Hats/Clothing put it store instead of events

Haley

mahou kitten ~ ☾
Hey! So i think that they should release items such as hats and clothing items in the stores.
I was just looking at the VMK wiki(http://www.disneyonlineworlds.com/index.php/Hats) and it seems that that's how VMK did it. Some hats were awarded via host events but most and fair amount of hats and clothing were released by the stores.
I think this would be better, as it would not be so competitive and everyone would have a chance at getting an item that they want.

I feel like this would cause less complaining and more fairness to the game.

DuckSwimmer

callofdutyღ
You think it would be fair when in all honesty it wouldn't. The main problem is everyone I suppose.. has some knowledge of the game. If you release the Minnie hat, for example, in a store.. there will be such a big mass over population of them, it will be insane. Reason is everyone wants one. The difference with the flip hat is that people didn't know the flip hat was gonna retire. For a fact I'm sure if they released something like the minnie hat out in stores, we're gonna know it's gonna go away eventually. They're better off giving out the rare hats in events.

The buyable hats that didn't really have that much extreme value to them, which was most, should be.

or a fact I'm sure if they released something like the minnie hat out in stores, we're gonna know it's gonna go away eventually. They're better off giving out the rare hats in events.
i don't think this is true. we don't really know what staff's plan is for which items to make more rare than others, and we don't know which items they're going to make available a lot of the time. also, a good way to make items more rare is to have them for larger amounts of credits, that way even if a lot of people save up to get one when it is on sale, there will be a decrease in the multiples bought. also, especially in beta, i think we should try to give a fair enough chance to everyone to get the items they really want, especially if its one that you weren't able to get in vmk originally.

i'm not sure about others, but personally, my plan is to buy the items that i like instead of what we think is going to be rare. also, i heard someone say that a lot of items won't be retired forever, so we'll see about that.

although that's not to say we shouldn't have items given out at all. i'm just not a fan of the host hunts cause my fingers literally can never properly type the phrase given :p

Megara

no sleep club
To be honest, I really don't care about the rarity of items. With this return of the game, I feel like everyone just wants a fair chance at getting items they possibly never had in VMK. (Although, with time, items WILL become rare, or rarer).

I understand that if items were to be released in the stores, a lot of people would have that item, but the game is still growing. In a couple months, you won't see everyone wearing that same hat or clothing anymore. Chances are many people traded it, even. The game's players will hopefully keep growing as it goes on, and you will end up seeing less and less of that item that was once sold in the store. My opinion on it, at least.

Hey! So i think that they should release items such as hats and clothing items in the stores.
I was just looking at the VMK wiki(http://www.disneyonlineworlds.com/index.php/Hats) and it seems that that's how VMK did it. Some hats were awarded via host events but most and fair amount of hats and clothing were released by the stores.
I think this would be better, as it would not be so competitive and everyone would have a chance at getting an item that they want.

I share this thought, too.

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev

There was only a small few hats that were released as host events. the majority of host event prizes was one of the pin 5 of the month exclusive special pin sets. They were given out during every host event which made them easily obtainable but still rare in the long run.