[myVMKPal] The easy way to play!

What should we add next?

• Customizable Interface

Votes: 44 17.8%
  • Video Recording

Votes: 91 36.8%
  • Password Protected Accounts (i.e. Need password to log into certain accounts)

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • Credit Display (Your current number of credits will be displayed at the bottom!)

Votes: 97 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Actually I found this interesting WebExtension last month and it was very helpful although I didnt actually need it. The extension let you create tabs that would have symbols to accounts like Facebook, Youtube, Gmail, Yahoo ect. and you could create the tab and use it to store your account info like usernames, passwords and comments . It also had the ability to create random passwords such as Fdsa8dsa789d3 and save them as your account. I think it would be cool to do that for myvmkpal.
You mean, have the ability to set a secure password from withing myVMKPal? That's very possible, but I would need to talk to Amy about that one, as I do not know if I have permission to modify user settings.

So quick question. The mobile app will do nothing until POTC/the new client are released, correct? I downloaded it the day you released it, just for when it works lol

PHPGuru

You mean, have the ability to set a secure password from withing myVMKPal? That's very possible, but I would need to talk to Amy about that one, as I do not know if I have permission to modify user settings.
yes but not only can you set your secure password it will save it for you so when you click that symbol you stored your character "Bob" in you would just log-in as bob, and then you can see any notes or comments about bob. Where as if you clicked "Tom" then you would be loaded in as Tom with all him comments and notes. Im not even sure what myVMKPal has as far as functionallity so if you can already do this then my bad. But you have a good point you would need some way to access the database that stores the password so it can be changed :p Maybe you and Amy can work something out? It would be a nice feature for myVMK PAL

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
yes but not only can you set your secure password it will save it for you so when you click that symbol you stored your character "Bob" in you would just log-in as bob, and then you can see any notes or comments about bob. Where as if you clicked "Tom" then you would be loaded in as Tom with all him comments and notes. Im not even sure what myVMKPal has as far as functionallity so if you can already do this then my bad. But you have a good point you would need some way to access the database that stores the password so it can be changed :p Maybe you and Amy can work something out? It would be a nice feature for myVMK PAL
myVMKPal already has functionality to log in whatever character the user selects. That is the core functionality of the program :)

I will see about changing user passwords, to generate secure passwords.

PHPGuru

myVMKPal already has functionality to log in whatever character the user selects. That is the core functionality of the program :)

I will see about changing user passwords, to generate secure passwords.
Yea ive never actually launched your program so Im not sure what youve added. But for sure the secure passwords might be useful. What kind of work do you do? If you don't mind me asking. Not on myVMK
PAL I mean your career :p

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Yea ive never actually launched your program so Im not sure what youve added. But for sure the secure passwords might be useful. What kind of work do you do? If you don't mind me asking. Not on myVMK
PAL I mean your career :p
I'm a senior in high school currently. I don't have a real career right now

PHPGuru

Oh wow thats very interesting koodo's to your current success for such a young developer. Keep it up things are only going to get better for you.[DOUBLEPOST=1414349979][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is your role in myvmkpal then? What do you do, and do you have any current projects you are working on?

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Oh wow thats very interesting koodo's to your current success for such a young developer. Keep it up things are only going to get better for you.[DOUBLEPOST=1414349979][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is your role in myvmkpal then? What do you do, and do you have any current projects you are working on?
I was the one that brought the myVMKPal team together, as well as the one who does a good chunk of the development, along with Anthony

I tend to do a lot more web based stuff than I do desktop applications (myVMKPal is really my only desktop project). I work a lot with HTML5/CSS/JS, as well as PHP and (starting with) Ruby. I have one website that I'm working on currently, that should hopefully be out later this year if everything goes to plan.

