Host Events

I and a ton of others entered the Q for the Host event within 1-3 minutes of it opening (without notification after the re-start) and ended up not being able to get into the room. If there is going to be a specified room for a Host event, there should be more than one room with more than one Host running it so everyone gets time to be able to play. I waited patiently for over an hour and a half with nothing to show.. Its not fair to the players who wait the whole time because it only lasts an hour and only 6 people can be in the room at a time to play.. We should atleast get a consolation gift for waiting the whole time..

Jasmine

I completely agree... This post is from another thread:
I agree. I know life isn't fair and all, but considering the game was restarted twice, and many of us were actually in the room at that time, we should have at least gotten something.

CaptofPinkPearl

♥Love Ain't SO Bad♥
Jasmine said that was her first event in room and didnt know how it would go...if you ever played vmk before you know how it turns out. either make more rooms or longer period of time. and thats my final rant

I mean, I understand that its Beta, and that they are working through bugs and what not, but make it fair to EVERYONE. I know that they cant be giving all 300 people who waited something, but at least to the people who entered within the first 5 minutes should get something to show for the time spent in line..

Mason

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to indicate who is in the queue and at what time they entered. This was also the first event within a guest room so there should have been some issues that arose- and unfortunately the restarts were probably essential to be performed and were not planned. Things will get better if VMK Pass is functioning in the future to allow for players to at least be doing something else while waiting- then if you by chance don't make it in the room you didn't waste the entire time. Also, once teleporters and a way to automatically generate prizes works I would expect to see some more fast moving events, but games like this are always fun as well!

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to indicate who is in the queue and at what time they entered. This was also the first event within a guest room so there should have been some issues that arose- and unfortunately the restarts were probably essential to be performed and were not planned. Things will get better if VMK Pass is functioning in the future to allow for players to at least be doing something else while waiting- then if you by chance don't make it in the room you didn't waste the entire time. Also, once teleporters and a way to automatically generate prizes works I would expect to see some more fast moving events, but games like this are always fun as well!
But its not fun when you are stuck waiting and hoping to get in for once and then dont, even though you entered in the first 30 seconds

Nexut

This is exactly how vmk was though. And on vfk, I've waited 1-2 hours in a room waiting for host that never came in host hunts. It's just how it is.

relizabeth

this wasnt first event in guest room though

John

Instead of being in the queue in the first 3 minutes you should have done it in the first 30 seconds

Fiyero

And I'll post this again because it still seems relevant

Pleas realize that the same thing happened in VMK. They opened a room and sometimes the queues got to the point where you had no hope of getting in even if it was opened an extra hour or so.

The point of the HOST events are not so everyone and their brother get a prize. It's to allow the people who can get in a fun experience and the chance at a prize. If you were stuck in the queue this time and couldn't get in, try again next time. I realize you think the restarts affected you too, but this is the beta period. There will be restarts and if you are unlucky enough to be negatively affected by it, try again next time and maybe then you'll be lucky.

Wishing you all luck at the next event!

The only thing I would have liked to see different is, we received multiple messages explaining the game would be restarted, etc. We also received messages saying what time the original time would be for the game to start. When the game re-started, we didn't receive a message saying the HOST game was back up. Would have liked another notification for that.