Is it bad to just want to give stuff away?

Mademoiselle

So I got my 3rd Daisy pin from the dark rides today, and I sat there wondering what I would do with them. I decided that I'd just wait around and eventually trade them if they ever became rare. As I was sharing the stone with another player, she eventually pulled a prize and I got a little ticked bc my immediate thought was, "Man! That could've been me!" But I congratulated her anyway and asked what she got. She asked if I was trying to pull for Donald (I guess she had seen my displayed pins) and I asked if she was still looking for a Daisy. Well, I decided to just give up one of my Daisy's for free. Now, I'm not posting this bc I want brownie points of any kind, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who does this? I've seen some of you trying to help others with the slide contest and sometimes giving things out when you just have too much of it; but have you met just a random player around and decided, what the heck?

So I got my 3rd Daisy pin from the dark rides today, and I sat there wondering what I would do with them. I decided that I'd just wait around and eventually trade them if they ever became rare. As I was sharing the stone with another player, she eventually pulled a prize and I got a little ticked bc my immediate thought was, "Man! That could've been me!" But I congratulated her anyway and asked what she got. She asked if I was trying to pull for Donald (I guess she had seen my displayed pins) and I asked if she was still looking for a Daisy. Well, I decided to just give up one of my Daisy's for free. Now, I'm not posting this bc I want brownie points of any kind, I was just wondering if I'm the only one who does this? I've seen some of you trying to help others with the slide contest and sometimes giving things out when you just have too much of it; but have you met just a random player around and decided, what the heck?
That was a very kind gesture you did and I definitely admire it since you're new to the game and instead of building up your player, you're helping others out! I try my best if I see someone looking for something to help them out or if they are new I give them a little thing known as "Ace's Starter Pack". I think the players who have experience and a lot of items in the game (I've been playing since March so I don't have as many items as the people from 2013) but I think the game should be less focused on being greedy and getting all of the items, but more focused on helping other players out. This is why I'm looking forward to the Community Leader program that's going to be implemented into the game since it will be able to help new (and old) players out too. So to recap, it's never bad to give stuff away whether it's in cyperspace or in real life! Kindness and giving goes a long way! : )

Huai

Magic Maker
It's always a cool thing to give out free stuff at random. Especially if you happen to have a whole lot of doubles of something, I've given out plenty of SITS pins recently... mostly because I have too many double of them, yet no Donald yet... :)

Kinglaser

Yeah I give little stuff (like the pins) to people a lot. For me, it depends on my mood and the person's attitude. Like if theyre acting kinda upset that they dont have whatever pin, Ill give it to them. But if they like throw a fit.. then no thanks. If that makes sense. Lol

Mademoiselle

It's always a cool thing to give out free stuff at random. Especially if you happen to have a whole lot of doubles of something, I've given out plenty of SITS pins recently... mostly because I have too many double of them, yet no Donald yet... :)
I've been pulling for that Donald too! That's the last one I need to complete the set (other than the Stitch they've been giving out at events). I even got the Pluto pin which doesn't even have a picture on the newsletter, so that was a nice surprise!

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I've never kept anything really. The only item I don't trade is my FW magic because it's just so cute c: But yeah, I've had 10+ super rares and given them all away. Or, I'd trade them for a lot of smaller items to give away to others. There's a lot more joy imho in giving. Not to say you can't spoil yourself or keep anything, I just prefer giving (:

Jasmine

Even to ppl you don't know?(:
Yeah. Actually, a lot of players in game do this. I know some more popular ones are known to do it often, but there are plenty of quiet players that do it and don't want the attention from it. It happens everyday.

I got all 15 of each Dinah and caterpillar pins free in 1 day because people are very nice, and I usually help out when I can. I think everyone does at some point. :)

KMystikroots

A demon who vaguely sauntered downwards
I have gotten free things from people and given, it is a nice thing to do for the community in my opinion!

philitup

The Internet Champion!
I do it sometimes. Heck, I'm doing a World Cup contest where you just pick a team and sit on your butt while you see how they do, and the top four get a prize. It's very sweet of you, the kingdom could use a lot more people like that.

deviousdormouse

I've completed my Waterpark pin collection (minus Stitch) so I keep pulling extra pins. I keep some to trade for the future but since I have 3 Goofy, 2 Daisy, and 1 Pluto I give them to people who need them for free. :)

Pretty much everyone gives away stuff every now and again. Common ride pins aren't worth anything so it's easy to give them away to people who want them to complete a set or lanyard. I don't like having a ton of stuff I don't want in my inventory and when there is no demand to trade it, I just give it away.