HOST Event Info - July 2015

HOST_Violet

Advice for entering HOST Events :megaphone:

1.) HOST Events begin on time, so double check that your computer is fully-charged, your wireless internet is connected properly, and you are ready to win some prizes! A general announcement and twitter alert are sent out prior to each event. We will communicate with players, through a general announcement, if an event is delayed or extended. Please note that some games are more time-consuming than others. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that every player in the queue will have a chance at the game. We recommend to plan ahead and hop in line the minute the room is open to the public to ensure your possibilities of entering. Once we close the event, we will allow those in the queue to receive a small prize for waiting. We strive to provide a variety of events for players to attend throughout the month. The calendar is full of daily events, so do not give up if you do not win or are unable to make it into the room. :yay:

2.) By reading the rules ahead of time, you are allowing more players to get into the HOST room in a timely manner. Upon entering the room, we encourage players to read the “i” located on the bottom left of the room. If you click any day on the Events Calendar, a popup with an extended version of each event’s “i” will appear. If you have a question about the game, please let the HOST know so he/she can help clarify any confusion. The link to the Event Calendar is http://www.myvmk.com/events.

3.) If you experience technical difficulties while inside the HOST room, please send us a Call For Help and we’ll be glad to assist you. Technical difficulties include, but are not limited to, disconnecting once in the room due to lag, clicking on the exit instead of the start track, and exiting on the losing track after winning an event. Please keep in mind that we can only bring back players who entered the room right before experiencing technical difficulties.

• Do not jump in line if the room has not fully loaded on your screen. Although we do preload our rooms, some players take longer to load a room properly. If the room is not loading correctly, ask the HOST for a reload!
  • Be cautious about where you click or you may see yourself in Fantasyland Courtyard! We do not want to see any player go through the exit by accident, so make sure that the room is fully loaded before clicking on a start track. :wut:
4.) Do not walk away from the computer if you are close to entering the room! There are many sleepy heads at the door that take up a spot in the room. If we see a player who has been at the entrance for far too long without speaking, we reserve the right to boot them. Do not let this player be you!

5.) We love building and hosting our events, so we hope to see you there! :hug::hearts:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Please note that this thread will be edited with more events by other HOSTs (even those HOSTs without a forums account)!

Wildest Ride in the Wilderness
by HOST_Violet

Rules:
1.) 8 player game- Four teams, each with two players
2.) All four teams spin both generators. The team with the lowest combined score wins first round. All other teams may exit at this time.
3.) Winning team will spin individually against HOST. The player must spin a smaller number than the HOST (ties are not considered a win).
4.) Spin a smaller number than the HOST and you win!

Keep in mind that losing track is located above the second row of Expedition Everest chairs. The winning track is located behind the gold turnstile.

The World Famous Jungle Cruise
by HOST_Violet

Rules:
1.) 4 player game- Green and Red team. Please take a seat on one of the luggage chairs.
2.) Players will spin their generator against the person with the same color generator as them. The highest score from each team will move on. If there is a tie, those players will spin again. All other players may exit at this time.
3.) The two players will take a seat on the throne chair. Both players will spin their gold generator. The person with the highest score wins! If there is a tie, both players will spin again.

Keep in mind that losing track is located next to the second throne chair. The winning track is located behind the red turnstile.

Lucky #13
by HOST_Violet

Rules:
1.) 8 player game- Four teams, each with two players
2.) Take a seat on a luggage cart chair. You will either have a gold or red generator next to you.
3.) When I say 'go,' spin your generator constantly until both you and your partner make both generators read #13. The gold generator must spin a '1' while the red generator must spin a '3.'
4.) The first team to make both generators say #13 wins!

