Life is fragile. RIP

Myth

I wanted to make this thread to take a moment for everyone to reflect. Life is fragile. You probably don't think about it when you're at school or wherever you are, how every single human being is going to eventually die at some point. (Well, if you're like me then you do).

On Monday night, my city lost a beautiful, beautiful soul. She was one of the most beautiful girls I knew. Her name was Rachel and she was the happiest person you had ever seen. (Her last name was Smylie too -- ironically).

After hearing the news that she had gotten in a serious car crash in Africa on a foreign exchange trip I was shocked by the news..

Life is so fragile. You never ever know when someone is going to go and when they do you just wish you could bring them back to hug them and tell them how beautiful and amazing they are.

Everyone is so beautiful and amazing and we really take it for granted how beautiful life is. I've spent so much time these past few years hating down on myself and on my school and everyone at my school and after this incredibly young girl was taken from us, i've just been walking down the hallways now realizing how fragile life is. We spend so much time on MyVMK (especially the forums) arguing and debating and honestly it all is pointless. Life is meant to be beautiful and everyone deserves to live happily and peacefully. We all need to relax and be friends and lose any negative association you've ever had with anyone and just be nice.

If you've lost someone recently, my heart really goes out to you. I've lost a few in my short lifetime and the feeling is indescribable.

In this thread, if you've lost someone or know someone who has gone recently and want to share your experiences or stories about them, feel free to. We are open and many members on here are loving and would like to hear what you've got to say (as am I).

Rest In Peace, Rachel. I'm sure you're smiling down on us.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Rachel is a soul that will always be remembered by the many people in her life I'm sure she's touched. She looked like such a vibrant and special person. My heart is filled with sadness after reading this and my thoughts and prayers are with her family. Heaven has another smylie-ing angel now. ❤

We spend so much time on MyVMK (especially the forums) arguing and debating and honestly it all is pointless. Life is meant to be beautiful and everyone deserves to live happily and peacefully. We all need to relax and be friends and lose any negative association you've ever had with anyone and just be nice.
Words to live by. My exact thoughts when I scroll through all the unpleasantness everyday /:

I'm sorry Zac. I know how badly it hurts to lose someone important to you whether it's family or friend. Nobody should have to go through the pain of losing a loved one. Just know she's looking down on you from where she is with a "smyle" on her face! :halcyon:

I'm very sorry for your loss, she seems like a marvelous human being and I'm sure she will be missed by all she's touched. RIP.

I'll be checking this thread often. So to all future posts, I will keep you in my thoughts and I hope you find solace. :halcyon:

I never got to meet my grandparents. They died before I was born, or when I was one. Everyone at school talks about how they're going to their grandma's house, or how they make the best cookies. I never got to experience that, and I never will be able to. It was a while ago when they died, not "recently", but this thread made me remember my grandparents. May they smile forever in heaven, along with Rachel.

Surreal

Thank you for writing this Myth, it's really going to open the eyes of many. I know it opened mine a bit! I'm so sorry for your loss. It's a shame to see people so young go so fast :(

This is my old friend Carly. She was put into a coma by a terrible car accident caused by an oncoming driver texting and driving. She passed away a few days later. She was the happiest, funniest, most adventurous girl I knew. Always in my heart.

Sorry the picture is so big. RIP Carly. <3

Myth

This is my old friend Carly. She was put into a coma by a terrible car accident caused by an oncoming driver texting and driving. She passed away a few days later. She was the happiest, funniest, most adventurous girl I knew. Always in my heart.

Sorry the picture is so big. RIP Carly. <3
Wow, she was so beautiful. I'm so sorry :'(

Fotogirl

You are right Myth life is extremely fragile. I'm so sorry for your loss. Each and every person is unique and special in their own way. What you said was beautifully written.
Having lost my dad in an automobile accident when he was only 49 years old I know first hand what its like to lose someone so quickly and unexpectedly. Its not easy and it does change how we look at life. Its been quite a few years since he passed but he is still with me in my heart and my memories.
Then a few years ago I was faced with yet another circumstance that had a profound effect on my life. My whole entire outlook on life changed. I lost my nephew to a sniper bullet in Afghanistan. It was a senseless loss and totally changed how I see and live life. I no longer worry or get overly stressed over things I have no control over, nor do I put a whole lot of effort into material (or virtual) possessions. Its just stuff. I have learned to appreciate the little things in life. I know it sounds cliche but the sunrises and sunsets, the flowers poking thru the ground in the spring, the quiet stillness of standing outside in the dark when its snowing, spending time with family and friends and all those things that cannot be purchased is where I find joy. My greatest wish in life is for people to find joy in the little things, to find happiness in each other, and for everyone to understand that we are all in this together and we need to be there for one another and a little less absorbed in our own world.

God bless you Myth in your journey of healing in the loss of your friend.

