In-Game Inbox Messages for Announcments

Pinkie_Poof

It would be nice to have in-game messages through inbox like what are used upon log-in for special day pins for important announcements. Recently there have been some important issues announced via twitter or just in-game announcements, such as suspension of accounts with dash magic and blocking rooms, etc. In-game announcements and other means (like twitter) aren't enough for something that important if you aren't currently online. A forum announcement could be helpful, but again, not everyone checks forums or twitter. If these messages were sent through the inbox feature to all players, online and offline, it would be a much better way to alert players to important announcements such as a possibility of an account being suspended.

I completely agree. When I play, I just play the game. I don't check the forums or the twitter. The forums and twitter and other forms of social media should be used as a supplement, not as a replacement for what should be in-game announcements (those one time messages don't count, if you aren't online you will miss it anyway).

It's annoying to now worry about breaking new rules that have been announced outside of the game. For the past couple months I have been trying to avoid having to use the forums, as all I wanted to do is play the game itself, but now it is starting to seem more necessary, which should not be a thing.

tldr: Use the game for all announcements. Not everyone is on the forums or check the forums.

It would be nice to have in-game messages through inbox like what are used upon log-in for special day pins for important announcements. Recently there have been some important issues announced via twitter or just in-game announcements, such as suspension of accounts with dash magic and blocking rooms, etc. In-game announcements and other means (like twitter) aren't enough for something that important if you aren't currently online. A forum announcement could be helpful, but again, not everyone checks forums or twitter. If these messages were sent through the inbox feature to all players, online and offline, it would be a much better way to alert players to important announcements such as a possibility of an account being suspended.
I completely agree. When I play, I just play the game. I don't check the forums or the twitter. The forums and twitter and other forms of social media should be used as a supplement, not as a replacement for what should be in-game announcements (those one time messages don't count, if you aren't online you will miss it anyway).

It's annoying to now worry about breaking new rules that have been announced outside of the game. For the past couple months I have been trying to avoid having to use the forums, as all I wanted to do is play the game itself, but now it is starting to seem more necessary, which should not be a thing.

tldr: Use the game for all announcements. Not everyone is on the forums or check the forums.
This is an interesting idea! Although, we do post announcements and other useful information on the forums quite often, in addition to announcing them in game and on twitter. The forums is a way we can communicate with the players efficiently and keep all of you updated on announcements and new things happening in the game. We encourage everyone to be active and check the forums regularly so you can be in the loop of what is going on! :)

Pinkie_Poof

This is an interesting idea! Although, we do post announcements and other useful information on the forums quite often, in addition to announcing them in game and on twitter. The forums is a way we can communicate with the players efficiently and keep all of you updated on announcements and new things happening in the game. We encourage everyone to be active and check the forums regularly so you can be in the loop of what is going on! :)
I understand that, but new rules such as suspensions for using dash magic for getting pods via twitter is not an efficient method, and is unfair if someone were to have repurcussions from not knowing about sudden rules being added.

I understand that, but new rules such as suspensions for using dash magic for getting pods via twitter is not an efficient method, and is unfair if someone were to have repurcussions from not knowing about sudden rules being added.
I see where you are coming from on that and I apologize for that not being specified. The thread explaining the Experiment Pod Hunting has been revised and those rules have been added. I will also pass that information along to the rest of the staff. Thank you for your input and helping us make the game better :)