HELP!! I can't get in-game!

Help!?

Alright, so I just made a myVMK forums and downloaded myVMK for the first time this morning. I was a heavy user of VMK when it originally came out and do consider myself a HUGE fan since year after year I've kept checking for any updates or fan recreations. I just discovered this today, being super late, I'm freaking out cause I can't even get it to work.

I have a Mac, which yes sucks in the gaming world for me, but I would REALLY appreciate any advice, help, tips, etc. on getting the game to run correctly for me.

I've been working on this all morning and have so far tried:
  • VMWare (Fusion 8)
  • Wine (Windows Emulator)
  • MyVMK Experience
I even tried doing a little research on Boot Camp but I didn't get too much info there so I didn't risk it by going in blind. I attached a picture below of what comes up for MyVMK Experience. Wine said there was some sort of 11 error. Screen Shot 2016-02-01 at 8.23.24 AM.png

So yeah, there's my cry for help. I really hope a get a little more closer to playing by posting this. Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you guys so much!

UPDATE: Amy fixed the error for creating a new character and I'm finally in-game!! I know, I'm so happy!:cheer:
Therefore this thread can be closed now. @Elegance @Figaro

Happy Gaming!
- Bleu

Last edited:
OHMYGLOB! Thank you so freaking much!!! :eee: So far it works and I've finally made it past the login screen. There's no more 404 Error :D
I'll have to confirm that everything's working when it opens in a couple hours, but I'm sooooo excited. Thank you so much @Elegance
This means soo much to me :cheer:[DOUBLEPOST=1454412712][/DOUBLEPOST]

UPDATE:
So everything loads up fine, until now when I'm finally getting to create my character. This screen lets me click one thing then freezes, yet my top bar is working completely fine. I tried restarting my laptop after deleting any apps that might slow it down like that, but nothing changed.
I think there's no hope for me, but I shall fight. :cape:

Attachments

Last edited:
OHMYGLOB! Thank you so freaking much!!! :eee: So far it works and I've finally made it past the login screen. There's no more 404 Error :D
I'll have to confirm that everything's working when it opens in a couple hours, but I'm sooooo excited. Thank you so much @Elegance
This means soo much to me :cheer:[DOUBLEPOST=1454412712][/DOUBLEPOST]

UPDATE:
So everything loads up fine, until now when I'm finally getting to create my character. This screen lets me click one thing then freezes, yet my top bar is working completely fine. I tried restarting my laptop after deleting any apps that might slow it down like that, but nothing changed.
I think there's no hope for me, but I shall fight. :cape:
Hmmmm...... I haven't experienced that issue. Of course, I registered while I was still on Mountain Lion, so I didn't need Experience. I am using MyVMK Launcher now (it's mainly for El Capitan, but it works great on Yosemite.) Try reinstalling the program. If that doesn't help, try Launcher. You can do it! :cheer:

@Elegance , I downloaded MyVMK launcher with MegaSync. It wouldn't let me download it through MegaSync, only through browser though. When I try to do it through MegaSync it says "Error getting file". The same problem happens with this install as the MyVMK Experience with the frozen screen. One or two clicks and no more :/

I just tried reinstalling MyVMK Experience though and I got a couple more clicks in at least, but I think it's frozen again.

Do you think I should download and try opening it through wineskin?[DOUBLEPOST=1454444926][/DOUBLEPOST]I might just try having someone with a working MyVMK create my avatar for me so that maybe if I don't have to deal with that part in all, maybe it will let me play normally :/ It's worth a try.

So if anyone would like to help me out there, that'd be the best thing in the world.
Also anymore other ways of getting in-game would be awesome! I'm willing to try anything and everything, also affordable. It's a dream come true that VMK is back in any form, and I'm still fighting for it, haha.

Last edited:

MacPat

Contributor
@Elegance , I downloaded MyVMK launcher with MegaSync. It wouldn't let me download it through MegaSync, only through browser though. When I try to do it through MegaSync it says "Error getting file". The same problem happens with this install as the MyVMK Experience with the frozen screen. One or two clicks and no more :/

I just tried reinstalling MyVMK Experience though and I got a couple more clicks in at least, but I think it's frozen again.

Do you think I should download and try opening it through wineskin?[DOUBLEPOST=1454444926][/DOUBLEPOST]I might just try having someone with a working MyVMK create my avatar for me so that maybe if I don't have to deal with that part in all, maybe it will let me play normally :/ It's worth a try.

So if anyone would like to help me out there, that'd be the best thing in the world.
Also anymore other ways of getting in-game would be awesome! I'm willing to try anything and everything, also affordable. It's a dream come true that VMK is back in any form, and I'm still fighting for it, haha.
Does the latest version of MyVMK Launcher work for you? V1.4? Download: https://mega.nz/#!DJAxgAqJ!IaV3NYJzPXuSsO1gf-00nS9CkYrqbuFFHWZ0ZtvN6Pw