Media Bias

Monorail

Just want to say that that article contains multiple blatant lies:

(the total number of cancellations is over 5 million and counting, but hey, maybe they just "forgot" to put in another zero. likely it was an "accident" -cough-)

----------

But see, did conservatives deserve discredit over something they rarely, if ever, commented about?

The democrats have been defending Ms. Clinton and saying things that are at best horribly misinformed after being proven to be wrong about this incident since it happened, and they won't stop. It's like the boy who cried wolf. They keep crying "accident" and "nothing bad happened" and you and I both admit nobody really knows because they block all investigation attempts at it. That doesn't deserve discrediting?

Did they deserve discrediting? Maybe, again, I can't be sure.

But on the news? No, they didn't. I don't need their opinion on what's going on.

When people hear something they agree with from a network, they begin to rely on the network to think for them. Benghazi was a good example. Sure, it was a humongous blunder for the Democratic Party. And when Fox News reports it like that, it strengthens peoples trust in Fox News for opinions, not facts.

Watching fox news is the equivalent of watching fan service episode of My Little Pony for conservatives. It's so pandering it's basically unwatchable, even if I might agree on a subject. I stopped watching Stossel because at this point, I'd be watching it to self-indulge rather than actually expand my mind.

allison

You could say it is, you could say it's to appeal to an audience.

Would you say an MSNBC reporter asking former Democratic Congressman Weiner "What's wrong with you?" at the beginning of an interview pushing a leftist agenda?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/what-wrong-you-weiner-answers-o

I have never, EVER seen a Fox News reporter berate any Republican congressman.

It's sensationalism. They are appealing to an audience first, not pushing an agenda.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4571334

Sure, chris Christie is a republican governor, not congressman, but same exact concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

----------

Watching fox news is the equivalent of watching fan service episode of My Little Pony. It's so pandering it's basically unwatchable, even if I might agree on a subject. I stopped watching Stossel because at this point, I'd be watching it to self-indulge rather than actually expand my mind.

Oh look, the same way I feel about MSNBC

Monorail

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4571334

Sure, chris Christie is a republican governor, not congressman, but same exact concept.

----------

It wasn't reported that way, it ways in the article that in Fox News channel, it was only reported on for 15 minutes. This remark about Christie was made off Fox News' record. This isn't even on their website, but Huffington Post.

The article even has a another Fox News host disagreeing with his point of view.

allison

It wasn't reported that way, it ways in the article that in Fox News channel, it was only reported on for 15 minutes. This remark about Christie was made off Fox News' record. This isn't even on their website, but Huffington Post.

The article even has a another Fox News host disagreeing with his point of view.

Um, there is a video attached of the clip that shows him saying it on live television. Did you watch the video?

Monorail

Um, there is a video attached of the clip that shows him saying it on live television. Did you watch the video?

Oh I didn't see it. Lemme get on my computer, hang on.
[MENTION=357]allison[/MENTION] Okay, I watched it, my bad. Yeah, he is actually coming out and saying that it is. I really applaud him for that.

But he is literally disagreeing with the network. I mean the headline right under his face clearly labels this a distraction until halfway through his opinion.

Idk, I'm still thoroughly convinced that Fox News' main objective is to further the Republican Party.

Last edited:

No you don't... You'd feel that about Fox. I'm relatively conservative (Libertarian, which Fox has a few of). Fox annoys me precisely because they are pandering to my views. The lack of an opposing view gives me nothing to think about, which defeats the point of watching an analysis to me.

allison

No you don't... You'd feel that about Fox. I'm relatively conservative (Libertarian, which Fox has a few of). Fox annoys me precisely because they are pandering to my views. The lack of an opposing view gives me nothing to think about, which defeats the point of watching an analysis to me.

But for MSNBC, it is all leftist propaganda, pretty much. You don't need much research to figure that one out.

But for MSNBC, it is all leftist propaganda, pretty much. You don't need much research to figure that one out.

You're missing my point. I don't like listening to pandering news. If I was a hard core modern liberal, I'd hate MSNBC for the same reason I don't like Fox and shows like Stossel.

Whispered

You're missing my point. I don't like listening to pandering news. If I was a hard core modern liberal, I'd hate MSNBC for the same reason I don't like Fox and shows like Stossel.
I think he's trying to say that he likes watching news with opposing views - no matter how biased they are. Since Fox's bias happens to be in line with his own views, he does not enjoy viewing this frequency of the television cable transmission.

On a meandering note, i enjoy NPR the most.
But oddly, and um again, i agree with Jedi. I'm a hardcore liberal and i agree that i don't watch much of MSNBC besides rachel maddow here and there (she's pretty hot). I agree with a majority of her views so watching her confirms what i already think and doesn't give me much of an argument to see.