mmk opening

so personally i think mmk should open asap, lets not let the community get into the thousands before it opens like ovmk did, this way release or give a code out just for day 1ers so we can get rares out and the economy started =] plus this will weed out all the people that are just switching to mmk bc ovmk finally closed for good

The_Jedi_Master said:
I believe we still need a poll run on how the Day 1 pin will be handled, so I don't think we're quite ready yet.
not even that.. its just like i feel theres gonna be alot of people jumpin in on here just bc ovmk closed.. so its like reward the people that stuck with amy from the minute we could have gotten on this forum u know?

Eh. I don't care. If they wanted to wait, they can. They missed out on getting to meet people quicker and voicing their opinion on certain things. I don't really care either, some people simply didn't hate social media. I doubt my sister even knows about this site.

I like the idea of starting with a smaller group... (and, I'll admit it, playing sooner...) but then again, if things in the game/code are rushed just to open sooner, it could end up being more buggy than just if the server was overloaded, couldn't it?

Krista

Honestly, I would love to be playing the game right now. If thats possible, id hope they would put the game up. But if its not possible, I understand.

I feel like oVMK was like a tease... play for a week then close. And now, it just makes me wanna play MMK even more. I trust that the team will put the game up as soon as its even moderately stable.

OVMK was a large tease, but I have confidence that MMK will be fantastic. After working with OVMK in 2011/12, I wasn't so sure that OVMK would ever open, but then Amy must have done some RIDICULOUS amounts of work because the game was 2500% better when she joined

Krista

MrBrandon said:
OVMK was a large tease, but I have confidence that MMK will be fantastic. After working with OVMK in 2011/12, I wasn't so sure that OVMK would ever open, but then Amy must have done some RIDICULOUS amounts of work because the game was 2500% better when she joined
She did do A LOT. Thats why I am so confident with her finally in charge . I dont think shes going anywhere.

People seem very concerned with getting "rares" right away. You have to understand, nothing is ever "rare" in the beginning of a game, only over time. If the creators wanted they could make Stitch a 25 credit buyable for the rest of the game's life cycle.

Let's concern ourselves with providing the team with breathing room to create a good game rather then concern ourselves with being the "cool rich kids" for a minute. Greed is why OVMK isn't open. Remember that.

StephaniePea

Tru Pea, Real Pea.
I honestly don't think it's a big deal if people join mmk because ovmk closes, because really most people who would migrate over here probably have no idea what even happened lol. if you weren't on the forums that day it closed, you have no idea what's going on most likely lol. I don't think people should be penalized just because they possibly didn't know about mmk or was waiting for some information from ovmk.

illusionistic said:
People seem very concerned with getting "rares" right away. You have to understand, nothing is ever "rare" in the beginning of a game, only over time. If the creators wanted they could make Stitch a 25 credit buyable for the rest of the game's life cycle.

Let's concern ourselves with providing the team with breathing room to create a good game rather then concern ourselves with being the "cool rich kids" for a minute. Greed is why OVMK isn't open. Remember that.
Preach it Ill!

Chanclyn

I think we all need to sit back anc relax and let Amy take her time in getting this up and running for all of us... This way she can have most things open, and then there won't be complaints about this is open and that isn't open yet...

illusionistic said:

I agree. I think what I want most are items that were rare in VMK that I could never get my hands on, even though chances are the will not be rare here. I'm just excited at the chance of having things that I was never able to before if that makes sense.

Do you know what kind of flower I am?
[attachment=0:10vyrvr0]image.jpg[/attachment:10vyrvr0]
Impatiens... I am an Impatient flower!
MMK needs to open soon :O all this talk on the forums is getting me super excited to play!