New Chat System and Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, The new chat is great! I have a suggestion though ....... We need to be able to mute or block people that spam please. Makes chat more enjoyable :) TY

After going on the chat this afternoon, I was disappointed by the talk there. When people asked others to tone it down for the sake of their young children, they were told to keep their kids off the chat! I hope there will be some moderation soon. But at least these people are making it obvious that they are not suitable choices for positions of leadership within the game if they can't be kind to others.

After going on the chat this afternoon, I was disappointed by the talk there. When people asked others to tone it down for the sake of their young children, they were told to keep their kids off the chat! I hope there will be some moderation soon. But at least these people are making it obvious that they are not suitable choices for positions of leadership within the game if they can't be kind to others.
I hope we're not overly moderated like on OVMKF though, we should have some space to breathe and shouldn't be shunned or threatened with a ban for letting a single swear escape but it shouldn't be dropped every five seconds.

My thoughts are that the original VMK was HEAVILY moderated (in-game and forums) and I feel that should continue? Why? Because it is a game aimed at children. If you wish to chat with friends and swear or whatever, do it elsewhere then. It shows poor judgement to swear in an environment where you have to TYPE it out, I get letting something slip here or there when speaking, but typing is a different world.

That's just my two cents.

I hope we're not overly moderated like on OVMKF though, we should have some space to breathe and shouldn't be shunned or threatened with a ban for letting a single swear escape but it shouldn't be dropped every five seconds.

My thoughts are that the original VMK was HEAVILY moderated (in-game and forums) and I feel that should continue? Why? Because it is a game aimed at children. If you wish to chat with friends and swear or whatever, do it elsewhere then. It shows poor judgement to swear in an environment where you have to TYPE it out, I get letting something slip here or there when speaking, but typing is a different world.

That's just my two cents.
It was heavily moderated because Disney was supporting it and advertising it for kids, it was for kids originally but now there's not that many kids to aim it to because its original audience has grown up and unless someone is looking for this project, it's hard to find. The youngest I've seen on here is 13, why should we moderate heavily on these forums and the game if there aren't going to be a dozen kids running around? I don't want to see people shouting swears every second but there isn't a reason to have so many restrictions.

Unfortunately, my teens (and even some adults) can't control themselves and if given the opportunity to say something bad to gain attention, they WILL do it. Think about it from a different standpoint, if you had someone that was 12 or younger (heck, even 13 using your example), would you want them exposed to people online swearing or talking bad? I'm in my 30's and I don't think it belongs in a game; there is enough violence and swearing and general disrespect anymore that I look for sanctuary in a game like this. True that Disney won't be backing it this time around, but I really think that the Disney 'values' should be kept in place, that is a big part of what VMK VMK!

It was heavily moderated because Disney was supporting it and advertising it for kids, it was for kids originally but now there's not that many kids to aim it to because its original audience has grown up and unless someone is looking for this project, it's hard to find. The youngest I've seen on here is 13, why should we moderate heavily on these forums and the game if there aren't going to be a dozen kids running around? I don't want to see people shouting swears every second but there isn't a reason to have so many restrictions.

karkat

I think you have no idea about me and what I have been through in life, so you really have no place making a comment like that about me. I'm putting my opinion out there, so please respect it like you would others. Thanks!
heres the thing tho i am also just putting my opinion out there

Shane

Tapatalk can't be used with the chat - they're two very different systems.

We have a word filter in the chat. If you see an inappropriate conversation going on, take a screenshot, write down the time, and send it to me.

But, really, think about how many parents will show their kids VMK? They enjoyed it when they were young, so logic says they might want their own kids to enjoy it.

In all reality, you don't know what kids are going to be playing, and what adults. Even if you take a census. Kids lie about their age.

I've seen some of the VMK censored words. Some, are ridiculous. Personally, I swear. More than I should sometimes. But I have zero problems with those words being blocked.

Now, 'pink' , 'love', and other words that if stretched, could have a dirty or improper connotation, those seem silly to me to ban.

That being said, we can rant and rant and rant about what we think is best, but at the end of the day, it's staff's decision. And we can either roll with it, (and seemingly talk as we like on the forum/chat here) or complain, or not play the game at all.

I think people are forgetting that there are children that can view everything. I hope there is some sort of rule against swearing and inappropriate behavior, as this is a child's game to begin with.

I don't understand how the players who were children in VMK and are almost adults or are adults now think they are the youngest age that will come play the new game. There are already children at least as young as 8 (if not younger) ready to make accounts and are awaiting the opening of this game. Life does not stop with y'all....kids are born every day and are still attracted to Disney and Disney style games. MyVmk will be advertised and LOADS of children will come play the game. It has ALWAYS been geared for young children and those of us who were already adults back in the old game joined not trying to force a change of the game for us because we knew it was a game for children. It is STILL a game for children. It is lots of fun for all ages, but as has been said an exhausted amount of times, as long as they allow children under the age of 13 to join, then by federal laws, (at least in the US) admin of the game is required to make it a safe place for children. I know Amy isn't in the US, but Kevin is and I seriously doubt they want to take on laws like that or upset the parents (including MANY who played VMK) of all the children who have joined or will join the game. By making it safe for all, then all can play too, including the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.