My Perspective on Recent Events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
And apology is heart felt. It states what you did wrong. That you know you have issues and are working on them. That you realize your actions were not acceptable. That you are taking steps to fix them in yourself not everyone else. An apology should never ever include what other people did or did not do wrong. It should not include but we have this and that planned. And apology should be all about you and how you and only you are the cause and how you and only you are going to fix it.

Wonder

Not too long later, Z came back, after receiving a text message from one of the staff. I wasn't really sure what to say or do, I'm not good with that kind of confrentation and I'll be the first to admit it (and that's part of the reason I picked Absolem and Kali to be admins). I felt there was enough evidence to keep Z removed until further notice, but I didn't want to fire Z, I wanted to give them another chance.

Z started cursing at me, not a one time thing but she insulted me and cursed at me multiple times. I wasn't sure what to say. Not saying anything to Z was a huge huge mistake and I am sorry to Z, and the other people involved, for that. At this point, the staff who was mentioned earlier, who said they were
how can you blatantly lie and act like we all haven't read the chat logs to know that this is a flat out lie
I've known cricket since the original game. You are a flat out liar and can't admit you were wrong because lisawdw brainwashed you

you're "not good with confrontation" so thats why you hired kali as an admin is absolutely hysterical to me considering

Last edited by a moderator:
And apology is heart felt. It states what you did wrong. That you know you have issues and are working on them. That you realize your actions were not acceptable. That you are taking steps to fix them in yourself not everyone else. An apology should never ever include what other people did or did not do wrong. It should not include but we have this and that planned. And apology should be all about you and how you and only you are the cause and how you and only you are going to fix it.
PREACH IT, BELLE!

Takket

I've played this game since mid-march... and I'm mostly just a mini-game player. I have a few people I've gotten friendly with but I really don't "know" any of the staff. I do the host games, smile and say hello, and move on when its over so more people can get in the room.

I've read both sides of this fiasco and seen a lot of backstabbing, jumping to conclusions and immature behavior on both sides of this fence. None of it is really my business. Like I said I don't personally know any of the staff so despite reading all these logs and explanation posts I don't feel like I'm qualified to be telling anyone who should stay and who should go.

That being said....... I find the use of the C-word particularly appalling. I'm trying to picture how I enter a Kali Host game, and smile and wave and politely thank her for her time running the games when I know behind the cute little red ears I saw such vile hatred for people who are supposed to be her teammates and friends. We all have bad days, on my worst I've never said anything like that to anyone out in the real word, let alone in a Disney-based game. I just can't see myself ever wanting to go into her room. This is my perspective for your information as your "average joe player".

On a personal note... when you talk about not liking confrontation... I totally get it. I'm a 37 year old HVAC engineer. When I was younger all I wanted to do was sit at my desk and if I screwed something up I wanted to just avoid talking about it until it went away. I'm not criticizing you, I'm empathizing. Some of the things you've said make me think you think the same way I did then. But eventually I was forced out of my shell, and I've had to take some lumps when there was no way around admitting I screwed up. You are certainly taking your lumps over this.

I guess if I was in your shoes, I'd ask myself, "am I enjoying overseeing this staff, or is this just stressing me out?" Would you be happier just focusing on the technical aspects of this game? Maybe its time to think about appointing someone to be sort of the "prime minister" of the game to manage these day to day affairs. Confrontation is inevitable again in the future and there is no shame in wanting to delegate tasks to others. After all this is just a game. This is NOT a criticism of you as a person. I am empathizing because I've been through this kind of stuff. I believe in Keirsey typing (google it if you are not familiar) and everyone has a different way of addressing conflict in their lives. It is just the way we are. You have to find the best way for you to address this in the future or history will repeat itself.

haboom3

Asada Shino
I
I guess if I was in your shoes, I'd ask myself, "am I enjoying overseeing this staff, or is this just stressing me out?" Would you be happier just focusing on the technical aspects of this game? Maybe its time to think about appointing someone to be sort of the "prime minister" of the game to manage these day to day affairs. Confrontation is inevitable again in the future and there is no shame in wanting to delegate tasks to others.
This. 1000x this!

CAN I JUST ASK WHY HASN'T ANYTHING BEEN DONE. I KNOW SOME STAFF POSTED (EITHER AMY OR GRIZZ I DONT REMEMBER, PROBABLY GRIZZ) SAID THAT STAFF DOESN'T/DOES SOMETHING BECAUSE WE DON'T LIKE IT, SO THEY DONT LIKE IT AND BECAUSE THEY WANTED US HAPPY.

OK SO WE DON'T REALLY LIKE KALI, WHY DON'T YOU GUYS (STAFF) DO SOMETHING ABOUT KALI. AWESOME SHE APOLOGIZED, AWESOME AMY APOLOGIZED AWESOME KALI GOT PROMOTED, BUT THOSE ARE NOT ENOUGH. WHAT HAPPEN TO WHAT GRIZZ SAID? ABOUT STAFF DOING SOMETHING TO KEEP US HAPPY. WELL WE'RE NOT HAPPY????

I'M SORRY IF ANYTHING IS OFFENDING OR RUDE BUT I'M JUST SPEAKING MY MIND OTHER THAN ME SAYING I'M QUITTING OR AGREEING WITH PEOPLE'S QUOTES.
THIS IS REALLY MAKING ME MAD THAT STAFF DOES NOT GO BY THEIR WORDS.

IF YOU GUYS REALLY CARED ABOUT OUR HAPPINESS, THEN DO SO INSTEAD OF APOLOGIZING. THANKS.

EDIT: IT'S SO SIMPLE HONESTLY. EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY???? MAYBE.

Last edited:

Lost

This thread had me laughing. So many posts on point.

@Dep - A lot of people feel like Kali's apology was pretty fake. Even if it wasn't, it was a backhanded apology "I'm sorry I got caught" "I'm sorry staff released things when they promised not to" "I'm sorry that you feel this way but your opinions don't matter because I'm in charge now" was a basic gist of it.

The players don't have a voice clearly. The whole other thread has been ignored. The staff are unwilling to answer anything on there.

I tried guys. I will probably keep trying but I tried to be mature in (most) my posts and open peoples eyes and make a change but it seems like Amy has been drinking the Kool-aid.

The funny thing is I thought Lisa was nice before she was staff, I saw the power go to her head, I saw the abuse of power and I saw some but not all of the things done. It's sad that after all that she is an admin on this game.

The staff replies have been laughable.

idk that I have much of a real opinion on this given that I don't even play anymore... but since the day I learned to talk and screw things up my dad has told me "Sorry doesn't mean anything. Instead, make the changes to keep it from happening again." so I'm gonna leave that here for you guys and go do my real life stuff

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.