[myVMKPal] The easy way to play!

What should we add next?

• Customizable Interface

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • Video Recording

Votes: 91 36.8%
  • Password Protected Accounts (i.e. Need password to log into certain accounts)

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • Credit Display (Your current number of credits will be displayed at the bottom!)

Votes: 97 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I can also verify that that I gave myVMKPal/installer all admin privileges when it wanted them.
Recently added it to a friend's computer, and then reinstalled it on mine. Same thing both times, @kolyaventuri :
Files dumped onto desktop. Also seen as a virus by Webroot, Norton, and McAfee, btw.
That is so strange... I am out of the office until the 10th of August, so I won't have any time to work on fixing it.

As for being seen as a virus, I know why. It's partly due to the fact that myVMKPal has the ability to download files (none of the actual files are stored in the installer, they are all downloaded dynamically when you run it. It allows me to keep the size of the installer down. As well, it downloads updates to the updater itself if there ever are any, as well as any files that are missing that it needs to run). The other part of it has to do with the fact that it's not a "high profile" software, so most virus detection programs don't recognize it so err on the side of caution and flag it anyways (due to the download thing).

TL;DL myVMKpal gets flagged because it can download files (for updates), and isn't a highly downloaded program. Virus detection programs are just being cautious.

myVMKPal is completely virus free, you have my word :)
Latest VirusTotal scan (June 9th, 2016 for myVMKPal version 3.4) -> https://virustotal.com/en/file/00ef...5fd95cd58f6377903652b4be/analysis/1465485242/

At this time there is no actively supported method of playing MyVMK on Mac
Dang. Pal sounds fun. I used to use it. Launcher still works if you haven't updated the iOS. A staff member said they'd be rolling out a Mac work around within the coming weeks so I'm hoping that's true.

Is there a problem with myvmkpal? I couldn't load up my usual version today as there was a fault (quit or continue - continued did nothing) so I uninstalled the program and now it won't let me install again. The pop-up keeps telling me to wait :o

Is there a problem with myvmkpal? I couldn't load up my usual version today as there was a fault (quit or continue - continued did nothing) so I uninstalled the program and now it won't let me install again. The pop-up keeps telling me to wait :o
Also had this same problem. I was able to download MyVMKPal about a week ago after getting a new computer and it wasn't working last night. I even tried an old setup file that usually does the trick if i can't get it to download from the site itself and just let it update and it didn't work either.

Also had this same problem. I was able to download MyVMKPal about a week ago after getting a new computer and it wasn't working last night. I even tried an old setup file that usually does the trick if i can't get it to download from the site itself and just let it update and it didn't work either.
I am also having this issue an went through the steps @Angie did as well and no go. I've been having to use Firefox and it's not as smooth or nice as it is using Pal. Hope there is a fix soon

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
I am also having this issue an went through the steps @Angie did as well and no go. I've been having to use Firefox and it's not as smooth or nice as it is using Pal. Hope there is a fix soon
@arvinarvin @Angie @Stargirll

Hm.. I'm not seeing the issue on my end, but I'll definitely look into it. Thanks for the heads up! If it gives you an error dialogue, there should be a button that says "Details." If you could click that and send me the information it gives you, that would help immensely in finding the issue.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at myVMKPal_v4.Form1.downloadVersions()
at myVMKPal_v4.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
myVMKPal v4
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MyVMK%20Pal/MyVMKPal.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
3xSX
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MyVMK%20Pal/3xSX.DLL
Awesomium.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.2
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MyVMK%20Pal/Awesomium.Windows.Forms.DLL
Awesomium.Core
Assembly Version: 1.7.4.2
Win32 Version: 1.7.4.2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/MyVMK%20Pal/Awesomium.Core.DLL
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thank you very much!

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
@arvinarvin @Angie @Stargirll

I think I know what was wrong, and that should fix it. Let me know if it still doesn't work :)

I changed something on the server end. Nothing that required an update to myVMKPal, so hopefully that fixed it remotely.