I am so sorry, Myth. May she rest in peace. She is in a better place now and would more than likely love to see you smiling, not frowning. Hugs.

Czarcasm

dam thats crazy
That's terrible, especially to be so young. She was so pretty and sounded like a great person. I haven't lost many people close to me during my life time (thankfully), but about 2 years ago one of my friends little sister died in a car crash at 13, my friend was in the crash too but thankfully her and her father survived it. Also, one of my brothers best friends girlfriends died at 17 (I never exactly knew how, some kind of poisoning I think). It's crazy, definitely gives you something to think about. Maybe change your outlook on a lot of things you may take for granted. Thanks for this post though, Myth!

Thanks Myth for this post. It's nice to be reminded of this occasionally as we do tend to be so self centered and focused on petty nonsense. I would like to take the time to post something about someone I know who has passed away both recently and unannounced.

This is Hallie, she graduated high school with me almost three years ago, and although we were never close friends, she has always inspired me from afar. She went to school on full scholarship, took all AP classes, and graduated as one of the top in our class. Over all she was one of the brightest people I've ever met, in her brain and in her heart. She was so quirky and hilarious and there wasn't a frown in the room whenever she was in it. She stood up to her bullies all throughout high school and helped others carry their own crosses so to speak.

She went onto college to study engineering and suddenly one day decided to take her own life. We all know suicide is never the answer, but I am an open mind and can completely understand why people do it. I just want her to know that she will be remembered even by people who she probably thought didn't know she existed. Deus Providebit.

Rip.

Elle

Thank you for this, Myth.
RIP to all the beautiful souls in this thread mentioned who have lost their lives in some way or another.

I'd like to mention my own cousin, Taisha.

(that is her daughter, this photo is a year or so old)

Though I don't really want to, i'm going to put a spoiler with the details of her death, because some may complain that it is too "gruesome" or something.

While I did not know my cousin too well, we're only a couple days apart and she was a wonderful mother to her only daughter. Everyone in my family adored her and everyone felt the pain when her life was taken from her and from us.

Sadly, my cousin was murdered by a jealous man in Puerto Rico. She was supposed to come to Orlando to live a better life with my uncle, but her mother insisted on her staying. She had been alone in the house with her daughter sleeping in her grandmother's room, and the man came in and tried to rape her but my cousin fought back and was killed in the end. The man was found a day later and in court, and I think what made us more than shocked and hurt than we already were, was the fact that he had stated Taisha never yelled once (and we believe this is because she did not want to wake up her daughter, afraid he would find her in the grandmothers room), and he later tried to look into Taisha's daughter's room to also take her life as well, but couldn't find her and left the scene.

While we still grieve, I think it's important to remember the good qualities and the happier times of those gone. I have never had to deal with a family member passing away (at least none of who I knew of) until now. I pray that Taisha is up in Heaven right now with the rest of those mentioned here, smiling as they are in those photos.
RIP.

Last edited:

bobsbestgame

I agree with you 100% life is far too fragile to be hating someone. My sister was taken from me in a freak accident back in 2005, my being 10 her being just 12. She was my best friend, my rock, my foundation, my life. For her last words to me being "I hate you"... I've learned not to hold grudges, to love everyone, and to live life like it's that last time I'll see someone. Never end an argument mad or sad. Never go to bed angry. It's a hard life lesson to have learned.

Thank you for this, Myth.
RIP to all the beautiful souls in this thread mentioned who have lost their lives in some way or another.

I'd like to mention my own cousin, Taisha.

(that is her daughter, this photo is a year or so old)

Though I don't really want to, i'm going to put a spoiler with the details of her death, because some may complain that it is too "gruesome" or something.

While I did not know my cousin too well, we're only a couple days apart and she was a wonderful mother to her only daughter. Everyone in my family adored her and everyone felt the pain when her life was taken from her and from us.

Sadly, my cousin was murdered by a jealous man in Puerto Rico. She was supposed to come to Orlando to live a better life with my uncle, but her mother insisted on her staying. She had been alone in the house with her daughter sleeping in her grandmother's room, and the man came in and tried to rape her but my cousin fought back and was killed in the end. The man was found a day later and in court, and I think what made us more than shocked and hurt than we already were, was the fact that he had stated Taisha never yelled once (and we believe this is because she did not want to wake up her daughter, afraid he would find her in the grandmothers room), and he later tried to look into Taisha's daughter's room to also take her life as well, but couldn't find her and left the scene.

While we still grieve, I think it's important to remember the good qualities and the happier times of those gone. I have never had to deal with a family member passing away (at least none of who I knew of) until now. I pray that Taisha is up in Heaven right now with the rest of those mentioned here, smiling as they are in those photos.
RIP.
That is such a tragic story, I am so sorry for your loss.
May she rest in peace. <3