MyVMK: appeal fraction(s)

Gnome

Hello, Please note that this a higher level of dealing with players that misbehave and is only an IDEA.

Offense(s) Points
There would be like 10 "points" total. 10 being.. Permanently banned (chance of unban with successful appeal, last chance for accounts life.) 7 being "Danger Zone" 4 being "Medium", 2 points on your account would be "low" and no offenses being "SAFE!"
Could be something like..
A ban = 8-10 points
A mute = 2-4 points
Which all adds up in the end even with denied and accepted appeals.

"Offenses Page" & infraction points
A new page added to main website after logging into the desired account, maybe "Account management" then a Dropbox "offenses page" all of your offenses that you've done would show up here and letting you know if any offenses that you've tried to appeal for get accepted / denied. There would be a type of system set up, kind of like points on your license, except in this case.. Points on your account.

BANNED OFFENSES (appeal)
As the game gets better developed, more players join, etc.. Of course there's gonna be bans / "infractions" to the account that committed the offense(s). Maybe down the road on the main website, you'll be able to login (even if banned) and have maybe 1-2 chances per an offense to appeal the ban/"infraction". There would be a box for your explanation which would than be submitted to..whomever, and they will review it, once they've successfully reviewed the appeal it would say on your offenses page if it has been either ACCEPTED or DENIED. If accepted account would be unbanned for another chance at the game or if denied account remains banned. I believe to set this up another separate team from Staff would review the appeals from players and make their decisions then.

IPBANNED OFFENSE(S)
If an IPban was placed it would NOT be appeal-able in any way, shape or form. Player would be ip banned from playing the game. Of course this option, Amy would be the only one who would be allowed to take this kind of action.

MUTE OFFENSES (appeal)
If a player commits an incident that isn't as high as an incident that would get you banned, staff could have the option of "muting" a player for either permanently or for a shorter period of time (24-48 hours) offense would get noted on the "Offenses Page".

All feedback is appreciated! :)

Jasmine

I think it's a very well thought idea, but I also agree that's something the actual staff members should handle. I see no problem with you suggesting it, though a PM or using 'Contact Us' probably would have been a better idea...

I really like the "Offenses Page" idea :P.

Gnome

I think it's a very well thought idea, but I also agree that's something the actual staff members should handle. I see no problem with you suggesting it, though a PM or using 'Contact Us' probably would have been a better idea...

I really like the "Offenses Page" idea :P.
Jess,
Thanks for the feedback :).

Fiyero

This was a good suggestion and if I'm not mistaken, I believe I've already heard about them having a system like this, minus the offenses page and extra moderators. Personally, I don't think their needs to be a whole seperate staff team just for appeals. That should be done under the normal VMK_ staff as needed. I do not think it will ever come to a point where a few staff members need to sit around answering appeals all day, and I would feel really bad for whoever drew the short stick and had to do that.