If you're upset about the recently retired items, here's what you should buy next...

This is a good idea and all, but if everyone stocks up on this limited amount of items (that is fairly predictable based on on the current pattern), they won't be nearly as rare if/when they do retire.

basketbuddy

This is a good idea and all, but if everyone stocks up on this limited amount of items (that is fairly predictable based on on the current pattern), they won't be nearly as rare if/when they do retire.
Agreed. Common knowledge, of course ;D

Ranch

I like the theory, but I don't think it will work. Mainly because park items are up to our staff to distribute, instead of us physically going to the parks for the super stuff. And "super" stuff is whatever staff chooses to be. Back in the day, flip hats weren't so glamorous and many people had them. Now, they are a reminder of the early days of our beloved revival.

One thing I'd love to see, is everyone get a red space suit somehow. EVERYONE. Whether it be through attendance for a Tomorrowland event, or winning a game, getting one would ROCK.. only because I believe VMK gave 1 out, and only 1.

basketbuddy

All of these items were retired after some time in the original VMK, just like what happened to us recently

The items that were recently retired in MyVMK are on these lists, along with things that are still for sale and items that were forced to be rare :o

these are just possibilities though, so keep that in mind :D

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Beta_Furniture
Tohrukun, your name seems to ring a bell for some reason...

While your intentions may have been good by sharing this list with everyone, I'm afraid you have probably just made all the future retired BETA useless. Now there will be tons of it out there and it wont be worth much. And some people had already invested quite a bit into these items (yes me included), and now we are out those credits... :( So now we will all have to try to buy as many other things in shops and hope something different gets retired so we end up with something that is worth something. I hope you close this thread and think about what the consequences you thread may have on the game.

While your intentions may have been good by sharing this list with everyone, I'm afraid you have probably just made all the future retired BETA useless. Now there will be tons of it out there and it wont be worth much. And some people had already invested quite a bit into these items (yes me included), and now we are out those credits... :( So now we will all have to try to buy as many other things in shops and hope something different gets retired so we end up with something that is worth something. I hope you close this thread and think about what the consequences you thread may have on the game.

Dude... It's just a game. They shouldn't (in my own opinion) be retiring the same furniture as original VMK did just to make it like before since that's already predictable.

Staff have two choices. Make it like original VMK and have it be predictable. Make it different and retire random items so the items actually have value.
You can't have both valuable items and have it the same as original, sadly.

Dude... It's just a game. They shouldn't (in my own opinion) be retiring the same furniture as original VMK did just to make it like before since that's already predictable.

Staff have two choices. Make it like original VMK and have it be predictable. Make it different and retire random items so the items actually have value.
You can't have both valuable items and have it the same as original, sadly.
I agree with you on this, and I thought that's what they said they'd do. I know that one of the staff mentioned that the things that were rare in VMK wouldn't necessarily be rare here, and vice versa. I hope that applies to retired buyables.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
Very helpful! Thanks! :)

Two things:
1.) This was really dramatic and unnecessary. It's a virtual game, no one died, or was robbed of anything so overreacting won't do anything but cause trouble. Stay calm and relax, you won't be out any credits just because people buy items on MyVMK that COULD retire next.

2.) Anyone with a working internet connection could look up that list. It's been mentioned by staff members themselves on multiple occasions that the fashion in which things are released/retired are strikingly similar if not exact to how it was done in the original game. Anyone that put two and two together would think to find the list of beta items that could be worth more later on, and in turn buy up as much as they can for trading purposes later (which happens all the time anyway with the release of seasonal items, so this is nothing new). It's pretty ridiculous to assume that just because this list is publicly available on the forums now, means you've lost out on revenue. This list was always publicly available, people just don't have to skulk the isles of Google for it now, you aren't losing anything so relax.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Why would you post this?
Why wouldn't you?

Two things:
1.) This was really dramatic and unnecessary. It's a virtual game, no one died, or was robbed of anything so overreacting won't do anything but cause trouble. Stay calm and relax, you won't be out any credits just because people buy items on MyVMK that COULD retire next.

2.) Anyone with a working internet connection could look up that list. It's been mentioned by staff members themselves on multiple occasions that the fashion in which things are released/retired are strikingly similar if not exact to how it was done in the original game. Anyone that put two and two together would think to find the list of beta items that could be worth more later on, and in turn buy up as much as they can for trading purposes later (which happens all the time anyway with the release of seasonal items, so this is nothing new). It's pretty ridiculous to assume that just because this list is publicly available on the forums now, means you've lost out on revenue. This list was always publicly available, people just don't have to skulk the isles of Google for it now, you aren't losing anything so relax.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.
Took the words right out of my mouth. It was clearly a popular enough theory that the majority of responses were in line with what everyone thought. It doesn't take an expert to come up with the idea that this game might in fact be similar to the one it's based on haha. Obviously there are going to be some parallels. Actually, I think the people making a big deal out of this are the ones giving it away more than someone posting a list of possibilities. Some are acting like it's a guarantee, when the lesson to be learned from the original was that nothing, not even the existence of the game, is a guarantee.

Just relax. If you're right, you're right and you have the items and someone posting the list once isn't gonna make or break the value.

Just buy the stuff if you want to and stock up. I am glad that this list was posted it kinda gives me an idea on what I could buy next. It is different than the original because if you look under the hats section not nearly every hat was available right away in old vmk. Also too in old vmk red smee never retired. The new vmk economy will not collapse, we will not see a vmk Armageddon or its version of Y2K because of this list that was publicly made years ago. There are new people joining pretty much daily so not everyone will get certain things before they retire. For those getting bent out of shape over this list you need to seriously cool your churros and sit down.

Gooniest-busy being awesome since 1982 :)

Allusion

just your friendly neighborhood allusion
If anyone's worrying that they're "losing out" and are very upset about this one post, I think they need to step outside of the game for a little bit, seeing as though it is just that - a game.

Thank you for posting the list, (: