My Perspective on Recent Events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the definition of TRUST that I agree with. Is there another definition that I'm unaware of??

trust
trəst/
noun
  1. 1.
    firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
    "relations have to be built on trust"
[DOUBLEPOST=1431011869][/DOUBLEPOST]
She's proved herself to be trustworthy to me. Sure, she said some bad things, but she regrets saying them, and everyone makes mistakes. I promise pretty much everyone who is criticising her right now has said worse.

Am I missing something Amy? Please explain to whom you are referring and on what basis you have formed this opinion by stating ..I promise pretty much everyone who is criticising her right now has said worse... REALLY? Is THAT justification? Wow, Birds of a feather.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431012236][/DOUBLEPOST]
Here is the definition of TRUST that I agree with. Is there another definition that I'm unaware of??

trust
trəst/
noun
  1. 1.
    firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431011869][/DOUBLEPOST]
Of course, I'm sure my definition of PROMISE is more than likely different as well.

Last edited:

Guitar

trust
trəst/
noun
  1. 1.
[DOUBLEPOST=1431011869][/DOUBLEPOST][DOUBLEPOST=1431012236][/DOUBLEPOST]

Of course, I'm sure my definition of PROMISE is more than likely different as well.
They're probably going off of what's said on Urban Dictionary instead of what you posted.

†_Beast_†

l'antico vampiro
I don’t know all the facts, as I tend to stray away from any insignificant dramatized acts when related to the internet/other parts of life with people in general. I think most individuals want hear a blunt truth, without ___ (we’ll call it flim-flam for forum sake) attached to it. On the same token, people shouldn’t jump on a bandwagon just because they don’t like hearing certain naysay information. Sure, every individual desires to have their voice heard and I do not know the people in question online, (this Abs and Kali) but honestly I’m not certain it helps to have yet another name (various re-staffing names) “hidden” behind a computer screen when a question arises such as “who are all these people”(?)…It makes me wonder if it’s not simply a repeat of the same individuals, all showing signs of idiosyncrasy. Nobody can expect this woman (Amy) to code a game and then run a community of 1 to 5 thousand individuals (forum estimating – probably a heck of a lot less who actually play etc.) As any community, you play games for fun, do you not? Should you really care about who has more “firewalls” or more “clocks”, why should anyone get upset about this, I don’t understand that. Maybe they worked for it, maybe they didn’t. If you want something go out and get it, don’t be angry if something is handed to another, that’s life. Trials and tribulations are all a part of life. The point is, elation comes from inside and not from the internet or one’s external wealth off a computer. If playing a mere game is no longer fun for you, don’t do it. Step away from it momentarily if needed.

There are two very simple things to be understood here:

1. For Admin/Staff – While you technically owe nothing for your time (sometimes I wonder how you get the time in a “24 Hour” day) while working “for free”, consensus is always important to consider and cutting through this shroud of ___ ,(you know what) by being blunt with people (personally I think it’s silly that everyone has to talk to one another like you would to a child on here – I’ve mentioned this before. If you want a community to be mature, let them speak as mature, honest adults). Not everyone will like it but at least you’re being open and sincere. That’s easy to respect (be blunt and forthcoming to others). You don’t have to be an enigma or a politician on here, despite what you may think government generally believes in a “community” atmosphere. The theorizer whom thinks (what they don’t know won’t hurt them) cannot suffice, especially in a smaller community.

2. For Players- Stop bricking over trivial matters (when Disney closed the original game, who honestly believed it would be used again?) More often than not, you’ll find that many individuals never really deliberated within themselves about being able to play it again in the first place (probably due to it being copyrighted by Disney, in so many words.) As it being a fan-based game, run by fans with “time” and (hopefully) patience to do so, keep in mind that some individuals don’t have the necessary skill-sets to efficiently do a non-paying, time consuming “job” on here. Most people would respectfully decline any offer to admin a game or forum without compensation and the proper allotted time. If (Amy) is insolvent to said “admins” in question now, then let her revise this situation on her own.

My two cents ~ I’m not taking the side of players hurt or admin defending themselves, I am merely speaking bilaterally. Perhaps Amy will read my input, perhaps not but disregarding her ability in question to make sound judgments when it comes to “staffing”; keep in mind that her original intentions (the game itself) are pure, even if she becomes misguided from time to time from those around her that claim to be "real" friends. My suggestion to you Amy, because of the way human beings are, if it not enough to place assurances into those you cannot see or speak to. The difference with staffing a game in reality, those individuals work together in person more often than not. It makes people more accountable for their actions. I’m not saying you have to undertake a building, then staffing the building etc. for the game since you cannot charge for the game (Disney) lol. What I am saying is that if current avenues for trust aren’t working online for you, you should explore other possible means to attain said trust in question.

Supported you @Amy, though the OVMK days, and now too. Trying to build and run anything purely with volunteers can be a daunting task already. When it involves technology like this, it is even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.