Music Mixer Feedback

Amy

Head Administrator
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if you could give me your thoughts on how the music mixer is set up! Right now, it gives credits just from playing a song, 10 credits if you're in a room with at least 5 other people, and 30 if you're in a room with at least 15 other people!

This can obviously be changed, one of the ideas I thought you'd like is the song rating system that was used in some other games. How that works is, when you play the song, everyone in the room gets an option to "like" for your song if they like it, or "dislike" it of they don't. Every positive vote will give you extra credits, which would be capped at a certain point. Also, this could be used to add a music mixer highscore board, and maybe even a weekly/monthly prize for the songs with the most positive votes!

Another thought we've had is letting you get one free green key per day from the mixer. The only problem with this is it would encourage a lot of clones.

So, let me know how you feel about these ideas! If you have any that you've came up with or heard someone else say that you liked, please let us know!!

Thank you for helping us improve the game for everyone, and playing the game so this whole thing has a point! :hearts:

Lost

I think the liking songs sounds like a good idea and extra credits would be nice but it might be abused if you have a bunch of friends or even clones in the same room (same with highscores). Not sure how it would be prevented.

As for keys, possibly give a key every 10 or 20 plays with at least 5 people in the room, once per day? Something that requires time but would hopefully stop clones.

There also seems to be a lot of bugs with the queue. Firstly atm it needs to be longer because of the people who enjoy the game. There has also been a lot of cutting going on, and if you walk on the same queue spot as someone else then you can get them stuck and hold up the queue. There is also a problem with using a magic and dancing right before you go onto DJ. You lose your arms and afterwards get stuck and cant move and get no credits.

Another bug (sorry I should use bug reports but Im feeling lazy and this is feedback) is that you cant remix songs. If you try remix a song and make changes, even after you save it and it shows its been changed, if you try play it then it will play the originally saved song. Any saves and changes are ignored unless you remake the song completely.

Also if there is less than 15 people when you start a song but during the song people enter and there is 15+ people when you finish, you only get 10 credits. I feel like this should change.

On a more positive note this is a great update and Im so glad to see this return and a lot of players are having a lot of fun :D

Last edited:

mark

10 mins late to everything
Ill be sure to try it later on today or tomorrow and when i read the Green Key thing thought I was excited but when I read clones, Im like... Oh yeah...

Kinglaser

Would there be a way to do random keys? Like I dunno a generator is spun and the Nth person to go gets a key? That'ss probably complicated I dunno.

SoBlue

Blue Member
To be honest, the credits awarded needs to increase.

As it is now, I have to wait in a line of 5-8 players for 3-4 minutes to finally perform my song, and then make 10 credits.

I could make a lot more clamming in the same time period.

I do like the voting for songs idea / green key a day. Or after a set amount of performances, you'll eventually get a green key, which is similar to the points system of the other mini games.

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if you could give me your thoughts on how the music mixer is set up! Right now, it gives credits just from playing a song, 10 credits if you're in a room with at least 5 other people, and 30 if you're in a room with at least 15 other people!

This can obviously be changed, one of the ideas I thought you'd like is the song rating system that was used in some other games. How that works is, when you play the song, everyone in the room gets an option to "like" for your song if they like it, or "dislike" it of they don't. Every positive vote will give you extra credits, which would be capped at a certain point. Also, this could be used to add a music mixer highscore board, and maybe even a weekly/monthly prize for the songs with the most positive votes!

Another thought we've had is letting you get one free green key per day from the mixer. The only problem with this is it would encourage a lot of clones.

So, let me know how you feel about these ideas! If you have any that you've came up with or heard someone else say that you liked, please let us know!!

Thank you for helping us improve the game for everyone, and playing the game so this whole thing has a point! :hearts:
I like the idea and the green key idea but you're right about the clones... :/

Awesome to have a new game! I like the idea of the voting and I definitely think it should be implemented eventually. As for the keys.. Does seem rather problematic. Maybe after playing 2 or 3 songs you can get your key for the day? That might help. Honestly though, there will always be clones at the end of the day. I also think the credits awarded should be higher. As SoBlue mentioned it's pretty low. Maybe 30 to 50 credits per song? Seems a bit more reasonable to me!

SailorX

Soldier of Love and the Unknown
The likes/dislikes system might work with a high score table, only because I foresee that people wouldn't vote dislike ever for anyone. Personally, I wouldn't want to dislike someone's song and have them get less credits when I want them to like my song so I can get more credits. And if no one voted dislike, then everyone would be getting about the same votes for their songs and a high score board would be pointless. But if there wasn't high scores, then I would love the voting system, just to get some extra green.

That said, I also agree with everyone who said that the credits given should be higher, because I'm pretty sure the original had a higher payout. Maybe, to make it fair, instead of 50 every time, it could be 50 the first time you play each song that day and then 25 for every repeat after that.

Otherwise, I'm so happy with this game! It was one of the first things I looked for when I signed up, and it's great to see it back in the kingdom :D

If you going to raise the credits in the original vmk it was 25 credits and then bonus or playing song for first time . Like/dislike whole thing I think that would be cool Overall I enjoy having it back.

aliceblue

The original set up was 25 credits every 15 minutes equaling 100 credits per hour. You actually have potential to earn more than this per hour by receiving 10 credits per play on MyVMK.
I knew we could go back every 15 minutes! I liked that setup.

I don't think the credits should be based on the number of people in the room. As much as I like hearing everyone's mixes, there are times when I'd rather just move through quickly and get credits.

As for a rating system, that would be fine as long as it's positive ratings only; no "dislikes". A leader board might be fun.

The original set up was 25 credits every 15 minutes equaling 100 credits per hour. You actually have potential to earn more than this per hour by receiving 10 credits per play on MyVMK.
That's true. I'm just keeping in mind the amount of credits I can make with clamming vs. the music game. And with clamming, I don't have to wait in line and listen to every player's performance.

Currently, you can make around 200 credits / hour playing the music game (with 5 people in line). In the same time, I can make 2,400 credits clamming.

At 50 credits per play, and 5 people in line, you'd make close to 1,000/hour.

So 100 credits per play would be 2,000 an hour, which would make more sense (at least in my opinion.)

Last edited:

iTony

Ohana means family.
The Music Mixer is fun, but earlier I tried renaming, and changing a current remix and it wouldn't allow me.
Wasn't much of a problem as I could create a new one.

Desertfreak

Lost Desert team member
Hello everyone!

Hi @Amy I feel like the like/dislike is a great option, I love voting for stuff like America's Got Talent. I feel this will only work if it secretive though, no hurt feelings please :P An idea I have is if you reach a certain amount of votes you get a green key + some credits. I feel like at the end of the week there should be a credit prize, like 5k to the person with the most likes. I'd love any of these ideas to be put into the game :)

I think the songs, if they only have one note, should just stop being played so we can hear people who "wrote" longer jams.

Also, I got no credits for playing in a room by myself. I think 10 would be ok if you are in a room alone, and maybe more like 50 for a room of 5+ (or slightly more). Just a slightly higher credit amount would be nice.

I forgot how much I loved the music mixer!

Is it possible if you can make the marquee show our music and name more than once? I think it was like that in VMK if I'm not mistaken.