Need help on MAC. Method I've used for over a year mysteriously not working.

Hey, guys!
So some background information. About a month ago, my MyVMK started acting up. By this, I mean that it takes much longer to load in, my inventory can take well over an hour to fully load, loading into different rooms takes a considerable amount of time and trades are just about impossible with all that needs to load. I have been using the MyVMK Client through Mozilla Firefox on my MAC and that has always worked fine for me. One of my friends uses the same method on her MAC and she is not experiencing any of these issues. She has also logged into my account from her computer without any of these problems. I reported the issue to staff and I was told the issue is most likely a problem with the amount of items I have and I should make a clone account. I made a clone account, but the issues happen on that account that has next to nothing in the inventory, so I don't think that's the problem. Please help!!!

VMK_Rapunzel

Hi there @Kasey :]
Which client are you using on your Mac?
Right now, the only option that we've seen players have success with (if they're using a Mac) is downloading a Virtual Machine and running Windows through that along with MyVMK Pal.

Hi there @Kasey :]
Which client are you using on your Mac?
Right now, the only option that we've seen players have success with (if they're using a Mac) is downloading a Virtual Machine and running Windows through that along with MyVMK Pal.
I've been using MyVMK Launcher for over a year now without any problems and my friends continues to do so on her mac. Using windows parallels was a method I used prior to this and it lagged my whole computer.

VMK_Rapunzel

@Kasey Okay so I'm not a super tech-y person, but here's what sounds like is happening (And if I'm totally off, I apologize. This is just a guess.)... The creator of Launcher is in no way affiliated with the game any longer which means the versions of Launcher (most likely) haven't been updated to keep up with Browser/System updates. I'm not savvy in that sort of thing, but it sounds like this is what might be happening.

As for why it's not happening to your friend, well, I don't have any answers for that one, unfortunately. And as for a solution other than the Virtual Machine, unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for that just yet either. The only ray of sunshine in this is that the new client will be compatible with Mac computers.

I know it's not ideal and probably not what you wanted to hear, and for that I'm sorry. :| You can always clearing the cache of Firefox (I believe this is the browser that the Launcher ran on), which might help. But right now, this is the only information I can give.

Last edited:

transparent

@Kasey Okay so I'm not a super tech-y person, but here's what sounds like is happening (And if I'm totally off, I apologize. This is just a guess.)... The creator of Launcher is in no way affiliated with the game any longer which means the versions of Launcher (most likely) haven't been updated to keep up with Browser/System updates. I'm not savvy in that sort of thing, but it sounds like this is what might be happening.

As for why it's not happening to your friend, well, I don't have any answers for that one, unfortunately. And as for a solution other than the Virtual Machine, unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for that just yet either. The only ray of sunshine in this is that the new client will be compatible with Mac computers.

I know it's not ideal and probably not what you wanted to hear, and for that I'm sorry. :| You can always clearing the cache of Firefox (I believe this is the browser that the Launcher ran on), which might help. But right now, this is the only information I can give.

i have the same problem :( do u guys know when the new client will be out ??