:snowman: The results are in! :snowman:

Prizes
All participants will receive a Holiday Writing Contest Participation Medal

AND

a Snowflake Winter Beanie!

Our 3rd place prize
goes to...

@Tinker Blue
Quizeenville was a small town that boasted the finest candy makers in the world. At most places, Santa Claus could expect a few cookies and a glass of milk for his Christmas Eve visits. In Quizeenville, he was treated to melt-in-the-mouth truffles, fudge so gooey it tickled every taste bud, hot chocolate that warmed him all the way to his toes…it makes me hungry just to think of it.

One Christmas Eve, Santa arrived in Quizeenville shortly after midnight. He saved his favorite stop in the town for last. Grannie Annie, the Good Candy Witch, always made the most delicious of Christmas Eve plates. He slipstreamed down the chimney and gazed around the store fondly. Rows of candies filled the glass cases. A merry little Christmas tree added a scent of pine to the room. But wait, where was the plate full of treats for him? Usually, it was placed on the counter on a snow white doily.

Then, the door to the kitchen cracked open and the fragrance of chocolate, peppermint, and vanilla wafted out. He peeked around the door and beheld a young woman stirring a great black pot.

“Little Samantha Coco! Why aren’t you asleep in your bed?!”

Samantha’s nose crinkled and her eyes sparkled behind the shiny lenses of her glasses. “I’m not a little girl now, Santa. I’m all grown up.”

“But you can see me! And where is Grannie Annie?”

“I’m not THAT grown up,” Samantha giggled. “Grannie retired last spring so I’ve taken over the shop. Somehow the name stuck so I’m Grannie Sammie now.”

“Children do grow up,” Santa sighed. “I suppose it will be a while before you have children of your own. Guess I’ll have to cross this stop off my list for a while.”

Samantha pulled out a stool. “Here Santa. I know it’s your busy night but you can stay for hot chocolate.”

Santa glanced at the round kitchen clock. “Just a minute, mind you. Then I must be off. I still have Canada to visit.”

Samantha poured silken hot chocolate into a mug. The marshmallows had just started to melt and oozed into the chocolate.

Santa curled his boots around the legs of the stool and nibbled at the delicacies she placed before him. “My! Oh! This…is…magical! My dear, I’ve eaten Annie’s treats for years. I think you cook even better than she did! Before I go, is there some little wish you’d like to make? I can still grant wishes for even grownup young ladies, you know.” Santa winked at her.

“I wish I could give candy to all the children, not just here in town.”

“How would you like a job?” Santa stood. “There is an old gingerbread house near my workshop. We could fix it up for you.”

Well, my dear ones, Grannie Sammie didn’t have to think twice. She moved up to the North Pole and has been making candy for your Christmas stockings ever since.

THE END

Our 2nd place prize
goes to...

@LadyGaga
on MyVMK there was much Holiday cheer,
amy's reindeer ears were out,
and even a secret santa did appear.

baubles and lights decorated the streets,
for the community began spending their credits,
on new furni items ever so neat.

new crates appeared decorated with a ribbon,
giving hopes and dreams of getting that new limited edition,

the elves where busy as raffle tickets began players spending.
who knows what's to come as players begin to speculate.

myvmk at christmas is my favourite time of year.
the community gets close and cosy with christmas sweaters,
before the last snowdrop falls on the main street on the 31st of December

Our 1st place prize
goes to...

@Celeste
It was Christmas morning, and the palace was beautifully decorated in red and green. Everyone was in the Christmas spirit. Especially Rapunzel, who had never had a proper Christmas living in her tower. She had been counting down the days ever since her parents had told her everything about this special time of year. It was finally time! Rapunzel hopped out of bed in her red satin nightdress and ran as fast as she could down the hall to Eugene’s room. She creaked open the door to see him sleeping soundly. She paused and looked over at Pascal sitting on her shoulder. He gave her a nod and a wink. She smiled and burst into his room, hopping on the bed. “Wake up Eugene! It’s Christmas!!” She belted. Pascal chirped excitedly on her shoulder. “Oh, Merry...yaaawn...Christmas.” Eugene muttered sleepily. “Come on, come on let’s go open presents!!” Rapunzel cheered as she jumped up and down. She ran down the spiral staircase to find a humongous fir tree covered in the kingdom’s signature color of vibrant gold. Golden ornaments, and a shiny gold garland finished off with a golden sun placed on top. Underneath the tree were presents for each of the family. Rapunzel grabbed up a handful of gifts. “These are for you!” She said to Eugene as he entered the room. “Woah, need a hand with that blondie?” He asked. “Eugene! I’m not blonde anymore, remember?” She said as she twirled her short brown locks. “I know, but you’re still cute.” He smirked. Rapunzel’s cheeks became flushed. Just then Rapunzel’s newly reunited Mother and Father headed down the stairs. “Merry Christmas you two.” They said. “Merry Christmas!” Rapunzel and Eugene said in unison. They all sat together and opened their gifts. Rapunzel received a pair of handmade shoes, adorned with gems in her favorite color. Rapunzel stared down at her bare feet and wiggled her toes. She beamed and thanked her parents. Next Rapunzel unwrapped an easel and some new paint gifted generously by Eugene. “I thought you could use this, due to the palace walls being off limits.” He chuckled. “Thank you, Eugene.” She smiled warmly at him. Pascal’s gift was a warm blanket sized just for him with the palace sun on it. “Open your presents now!!” Rapunzel said joyfully. She gifted Eugene a leather saddle so he could ride Maximus, a diamond encrusted hand mirror, and a portrait she painted herself of them together. The first portrait of Eugene where his nose looked right! Eugene’s eyes welled up with tears. “Sooo…” Rapunzel scooted closer to him. “Which gift was your favorite?” She asked. “Well, none of these gifts.” He smirked. Rapunzel pouted. “You’ve already given me the best gift I could ever ask for. A family, a place to call my own, a palace at that! A warm fire, a horse.” Rapunzel rolled her eyes. “And most importantly you.” She blushed again and hugged him tightly. “Oh Eugene.” “I love you Rapunzel.” I love you more.”
AND
@iMystery
the snow fell

hard

against the frozen ground

another flake and then

the past would be covered

nothing more than a distant

memory

nothing more

than frozen water

and lost ambitions

that was the thing

about winter

it forgave

and forgot

maybe that was the greatest present of all
AND
@melissrawr
On the first day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the second day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the third day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the fourth day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the fifth day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the sixth day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: six wands waving, five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the seventh day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: seven dwarfs mining, six wands waving, five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the eighth day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: eight elephants marching, seven dwarfs mining, six wands waving, five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the ninth day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: nine toys escaping, eight elephants marching, seven dwarfs mining, six wands waving, five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the tenth day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: ten monsters scaring, nine toys escaping, eight elephants marching, seven dwarfs mining, six wands waving, five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the eleventh day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: eleven candy cars racing, ten monsters scaring, nine toys escaping, eight elephants marching, seven dwarfs mining, six wands waving, five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

On the twelfth day of Christmas Walt Disney sent to me: twelve floating lanterns, eleven candy cars racing, ten monsters scaring, nine toys escaping, eight elephants marching, seven dwarfs mining, six wands waving, five enchanted roses, four laughing hyenas, three Aristocats, two Dodo birds, and Zazu perched in a Marula tree.

Thank you for participating and congratulations to our winners!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.