay away from the incision spots and you shouldn't have any problems.
Rinse with salt water! But not until the second day.
Don't drink from a straw either for the first few days.
Apparently your body forms some blood clot over the areas and the suction from a straw can loosen it which can cause dry socket.
For pain killers, I only took 2 advil every 4 hours...my stomach can't handle much.
Just think positive through the whole thing, it's been taking me a while to get better...but I'm getting there and it'll be worth it in the end!
Hope all goes well. :)

Cat

I had my wisdom teeth taken out in November, the drugs are great, you'll be fine. (:
As for how often you should take them, it depends on whatever the doc gives you, but make sure you take them on a scheduel because yeah, it's the best way to avoid pain.

I did get dry socket because I was not careful and swished with the mouth cleaner they give you too vigorously. I also was rebellious and drank things through a straw. Don't be me. Dry socket isn't fun.
I only had a little bit of swelling, but I did bruise a lot and it did take awhile for that to go away...

The overall experience was actually fun though, so don't worry, you'll be fine!
Good luck! (:

-Edit-
RIP your smarts

Just lay around, play VMK, and sleep the first day. I ate ice cream and applesauce the first few days. Make sure to use ice, but also give your face breaks. Avoid solid foods for a few days and don't use any straws!
Don't try to take the pills or drink with the gauze in your mouth, it doesn't work.

I had mine out over winter break. Dmo gave me all these tips and I designed it and tacked it to my wall above my bed. I knew this would come in handy again...

But it turned out that I had no pain, nor did I need pain killers. I went out the next day and ate solids (carefully) on the third day.

Well thick smoothies are OK like Jamba Juice/Smoothie King (Whatever is in the area) BUT because you shouldn't be sucking on a straw, you'd have to spoon it in your mouth. No biggie because smoothies are awesome either way. Lots of applesauce, pudding and mashed potatoes always help. Just get foods you can drink/eat without having to chew a lot. I'm big on ice cream and when I make them into milkshakes I always add Carnation Instant Breakfast mix in it to get some nutrients (But I make mine with frozen banannas instead of ice cream but still, same concept). Soups are good as well, like chicken noodle where you can drink the broth and the noodles are very easy to break apart.

I basically lived with the ice packs on my face and I didn't swell up at all. Just relax and don't do too many strenuous activities and you will be fine. Also, smiling is dangerous... don't let your friends make you laugh.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll recover perfectly!

Perfume

I had mine taken out the day before valentine's day last year...lol. It's not bad, trust me. I was really scared about the IV and being put to sleep but I survived. As for the pain killers, I think I had to take 1 everyday for 4 days? Can't really remember. But just eat applesauce and mashed potatoes and pudding. That's pretty much what I lived off until my mouth healed up enough to eat solid foods. You can brush your teeth normally, just be very gentle and go slow. Don't worry about it! It'll be over before you know it. :)

ice!!! lots of ice and switch to moist heat after a few days. oh, and use salt water to clean out your mouth- it helps it heal quicker and cleans the wounds super good. relax lots and feel better soon. my recovery period was very painful but i hope yours goes better. i had lots of ramen because its easy to eat and mushy but don't put anything too hot in your mouth, so make sure it cools off!! ice cream is also the bomb ^.~

Are there certain foods that feel good to eat? Or that are especially good to eat with your teeth out?
Uhmm..when i got mine out, i just ate mashed potatoes, ice cream, OOH!!! get naked smoothies! theyre so good and so filling!!
How do I brush my teeth with the whole shazam in my mouth?
I brushed my front teeth and my little molars..i was too scared to go back there! but the dentist dude will give u a squirter to squirt warm salt water into the holes...DO IT! It's disgusting but if u dont, there could be food in there that could get infected.
How often should I take pain killers?
I took mine whenever they started to hurt. I also used ice! ice sort of helped..u could try popcicles too! i would eat the popcicle and put them back near the holes.
How should I sleep..? D:
I think i slept normally for the most part..../: just load up on pain killers and that should work :thumbsup: LOL jkk!!

This is not ment to freak you out or anything but my boyfriend has neglected to take care of his teeth for years as he hates the dentist. and he let them come in and they destroyed 4 of his teeth and caused a infection so bad he had to go to the ER. it completely clogged his sinus on his left side with the virus and he had it for weeks. and was told if he let it go on any longer the infection would go to his brain and would have killed him. ( just sharing my experience watching first hand ) So i encourage everyone to get them out! Good thing your getting them out! When he came home he was on antibiotics for the infection and a pain killer. he was told if he bleed to much to put warm tea bags on the area that's bleeding with gauze. Never to drink from a straw and to chew only soft foods. No chips, pop corn, crackers etc.

mark

10 mins late to everything
ask for the medicines and stuff before you do the surgery, my sister did it the first time and gave no meds and hurt for about a week, second time she asked and hurt for about 2-3 days.

ask for the medicines and stuff before you do the surgery, my sister did it the first time and gave no meds and hurt for about a week, second time she asked and hurt for about 2-3 days.
Yes! they make you feel strange but its worth the pain being gone. but eat before you take it as it will upset your stomach pretty bad and get nausea.