Just a few of my Favorites

Fotogirl

I love that they started a photography section for posting pics. I loved looking at everyone's art work that they have posted and am happy that there is somewhere now for me to share some of my art :)

Cannon at sunset Gettysburg PA

Whatcha lookin' at? Philadelphia Zoo

Full moon

Collecting Pollen

Sunset Fisherman at Sebastian Inlet State Park Florida

King ... at Animal Kingdom

Magic Kingdom

Confederate Skirmish Line at the 150th Anniversary of the Battle at Gettysburg July 4, 2013

Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy them.

Fotogirl

These are amazing. I love the battle and fisherman. Oh and the kitty. ^_^
Thank you so much ... I like the big kitty one too

----------

Great photos foto! Love them!

Thank you Minnie :)

----------

Um, why are you so good. I love all of them! The bee.. omg why would you get so close to that.
Aww thanks taiflower! Its cropped a little bit but not much. I was pretty close but he was focused on the flower and not worried about me being there

Fotogirl

Wow, these are all so nice! The color is stunning. May I ask what type of camera/lens you use?
I have a Nikon D300 that I mostly shoot with a Nikon 17-55 2.8 lens. I also have a Nikon D600 that I use a variety of lenses with mostly a Nikon 70-200 2.8 and a Nikon 50mm 1.4. I have the money saved to get a 85mm 1.4 but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet. I also have a Nikon 60mm macro.

Cat

I have a Nikon D300 that I mostly shoot with a Nikon 17-55 2.8 lens. I also have a Nikon D600 that I use a variety of lenses with mostly a Nikon 70-200 2.8 and a Nikon 50mm 1.4. I have the money saved to get a 85mm 1.4 but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet. I also have a Nikon 60mm macro.
Yay a fellow Nikon user (:
I have a Nikon d3100 but don't have near the lens collection you do!
Do you have any recommendations for a wide angle?

Fotogirl

Yay a fellow Nikon user (:
I have a Nikon d3100 but don't have near the lens collection you do!
Do you have any recommendations for a wide angle?
I need to get a wide angle lens and will probably go with either a 20mm or 24 mm for the D600 full frame. With your camera being a crop sensor camera if you are looking for something to be pretty wide you have to consider the crop factor. A 24mm on a full frame is going to be close to a 35mm on a crop sensor camera.

Before I buy a new lens I almost always will rent one from either borrowlenses.com or lensrentals.com to see if its going to be what I need.

You may own many camera bodies in your lifetime but if you always buy the best you can afford in lenses they will serve you for well for years.