Keep in mind that losing track is located at both windows The winning track is located behind the gold turnstile. An example of how the two generators will read #13 is located next to me! Be cautious while entering the room by double checking that you click on the start track vs. the room exit.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
by HOST_Giselle
There is so much to see in a yellow submarine. However, only one explorer team will be rewarded for anything they have found. The team needs to spin the gen once, team with the lowest combined total of snapshots is out each round until one team is left standing.
Rules:
1) 8 player game - Four teams, each with two players
2) Take a seat in either submarine Neptune Alpha (left) or submarine Neptune Beta (right)
3) When I say 'spin,' spin your generator ONCE. The explorer team with the lowest combined total is out for that round.
- If teams have a tie only those teams will be asked to respin
4) We keep doing spinning rounds until only one explorer team is left with the most snapshots and claim the gold!
Tips:
- Climbing into the submarines can be tricky, try clicking up and around the portal hole where you're face will be.
- Double press the tops of the generators to spin them!
- There is limited clickable space in this room. If you're having trouble try pressing by the submarines or let host know and she'll move you.
Please notice that the general exit is located on top of the rocks in the middle and the gold is for the winning explorer team
Paint the Roses Red
by HOST_Giselle
The Queen of Hearts has captured you! As a team to win her release you need to match all the gens to the number she spins. Work as a team and paint all the roses red to escape or its OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!
Rules:
2) Take a seat on the heart chests and hope the queen doesn't take your heart... or your head!
3) The queen of hearts will spin her generator (not pictured)
4) As a team work to get all your roses painted by spinning your generators until it matches the queens number
5) First team to paint all the roses wins!
Tips:
- Work around your teammate! If you got the first rose and they are struggling on the second just move on to the third until all are finished!
- It is highly suggested to remove any hats as they will only be in YOUR way and might be an issue for you and your teammate.
- If the heart chairs are hard to sit on try pressing the tops of them!
- Press your generators twice on the tops to spin them!
Please notice the general exit is by the Card Soilders and the winners exit is through the gold

Pack it up!
by HOST_Giselle
*This event maybe extended for a longer period of time
Disneyland turned 60th and we’re giving away free last minute trips to Disneyland. However only one (1) pair will get to go on our free trip. This will depend on who packed up the fastest! As teams of two (2) you’ll need to work together and pack everything up the fastest!
How to pack (rules):
2) Take a seat on your suitcases
3) 1 person will spin, 1 person will run collecting belongings; belongings are marked on top of the piles with gold generators
4) Depending on the number the spinner spins (when I say go) the runner will run to that hill of collectables and light the candle matching their team color and return to their seat
5) ONLY when the runner has returned to their seat can the spinner spin again
*PLEASE NOTE: failure to comply with this rule may result in a candle burning out
6) When all collectables have been collected that team wins!
Tips:
- Please do not spin the gold generators

- To light your candle you need to be standing infront or beside it
- When we begin, discuss with your teammate who will be spinning and who will be running (its probably a good idea that the person sitting next to the generator to be the spinner)
- It is highly suggested that you remove your hat for this event to help with your candle lighting

Palace Cleanout
by HOST_Giselle

Please click here for all information on event: Click Me!

Twirling Teacups
by HOST_Giselle

Welcome to the classical teacup ride curiosity of the Mad Hatter. Players enter their teacups (6 players at a time) and the player who spin the fastest gets a special prize. Fastest spin will be determined by the HOST who will spin a number on the generators and if your teacup is that number you win!
Rules:
1) 6 player game, players sit on teacups
2) Host will spin the generators if you're sitting in that teacup you win

Tips:
- Hover over the teacup until you see sit and press it
Anonymous survey about HOST_Giselle's events can be found HERE

Splash Mountain Falls!
By HOST_Flower

Rules:
1.) 5 Players will take a seat in the
barrels.
2.) When I say SPLASH!, Players will race down the slides choosing any teleporter they want.
3.) Anyone to make it to the single right slide wins! Careful now, or you'll get stuck in the Briar Patch!
Tips:

1.) You will have to click the start tracks in order to move around!
2.) Please allow the room to fully load before stepping on the tracks!

Alice's Escape From Wonderland!
By HOST_Flower

Oh no! Alice cannot find a way back home! Can you help her? Pick a porter and show Alice the correct way home before it is too late!
Tips:
1.) Please do not stand around as there are many guests who are waiting in line! :rose:

Mickey Mania!
By HOST_Schweetz
Welcome the game that's insania. It's time to play Mickey Mania!
Rules:
1) 12 players may enter and pick one of four teams.
2) Each team will spin against each other to move on.
3) The team with the highest combined number at the end will move on to spin against me, team Gold Mickey!
4) If the players roll higher than me they win!