PHPGuru

I was the one that brought the myVMKPal team together, as well as the one who does a good chunk of the development, along with Anthony

I tend to do a lot more web based stuff than I do desktop applications (myVMKPal is really my only desktop project). I work a lot with HTML5/CSS/JS, as well as PHP and (starting with) Ruby. I have one website that I'm working on currently, that should hopefully be out later this year if everything goes to plan.
Cool man sounds good and like a lot of work haha. I'm working on a fully featured web forum for my resume so I'd love to see how your website turns out or even if you wanna show me current development you should
email it to me at bradltr95@gmail.com

ProudToBeMe

My friend used to play vmk with me when we were younger and she can only play myvmk on a windows surface 2, but she can't play and I don't know techie stuff and I want her to play with me lol
Can anybody help us? I tried downloaded myvmkpal but it says that it can't run on this tablet. Please help <3

Anyone else unable to play Jungle Cruise on myvmk pal? It loads the game and plays sounds but the boat doesn't move which causes the game to freeze in one room..

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Anyone else unable to play Jungle Cruise on myvmk pal? It loads the game and plays sounds but the boat doesn't move which causes the game to freeze in one room..
Does Jungle Cruise work on a browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?

I'm not sure. I don't have Mozilla, but myvmk won't open with Chrome or IE on my computer anymore. MyVMK pal saved my sanity for that reason lol. So, it's not a huge deal, it's just one game. I was only curious if it was just me or not.

Does Jungle Cruise work on a browser such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox?
Not sure if this was facetious or not, but yes, it does work.
I was considering using MyVMKPal, and I might still try it out, but seeing as the majority of my credits come from JC, I might hold off a bit. Glad I read through the thread first.
Best of luck!

I'm not sure. I don't have Mozilla, but myvmk won't open with Chrome or IE on my computer anymore. MyVMK pal saved my sanity for that reason lol. So, it's not a huge deal, it's just one game. I was only curious if it was just me or not.
There is a workaround for Chrome:
  • Type:
    “about:-remove-plugins”
    (without the quotation marks or "-remove-") into the address bar at the top of a Chrome browser window.
  • Click “Details” at the upper-right corner of the page.
  • Find the “Flash” (or “Shockwave Flash”) listing on the Plug-ins page and click the corresponding “Enable” button.
  • Close all Chrome windows and restart the browser.
For further information: Enabling Shockwave on Various Browsers

OR:
Type or copy/paste:
chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
Into your browser bar, the restart your browser.

However, these still make MyVMK a tad temperamental at times, and Mozilla Firefox runs MyVMK perfectly at the moment. (Just don't update your Flash, haha!)

Last edited:

PAL_Kolya

myVMKPal Creator
myVMKPal Creator
Not sure if this was facetious or not, but yes, it does work.
I was considering using MyVMKPal, and I might still try it out, but seeing as the majority of my credits come from JC, I might hold off a bit. Glad I read through the thread first.
Best of luck!

There is a workaround for Chrome:
  • Type “about: (removethis) plugins” (without the quotation marks, 2 spaces, or the note to remove the entire parenthesized bit) into the address bar at the top of a Chrome browser window.
  • Click “Details” at the upper-right corner of the page.
  • Find the “Flash” (or “Shockwave Flash”) listing on the Plug-ins page and click the corresponding “Enable” button.
  • Close all Chrome windows and restart the browser.
For further information: Enabling Shockwave on Various Browsers

OR:
Type or copy/paste: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
Into your browser bar, the restart your browser.

However, these still make MyVMK a tad temperamental at times, and Mozilla Firefox runs MyVMK perfectly at the moment. (Just don't update your Flash, haha!)
Jungle cruise should work on myVMKPal just fine. The user in question that stated it didn't, also stated that MyVMK didn't work at all on their device, so myVMKPal will most likely work fine for you :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Jungle cruise should work on myVMKPal just fine. The user in question that stated it didn't, also stated that MyVMK didn't work at all on their device, so myVMKPal will most likely work fine for you :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Good to know, I'll give it a try this evening. Thanks much!