MyVMK Community Demographic

What Age Group Do You Currently Fall Under?

• 12 and under

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • 13-17

Votes: 96 24.9%
  • 18-21

Votes: 190 49.2%
  • 22-30

Votes: 26 6.7%
  • 31-35

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • 36-45

Votes: 21 5.4%
  • 46 and up

Votes: 41 10.6%

• Total voters
I never personally said just having your age is going to get you put in serious danger. But it IS information. If you post more than just your age, for example, your age in one post, your picture in another, maybe you posted about that new job you just got (or maybe you posted about a landmark that's located around where you live). You don't know who's on the other side of the computer screen. Anyone from anywhere can be looking at anything you post. There are some pretty crazy people in this world, someone can see a picture of you and be like "whoah. I like that girl (or guy. hay, i don't discriminate). Let's find any information of hers she gave out, do some searching, and keep an eye on her." There are people who keep watch on others over the internet for years before (if) anything happens. People are craycray.
I guess you didn't even read the thread -- it's about age.
They were getting their panties in a bunch because people were revealing their age.
So yeah you called me narrow minded for nothing cus they were getting ************ about age not actual personal info.

~~thnx~~

Megara

no sleep club
I guess you didn't even read the thread -- it's about age.
They were getting their panties in a bunch because people were revealing their age.
So yeah you called me narrow minded for nothing cus they were getting ************ about age not actual personal info.

~~thnx~~
Well I did read some posts in this thread regarding personal information in general, even though the OP was regarding age. I'm not going to try to prove a point to you, you'd probably try and find some way to disagree with it. Let's just leave the conversation here, since it seems like it's not really going anywhere grand anyway.

Okay I think that this thread should just be deleted, it's causing an opinion war. Nothing that you guys are saying is true, it's more of an opinion. If I was a forum moderator I'd close the thread right now.

Guys if you disagree you're narrow minded okay.
If you don't agree with the adults who know everything then you are stupid and gullible and very narrow minded okay.
Don't reveal your age pls you will end up dead ty
ty
Us kids need to listen ty

Allons-y

dog enthusiast and future imagineer
Guys if you disagree you're narrow minded okay.
If you don't agree with the adults who know everything then you are stupid and gullible and very narrow minded okay.
Don't reveal your age pls you will end up dead ty
ty
Us kids need to listen ty
im pretty sure youre the one getting your panties in a bunch here

MagicChrome

Okay I think that this thread should just be deleted, it's causing an opinion war. Nothing that you guys are saying is true, it's more of an opinion. If I was a forum moderator I'd close the thread right now.

Notice how you're not a forum moderator.

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I am sad the attitude this thread has taken. How come every Disney related board/forum I belong to never allows threads to get this divisive. I am sad because the OP originally requested that ages be not share. This was promptly ignored. BY the have "can not see why". And it was down hill from there.

I am sad because I think we should be building up a community not tearing it down. It became me me me I,I,I,. If the people had just respect the op post this thread would never had gotten so bad.

I am sad because I really like a lot of players in the game. But if this is all I knew of VMK from what I am reading I would have no interested in this game.

I am not sure how we fix the divide in this group. I do know I was not much different than a lot of the 15 -21 year old here. It was not till I became a parent that my focus and views changed.

I just know that on any "mature" disney site a thread like this would be deleted. That no mod has even said anything. Now many are making fun of what people really think is a serious issue.

And I am sad because somehow I feel no matter what I post or how I post it is always put down some way. This is my last post on this issue. I am sad because this is not a very welcoming place.

Many know I really care about people I try to think about others. If I cross the line I say sorry. Or I did not mean it that way.We all can get frustrated. It is what we do with it. I try and work things out. To be honest I feel really welcomed in the game even from the first day.

Here on the forum I do not. I do not find this to be a very nice place sometimes and takes the joy out of the game for me as well as many of my friends. Alot of my friends are teens. No poster young or old should ever feel this way.

Ranch

Funny how no one started an uproar over that or the "Post A Picture of Yourself, Again." thread though.
It's probably because we just don't care, or we don't have the desire to ruin threads, no matter how absurd they are. We could hit every thread in conflict with the topic if we wanted to.. but we're a little bit more mature than that.

Good job spotting/outting another risk though.. glad to see we're getting through to you.

I dont believe that people are using the correct option at all. Given the behaviour, attitude and tone of most of the people on this forum, I was thinking 10 - 18 years old.

I asked this question yesterday but no one responded. Supporting reasons, and some documentation, have been submitted for the "do not share ages" point of view. I really would like to try to understand the other pov.

"I'm curious as to why anyone wants to publish their age? Why is it so important for other players to know?"

I asked this question yesterday but no one responded. Supporting reasons, and some documentation, have been submitted for the "do not share ages" point of view. I really would like to try to understand the other pov.

"I'm curious as to why anyone wants to publish their age? Why is it so important for other players to know?"

I dont think it matters to staff. In the game, people talk about their age, where they live, what school they attend, call each other by real first names, etc. My sister reported somebody for it and staff responded that it was a false report and warned her about calling for her unnecessarily.