Tips:
1) Here is a list of the teams and their colors: Purple= Purple Pluto's, Green= Green Goofy's, Blue= Blue Donald's, Red= Red Minnie's

Mr. Toad's Wild Race
By HOST_Schweetz

Come on down and get your wheel's ready for the wildest race on this side of London!
Rules:
1) Four players may enter.
2) Each player will race against each other to get to the end.
3) The first person to get to the end of the maze and light the lamp at the end wins!
Tips:
1) When you are racing try to click on the back of each chair.

Mickey's Key Mania
By HOST_Hathi
Oh, no! Pluto has stolen Mickey’s trolley keys and he is late for his date with Minnie! Pluto has created mayhem in the clubhouse with the chairs and you must cross them to get the keys from where he is hiding.
Rules:
1.) Four players per round
2.) When I say 'go,' click on the seats in front of you to get across to the winning seat.

Swiss Family Tree Spin
By HOST_Hathi
Rules:
1.) Twelve player game.
2.) Take a seat next to one of the generators. Please do not spin the generator!
2.) I will spin my generator. The two players (one from the red side and one from green side) sitting at the number I spun are the winners!

The Mad Tea Party!

By HOST_Hathi
NEW rules:
1.) Six player game- three players per team
2.) Sit at a generator on either the Blue or Purple Team
3.) I will spin my generator. Teams must continue to spin their generator until all players are matching my number.
4.) The player sitting on the bottom of both teams must run to the red heart chair. The player cannot run to the red chair until all members on their team have spun my number.
5.) The first team to have all team members matching my number and a player on the red heart chair wins!

Tower of Terror Tombstone Touch

By HOST_Hathi
Rules:
1.) Four player game
2.) Take a seat in the first Tower of Terror luggage seat
3.) When I say 'go,' race down the seats as you light up the tombstones closest to you. Please note that players must sit in their seat while lighting the tombstone, with the exception of one near the end.
4.) The first player to have all six tombstones lit and be sitting in the last seat on their row wins!
HINT: In order to move, click the top of the luggage cart on the side you are sitting on!

Skyway Race
By Host_Merlin

1) 4 teams of 2.
2) race to the end of their row.
3) the first team at the end with their candle lit Wins!

Captain Merlin's Nautilus Spin

By Host_Merlin
1) 3 teams of 4.
2) Spin to match the Captain as many times as it takes and as fast as you can.
3) The first team with all 4 gens matching the Captains, Wins!

HOST_Padme's events

Last edited by a moderator:

PudgeTheFish

Tips On Getting in the event first:

1. Get on MyVmk at least 20 minutes before the start time of said event (this is so you get the notification of 15 minutes until ____'s event.
2. Once getting the notification, make sure you see who is hosting the event, things could happen and the host of the event could change!
3. Go into your own room (4 Minutes before said event), and type: "!kick (your name here)"
4. You will now be on the map and will not be in a room behind the map(which creates lag)!
5. Search the host's name, for example, if it were @HOST_Violet hosting the event you would type this in the search bar: "Host_Violet"
6. Search her name, you should now see the room that she is in (this is the room you should be entering)... (You should now have around 2 minutes until event begins)
7. At the event start time, begin to repeat this sequence of steps:
A) Click the room that the event is in (The event room should be highlighted in light blue now)
B) Now click the search button again, (this will turn the highlighted event room to the darker shade of blue)
C) Pay attention to the amount of people in room..
***REPEAT THESE STEPS UNTIL #8***
8. AS SOON AS YOU SEE MORE THAN THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAD BEEN SEEING IN THE ROOM WHILE DOING THE A B & C STEPS YOU CLICK ENTER

This should get you into the room as soon as possible, otherwise you might end up accidently missing the start by a few seconds which could cause you to be 100's of people back in the queue.....

Also, if you were in a queue before the event for any other room, there is a big chance that you will have a glitch on you that makes it so you can't join another queue... So instead of doing step 3, you could just reload the game and stay on the map.

Any questions?

