• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

Andrew

Do you jaywalk? Do you think jaywalking is safe, or should people always walk at crosswalks/designated areas specific for walking across streets?

Last edited:

Whispered

Ok so I come from close to DC. Crosswalks exist there. People kinda use them kinda a bit? Most times not necessarily when the walk sign is on?

I think as long as you aren't running across a road and it's obvious nobody will run into you then I have no problem with it to be completely honest.

Exodus

What HIGHLY pesters me about jaywalkers is that some will take their sweet precious time as if their father owns the road... no... first of all you're already doing something illegal that could put your life at risk, second, why would you stare at your phone the entire time to add-on to your chance of death? I am alright with jaywalkers that are aware of their surrounding and cross the road as quickly as possible for their safety and the drivers... but goodness, some people are just so...

PIGGIESARECOOL

GAHHHH THIS IS MY BIGGEST PET PEEVEEE!!!!! They are honestly so annoying..whats worth is when there is a crosswalk LITERALLY like 10 ft away...LIKE JUST GO TO THE CROSSWALK!!! UGhHH >.<

allison

There's no crosswalks where I live so this tends to happen a lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aceastrofan

The one and only...
Jaywalking can be both a good thing and a bad thing depending on what the scenario is. For example, jaywalking with no nearby or visible crosswalk is okay in my eyes. However, jaywalking out of sheer laziness is beyond irritating, as this puts too many lives at risk just for the incessant need to cut steps out of a sequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LooseSeal

I think it depends. In the city I'm in, jaywalking is a pretty accepted norm. I always look both ways and if there's no cars coming, then I'm not going to wait for the signal to change to tell me I can walk, especially in some intersections where it takes the signals forever to change. I'll just cross, although I'm not the type of person who will cross in front of a car and expect the car to stop for me. I also tend to cross in crosswalks, although every now and again I won't (depends on how busy the street is). My roommate is from the midwest, though, and always freaks out when we jaywalk - it really just depends on the norms of the city/geographic area you're from, I guess. I mean, I've jaywalked plenty of times in front of cops and have never once been stopped, nor have I heard of anyone else being stopped, either.