Host Events

Chase

VMK Veteran
This is just a suggestion. I have noticed that a lot of people who join the queue do not get to play the game. After the event everyone else in line just gets a consolation prize, which most think is unfair. I think instead of giving everyone else in line a consolation prize, after the event is over just close room and let those who are still in the line have a chance to play. Thank you!

-Chase

That would take hours to finish! There are over 300-500 people in line sometimes. Games like this when only two people play would take a long time.

They've done this before, the only thing is it takes a LOT of extra time. It took like 3 more hours for an event. Staff don't have time to let everyone play.

Kinglaser

Except the line exceeds 300, and it would take another hour or so to get through everyone in the queue. Good suggestion, it's just too time consuming.

Whispered

You have to realize that the HOSTs are volunteers - unlike original VMK they are not getting payed, they do not work in VMK all day long, they have lives outside of VMK. For most of them, running a 2 hour event twice a week is all they can do - when you consider they also build the rooms, build the PPR/ALR rides, and other behind the scenes stuff. Letting the queue all play would potentially be another 3+ hours of their time..

laurathelostgirl

Official Nevergirl
As much fun as the two people per game events can be, they should just really come up with games that get loads of people through at a time. Like Cherub's morning maze madness. So many people get in, and sometimes some people get in more than once. It's really awesome!

What if they opened more then one room with the same game? it seems there are normally two hosts in a room any way so why not have one go to another room and run the same game? it would get more people through and it wouldn't take the hosts time because they would just be at the other room anyway!

C

Celluloid

As others have mentioned, many of us do what we can with what time we reliably have available. You more than double the length of an event if you allow the entire queue in. (Everyone who makes it in going twice + more time for clones to join queue + more people who couldn't have been on at the start) It's impractical to do the entire queue for a good amount of events for these reasons. We don't open multiple events for similar reasons, as it's difficult to schedule multiple host being reliable available for huge swaths of time. Sometimes it happens that we can do things like this Especially with ride-a-thons where the entire event can be handled by one host, but we feel we do a good job taking care of our population, and in many way, such as queue prizes, go well above any beyond the original VMK in addressing such issues.
The events however begin at a specified time, and it is your responsibility to be there on time. Consider it as an appointment. We'll do our best to make sure anyone in the first few minutes gets in. Please keep in mind you're responsible for determining if you think you'll get in by the time the event ends.

Exodus

The original was the same. Not everyone got to participate in the events. You have to understand, MyVMK mods and hosts are all volunteers dedicating hours of their time to make it as enjoyable as possible for a growing community.

Fotogirl

I had a glitch last night right at the open and ended up being at around 300 in line for the event. I stayed in line and waited and made it to number 4 in line. I think for an hour and a half to get three hundred people thru when only two are playing at a time was a big number that got to play. I never expected to make it that close to getting in. I am sure that there were some behind me in line who also did not get in even once, but beyond a certain point the line then becomes people who are in line again after having played once and clones who couldn't get in quick enough at the start. So by extending the time they would be doing so more for second tries and clones. I personally think the Hosts do a fabulous job and am thrilled to have these events even if I don't always get to play.