Elessar

Jeez Pudge, thanks!
I'm usually just standing in my empty room frantically clicking the guest rooms button like a buffoon, this is way simpler/cleaner.

i do is. i get on about 5-10 min, than look who's hosting, than search the host name, than wait like 5 sec to enter when the clock hit the start time, if you don't wait few sec than you get a note that say *can't enter the room* well 5 sec most likely don't help...bc a lot of events i waited around 5 to 6 sec and still say *can't enter the room* than i try to do it again sometime say it again or in-line between 30 to 40+ players.
like tonight host_nemo i waited for 5 sec than i get in-line i was 100+ i was like really... lol
Tips On Getting in the event first:

1. Get on MyVmk at least 20 minutes before the start time of said event (this is so you get the notification of 15 minutes until ____'s event.
2. Once getting the notification, make sure you see who is hosting the event, things could happen and the host of the event could change!
3. Go into your own room (4 Minutes before said event), and type: "!kick (your name here)"
4. You will now be on the map and will not be in a room behind the map(which creates lag)!
5. Search the host's name, for example, if it were @HOST_Violet hosting the event you would type this in the search bar: "Host_Violet"
6. Search her name, you should now see the room that she is in (this is the room you should be entering)... (You should now have around 2 minutes until event begins)
7. At the event start time, begin to repeat this sequence of steps:
A) Click the room that the event is in (The event room should be highlighted in light blue now)
B) Now click the search button again, (this will turn the highlighted event room to the darker shade of blue)
C) Pay attention to the amount of people in room..
***REPEAT THESE STEPS UNTIL #8***
8. AS SOON AS YOU SEE MORE THAN THE AMOUNT THAT YOU HAD BEEN SEEING IN THE ROOM WHILE DOING THE A B & C STEPS YOU CLICK ENTER

This should get you into the room as soon as possible, otherwise you might end up accidently missing the start by a few seconds which could cause you to be 100's of people back in the queue.....

Also, if you were in a queue before the event for any other room, there is a big chance that you will have a glitch on you that makes it so you can't join another queue... So instead of doing step 3, you could just reload the game and stay on the map.

Any questions?

i get in a lot of host events with want i doing. well bc my computer is faster. but if i go to morning events than i have to get on 15 or more mins bc my computer don't like mornings lol plus it turn off when i go bed and turn on when i'm awake that's take like 15-20mins to wake thing up on my computer lol p.s i just won :D

HOST_Giselle

..I've been dreaming of a true loves kiss...
Added: Picture of room for Twirling Teacups and Pack it Up!
Also added all information for Twirling Teacups event

HOST_Giselle

Disneyland Map
by HOST_Padme

"To all who come to this Happy Place, Welcome!" Which is your favorite "land"? Choose and if my generator matches yours you win!

Space Mountain Fastpass
by HOST_Padme

Two riders enter, have a seat on the asteroid chairs. When I say LAUNCH! Race on Space Mountain by clicking on the start tile. Be careful, you will have to click on the chairs during the race! The first to get to the top asteroid chair wins!

HOST_Padme's events added as a post because our first post has gotten too big, oops!

HOST_Giselle

Remodeled Palace Cleanout is tomorrow and as promised the room is displayed a day before. I wanted to take this post and also re-explain how this event works.
Here is the room, included the prizes that can obtained:
Description:
The palace has gotten a bit overcrowded and the prince asked Giselle to clear out the things she no longer needs. Come on by the royal palace to pick something up! Spin the generator and pick from the pool of items. Please note to trade something in return.

Rules:
1. Once a HOST is ready you'll sit next to a host and spin the generator once
2. Please pick from only that pile of items only
3. It is required for you to trade the host something
- Anything above 1 credit excluding pixels (pixels are not taken as a form of payment)
4. Once trade is complete please exit through the clouds in a timely manner

Tips:
- Try to pick what you would like from each pile before spinning your gen, this will allow for us to move quicker if your selection is quicker
- Please do not go AFK a couple people from going into the room or in the room. This will allow for more guests to come through the event

Disclaimer:
- This event is very time consuming, please be prepared for a wait and slow-moving queue
- after spin you have 20 seconds to pick your prize or it'll be up to the discretion of the host who's trading you to either give you a prize of their choice or boot
- Please note that every guest who makes it through the event is considered a "winner"
- Not everyone who makes it into the queue will have a chance to play this event. However we still encourage you to stay for a small prize at the end of the event.

So if you would like to participate: join the queue, grab yourself a nice book or that netflix show you've been eying and hang tight! This is also a general suggestion to any queue wait :aww:

Last edited: