Are you for this change?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Suggestion
Improving High Scores and their Significance

Being an occasional high scorer and avid mini-game player. I've noticed that there is no real significance to getting a high score besides having your name on the list. I'd like to propose a few changes to improve the high score system.

a) 1 Score Only - I believe that only the best score for each player should be listed. This would mean that each listing on the high score table will be a unique one, and you won't see a repeat of any persons name. This will give every player more opportunity to get on to the high score list.

b) Rewards for High Scores - It would be much more incentive to compete for a High Score if there were rewards for getting a high score. I suggest the following:
Top 10 Players: Each Receive A Key
Top 5 Players: Each Receive 250 Credits + Top 10 Reward
Top Player: Receives 500 Credits + Top 10 Reward​

These rewards would be given at the reset of the High Score Chart.

c) Display High Scores In-Game - I'm sure this is a known issue at this point, but the high scores should be displayed on the in-client High Score section.

ClarityG

I love your ideas a) and c). I'd definitely rather see the top 10 individuals who scored the highest, than the top 10 scores that were all made by the same three people.

I'm not sure about rewards, though. I've noticed it's always the same people on the lists almost every day. I myself often end up on the top 10 list for Fireworks, and I already get tons of credits just because the game gives out more credits for higher scores. I'd feel bad if I was getting even more credits and keys as a reward for a top 10 score when I already get more credits than a lot of people.

S

Solar

That is true, but if anything they take out of this they should make it so that each person on the list is a unique player -- so it'll be ten different people.
Yeah, that sounds fine to me. As long as they aren't on there 6 times and get 6 keys XD.

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
My favorite idea of yours is only having the user appear once on the high score list than 3-5 times. No offense or anything, most of them happen to be my friends, but I think it would give other people a chance to be on top. (:

Also, I do agree that there should be a reward. But I think it should be something else. I don't know what, but I agree that would definitely pump up some people!

ClarityG

Also, I do agree that there should be a reward. But I think it should be something else. I don't know what, but I agree that would definitely pump up some people!
Maybe like a special pin or other item, that you only get the first time you end up on the top ten?

You guys are complaining how the top 5 will always be on the high score list... that was how it was in the original VMK. And to get the prizes, people would play when the game reset the high scores at midnight. Of course, they would get booted off the list later on.
Anyways, in the original VMK, if you were on the high score list for Jungle Cruise, you would get a tent room, and if you did well in Fireworks, then you would get the fireworks magic pin.
I think that's what we should get. Keys are annoying now.

Drewby

WDW Annual Passholder
I do enjoy the thought of a reward for high scoring players. VMK did something like this, I remember if you made it to the top 10 for Jungle Cruise, you'd win 1000 credits. I also remember fireworks magic was awarded for beating a certain score.