MyVMK Guide to Success!

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa

Welcome to MyVMK Guide to Sucess!
Are you unsure where things are located, and need a good strategy to make credits? Or do you just don't know where to start? This thread provides you all the information you need to know when playing MyVMK -- even if you're from Day One!

Contents:

• How to make credits
  • Introduction to Minigames
  • How item releases work
  • Host events
  • Guide to Rares
  • Staff List (second post)
  • General FAQ (second post)

Although MyVMK is still in early beta, there are multiple ways to earn credits - a large amount of em'!
First and foremost, we have limited options since not all Minigames and NPC's are working yet (they will be soon though.) Below I will list what NPC's you can visit for your daily credits.

• The Yeti
    Given Credits: 25 (50 for first time visit)
  • The Dragon
  • Esmerelda
  • Ned
  • Captain Blackheart
  • Gator Waiter

You can't only rely on your daily income from NPC's, though -- so what are other ways to make an abundance of credits?
...oh, right - MINIGAMES! If you aren't all that familiar with minigames, I will explain them further in-depth later on. For now, I will list below the minigames you can play for credits.

• Jungle Cruise
    Difficulty Level: Intermediate

• Fireworks Remixed
    Difficulty Level: Intermediate

• Shell Minigame
    Difficulty Level: Easy

At first, minigames will be tough to play. But practice makes perfect, right? You just have to get use to the concept and you'll be gaining profit in no time!

Aside from NPC's and Minigames, you can gain credits by selling your items in the furniture tab. Most of the time you won't do this, because certain items (such as rares and super-rares) have more trading value than just selling them.
If you find that you have an excess of items you don't need/want (and have weak trading value), you can sell them.

That pretty much sums up the basics of gaining credits. Let's move on to the next step!

We'll dive right into the core of VMK - minigames. Below I will start with the first game you can play, and how it works.

• Jungle Cruise
    This minigame requires a lot of consistency. You need to be sharp and precise, especially with the recent update on Jungle Cruise. This minigame requires that you take pictures of safari animals when they show up randomly around the room you are cruising in. So what are the approximate scores you can get?

Awesome
    It's rare to see this score -- it is harder to get than Flawless.

Flawless
    To get a Flawless score, you need to place the cross hairs of the camera directly in the middle of the animal and take the picture immediately. You must do this right when the animal pops up, otherwise you'll miss the Flawless.

Good
    You'll usually get this score from side animals (ones that you cannot take a full picture of) or if your cross hairs do not meet the middle of the animal. You also need to be quick when taking the pictures -- you can't wait too long for the perfect shot!

An excellent guide to Jungle Cruise is located here if you want to learn more about this minigame.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next minigame I will briefly explain below.

• Fireworks Remixed
    This minigame requires a lot of consistency as well. You need to be quick and patient. Fireworks Remixed is where you click on fireworks to blow em' up, and there are several stages with a variety of fireworks to deal with. So what are the approximate scores you can get?

Flawless
    To get a Flawless score, you must wait until the firework turns into a white star. When you see the star, click on it immediately, otherwise it will disappear and you'll miss it.

Awesome
    If you click the firework right before it turns into a star, then you will receive this score.

Good
    You'll get this score if you click the fireworks too soon.

An excellent guide to Fireworks Remixed is located here if you want to learn how to better improve your gameplay performance.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The last minigame is elucidated below.

• Shell Minigame
    This minigame is the easiest to play. It doesn't take much strategy and there's really no specific concept to it. When you see a shell on the floor, you can click it and receive credits, or possibly something else...

NOTE: You need to be the first one to click the shell, otherwise someone else will get it.

10 Credits
    This is the default prize you get from each shell you collect.

Well, that's all the minigames you need to know about. Let's move on!

MyVMK releases items almost the same way as the original VMK, as we try to replicate it as much as possible. Usually items are:

• Released weekly
  • Released from host events
  • Released on random days, but distributed when necessary

...or when there is a different special event occurring.

If you were ever curious, super-rares (such as Minnie and Stitch hats) were released from #1 Crates during the month of November. After a lot of varying feedback, crates will no longer produce super-rares.

Host events is what makes VMK fun and unique. But what exactly are these events? What is their purpose in the kingdom?

There are 5 hosts in MyVMK:

• HOST_Bengal
  • HOST_Celluloid
  • HOST_Cherub
  • HOST_Leota
  • HOST_Jasmine

Each one of them hosts their own events which you can find on the Events Calender. The essence of preparing these events is to make every individual player's experience on VMK enjoyable and unforgettable. It brings the kingdom together in fun competitions and races, or even a socializing event for everyone to just sit back and relax. Or, if you're deeply involved in the trading aspect of the game, you only go for the prizes.

Most host events have consolation prizes, or if you win at something, you'll get an even better prize -- this is also another way to get valuable items.

Regardless, Host Events are something every player in the kingdom should participate in, whether it be making new friends while cruising on the Ride-A-Thon or exchanging a few words with the HOSTS themselves.

With that in mind, let's continue to the final step!

What are the hottest items in-game currently? I will show you a list of all the super-rares and rares that have been released thus far.

NOTE: Super-rares have a lot of trading value. Rares do as well, but not as much.

• Princess Minnie Hat
    Released From: #1 Crate
    Rarity: Super-rare

• Blue Stitch Hat

• VMKS Blessed Shoes

• Green Flip-Flops

• Pink Holiday Wreath
    Released From: Host Event
    Rarity: Rare

• Full Gold Edition Set

• Red Stitch Hat (Leroy)

Did you read everything? This is the end of the guide! Well, not really... there's a bit more information you need to read in the second post. After that, be on your way to becoming the envy of the kingdom! good luck c:

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa

If you have any questions or concerns, it's best that you contact one of the users above (preferably a super moderator since admins are busy).

Administrators: The users with the highest authority on the site. They help maintain the forum, and usually make the final decisions.

Super Moderators: These users monitor the entire forum and enforce the rules.

Testers: The users who have access to the private testing server and help assist the staff in testing the game and reporting bugs.

Q: Why did I get a "Internal Server Error" on the forum?
A: This is traffic-related, so it will eventually subside.

Q: Why do I keep getting a black screen when attempting to load the game?
A: Make sure you are updated to the latest version of Shockwave and use a browser that supports the game (Firefox and Chrome work best.)
Otherwise, there is probably a problem at your end, because that issue is not related to the servers. For further assistance, go to this thread.

Q: How long can I be inactive until my account is deleted?
A: At the moment, accounts are not cleared for inactivity.

Q: Is VMK Pal compatible with MyVMK?
A: The original VMK Pal source is not compatible with MyVMK. However, a brand new MyVMK Pal has been released.

For more guidance, feel free to take a look at these threads:

This is a very detailed guide - congrats! Although this has been bugging me for some time - what deems a full gold set? Turnstile, generator, penny press, gold rope? ;o

The guide looks great! I hope it gets a lot of good use from newbies :D

One small thing- an "Awesome" in Jungle Cruise is actually higher points and harder to get than "Flawless". Not that it truly matters, because they're so rare.

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
The guide looks great! I hope it gets a lot of good use from newbies :D

One small thing- an "Awesome" in Jungle Cruise is actually higher points and harder to get than "Flawless". Not that it truly matters, because they're so rare.
Oh, really? Sorry about that, I'll fix it right now. ^^;