is myvmkpal ok?.... UPDATE/10/06

UPDATE: why im am i still getting black screens jesus christ..... do i need to yet again re download myvmkpal? it was working fine earlier today....and for the past few days kinda....its just so discouraging and makes me not want to play anymore.

NO i cannot use chrome
NO i cannot use firefox
NO i cannot use safari
NO i will not use internet explorer
RESTARTING MY LAPTOP WILL NOT HELP

Last edited:

Animazement

By all means, move at a glacial pace.
I've had this problem before. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the application. However, I've been using experience (so I've been sort of using Pal). Hope it's working again!

JoyArlene

I started having trouble yesterday loading the game. I use Pal exclusively because it is so easy. However yesterday, it would get to the load screen that has the bar showing how far you have loaded and it would get nearly all the way across and stop. I thought maybe it was my internet, (we travel all over the usa) but when we moved it was the same and all other URL's seem to work just fine. I tried other browsers and finally FireFox worked and then last night I could use Pal AFTER I logged in with FireFox. This morning it seems to be the same way. FireFox is loading right now and then I suspect Pal will work again. Now I am using the older Pal because I didn't like my avatar so huge on the side and other reasons but I have never had so much trouble with Pal before. Maybe I will try uninstalling it and reinstalling it also. "Stuff" happens on computers lol[DOUBLEPOST=1443532842][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh and it loads teeny tiny in Firefox, I am and old person and have old eyes not easy to see so I really prefer Pal! lol And yep once I loaded it in FireFox, it is loading in Pal, so weird!

JoyArlene

Sorry to be such a bother but again I can't get Pal to work OR ANY browser, I am getting the black screen. I can go anywhere else on the internet and my other game loads just fine and I can play mini games etc. MyVmk seems to be the only problem so I am thinking they made a change that doesn't comply with my settings or something. I have cleared cache everywhere and have been able to limp in yesterday but this morning nothing and I am leaving for the day so I guess it is no credit run for me. Thanks for any help or ideas any of you have. Joy

JoyArlene

Thanks Ani, I did that and I also installed the newest version of Pal, I was using the old cause the first new one wouldn't go full screen, now it does. I have been out all day, got home trying to get on and it isn't loading shockwave even anymore :( I am SO sad!!

@JoyArlene ... I assume you are on a windows system. If you are, when was the last time you did a disk clean? If you havent done it in a while or never, try it. Control panel...system and security.. admin tools and then disk clean. It might take a bit to run, but when it finishes, check ALL the boxes and hit ok. I hope this works for ya!

JoyArlene

Rosey, I am not sure about shockwave being for chrome, chrome changed and it doesn't seem to work with chrome anymore.

Minnie, I guess I will try that although my computer is less than a year old. I am trying right now to get logged in, I opened Pal and started logging in, the first thing it needed was shockwave (again) and now I have a black screen again :(

Puff Yes I updated Pal and it is exactly the same. It didn't change anything for the logging in. :(

OK so I see you are having the same problem Puff?[DOUBLEPOST=1443700611][/DOUBLEPOST]Well, I did the disk clean up and I have the same problem. It still wants to install shockwave even though I did that last time, I do it again and it seems to hang on the black screen that says loading shockwave then eventually it just goes black and never goes any further :( I have to get my laundry done, then I will fight with this again, so so SO discouraging to not be able to get in!

I can not get in this morning for any reason, I have uninstalled shockwave, and reinstalled it, I updated to the latest Pal. I have tried to log in with firefox/internet explorer (both the old and the new that came with windows 10) and even Opera, all I am getting is the black screen. I cleaned my disk, I cleared all cache and cookies, I have no idea what else I can do :(

Oh going to add here, my computer is a Toshiba laptop, we have a Dell laptop that is doing exactly the same thing and my husbands Desktop also gets the black screen of death, this happened suddenly like some update myvmk did clashes with us? I don't know it just won't work on ANY of our computers. :( Another thing I might mention is that if I use any browser other than firefox it tells me I am using chrome and to download a patch that MIGHT work, guess I will try that one.....

That didn't work either, although I did get past the black screen to the screen with the dragon but it never went any further after half an hour.

Last edited:

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Shockwave is not bundled into Chrome. You are confusing Flash and Shockwave. They are two different things. You need to downgrade Shockwave. If you do not have it installed, that may be the whole issue. You can download Shockwave from here: https://get.adobe.com/shockwave/