More info on that "void room" glitch...(Haunted Mansion Breaks)

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Okay, so I've found a few more bits of information about that void room glitch with the Monorail Music Mixer.
I'm only calling it the void room glitch because
a)It seems to do weird things to the room loader after it occurs (sometimes)
and b) I don't know what else to call it.

1. Any room (public or guest) can be loaded in the background of the music mixer. Meaning, you can use the Monorail Music Mixer while in appearing to be in Shrunken Ned's Shop.
  2. Exiting during the void room glitch will always exit player into Street Party Music Game Lobby instead of the monorail train.
  3. Activating the void room glitch by attempting to load a room with a queue will cause buttons on the mixer to disappear until the player sits through the queue (see below spoiler). This means that if the player activated the void room glitch in a long queue, the only way to get out of both the music mixer and the queue is to close the client and log back into the game.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Void Room with Fireworks (READ THIS. It breaks spectacularly)

Achieving void room in Fireworks (using the method for Monorail Music Mixer) causes this to happen

Attempting to void room using other methods, cause a multitude of things to happen...
  1. It sorta just.. freaks out.. This was the screen loaded immediately after entering the game. It actually rapidly switched levels about 2 times before settling on this one.
  2. The level results don't go away no matter what room you enter. The only way to get rid of them, is to re-log.

After this, Music Mixer cannot be loaded. I think it assumes you're still playing Fireworks, so it doesn't know what to do...
    On the other hand, Jungle Cruise loads!

Well.. that is, before it crashes spectacularly...

In that case, the game got stuck and the first fraction of a second of the motor sound got stuck in a loop. I'm not able to fully exit JC either...

Also, I entered Lost Safari Party and this happened...

I'm able to load other rooms (public and guest), but all that happens is it loads the room image

Eventually, I did manage to gain full control of my character.

The obvious choice, attempt to initiate the void room glitch again. This negated the glitch, but the JC interface would not go away. Ever.

EVER.

Re-initiating the glitch after negating it caused the character menu to open. I don't even know why.

After that, the bottom bar disappeared, but I was stuck with everything else.

After a while, I was forced to re-log as I couldn't really do anything.
    All in all, this glitch was rather hilarious.
  3. If the glitch with the level results doesn't occur, no assets or player entities will ever load correctly, if at all.

Ever. Not even (some) NPCs.

I did get JC to load though! Well. His head loaded. I had to re-log at this point.
  4. Playing through a game of Fireworks with the void room glitch on has some weird effects.
    First of all, it can't figure out where to start and stop rounds. What it does, is a round will appear to start, and fireworks will begin, but a few seconds later it restarts the round. It also has a tendency to randomly end the round, and if it is on the last round, it will end the level mere seconds into a round. It also has a hard time figuring out what your actual score is, flashing between multiple numbers. In addition to that, on the end level results screen, the player currently playing is the only player shown regardless of how many players are currently in the game.

Obviously those last few glitches are hard to show through pictures, but one of the results of it I am sort of able to capture. I'm calling it the infinite flawless glitch.

Basically what happens is, fireworks get stuck/ghosted on the screen allowing a user to spam click the firework, showing the particles and the "Flawless!" text. Now, as this is a ghosted firework, it does NOT count towards the players overall score. It is a useless firework, that can be continuously clicked on both in the level results screen, or until the round is over.

Here's an example of the infinite "Flawless!" glitch:
  5. Attempting to load the Adventureland monorail stations caused this to occur. Also visible, is the result of a room loader glitch that causes the background of the Fireworks game to be loaded instead of the loading screen.

So, in total in this image I am...
    • Playing Fireworks
    • Playing Jungle Cruise
    • In the Fireworks Lobby (hence the buttons and the "Waiting for Players", yes the buttons work aside form the play button)
    • In the Monorail Station?
    • In-between rooms on a loading screen
    All at the same time. Eventually, I was placed fully into the Fireworks lobby but the audio for the Forbidden Temple was playing.

Actually, at this point, the Jungle Cruise interface started working and I was able to take pictures of any room using the Jungle Cruise camera (it even shows in the top bar) until I ran out of film.

The "VMK Pass" option for room queues vanished as well.

At this point, I was forced to re-log, as the functioning JC interface was not allowing me to do anything inside of rooms.
I haven't yet found a way to use the void room glitch to a players advantage. In the off-chance that I do however, I will NOT be posting instructions of any kind. Any and all glitches that can be used to a players advantage will be relayed directly to Amy, or an administrator.

Last edited:

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Oh glitches like that, at least its not happening randomly and messing you up :P
Exactly. Most people randomly come across common glitches, I hunt out the bigger ones that should never occur in actual gameplay :P

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Void Room with Music Mixer

The void room glitch is possible with Street Party Music Mixer, but the results are underwhelming. You can get to the map, but once you try to enter a new room, it negates the glitch.

Note the missing bottom bar and the exit game button.

The chance of ever pulling this one off even on purpose is so slim due to the speed required to do it, let alone it occurring randomly.

Last edited:

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Void Room Glitch with Haunted Mansion

Void room glitch is possible with Haunted Mansion, with underwhelming results.

Reacts much like the Street Party Music Mixer, only easier to pull off.

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Void Room Glitch with Haunted Mansion

I lied. There are some interesting results, if you combine two void room glitches.

After activating the void room glitch using the Fireworks method, I entered a game of Haunted Mansion. The Fireworks level results window was open.

During the game was even weirder. No player or NPC entities existed, and the game couldn't figure out how on earth to handle two games running at the same time. It glitched out, and even went into round 9 (I got a picture of round 8), as rounds were ending every 15 seconds or so.

As can be seen in the previous image, the "Hurry Up!" warning is persistent as well.

Eventually, towards the end of round 9, the game just sorta. Broke.

Then it gave me a 10 credit reward for playing Castle Fireworks. Technically it wasn't wrong, I was still (according to the server) playing Fireworks ;)

Then it DC'd.

It actually gave me another error after that, but it went away too quickly. I'm not sure if it was just logging incorrectly (and putting log messages into client popups) but it looked like a debug message reading something along the lines of "No connection present" and then a specific connection object which I didn't have time to read.

I plan to do some more testing, more specifically to see if anything weird is going on on the other players end.

EDIT: Void room does not effect other players. Though, the player using the void room glitch is able to move despite no entities being visible on his/her client. Cannot use shift to suck up ghosts.

Last edited:

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
What happens if we stack void room glitches? Lets find out, shall we?

I used the Fireworks method of starting the void room glitch, stacked Jungle Cruise on top of that, and then went into a game of Haunted Mansion.

It then dumped me into the Fireworks lobby.

And broke HM for other players.

The second round worked, but with no ghosts. Also, the user was given random sporadic inputs. So, the player has basically no control.

Round 3 was much like round 2.

The ghosts did appear during Sudden death though.