New computer Now I can't play

Fotogirl

I purchased a new laptop and thought I would see if I could sign into myvmk. After installing both Flashplayer and Shockwave I cannot sign into the game. When I attempt to sign in it sends me back to the reauthenticate screen. I purchased a laptop which is running Windows7 so that I could install some older programs that I use on a daily basis and are not compatible with Windows8. Any ideas would be helpful. I did add both the vmkforums and the vmk game site to trusted sites under the security tab but still cannot sign in. I tried both IE and Chrome. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Foto you way need an older version of the player. A lot of peoplehave had issues once updated. Try searching for the one you had on old comp.

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

InfinityFay

lol I've not been able to play on my laptop since MAY.

Good luck getting any real help on that -.-

Evillyn

I have new computer with windows 8 and had same problem. I uninstalled shockwave completely, than went to chrome (which I mostly use) and installed shockwave and
it worked. I forget what I did to be able to use it on internet explorer. (sorry) But it was only allowing shockwave on the browser I opened it on. Hope this helps. (I still can
not get the updated event calendar and have emptied cookies, run disc cleanup, etc.)

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
Uninstall shockwave.

Run myvmk and let it auto detect shockwave is missing and install from there?

if not, try firefox, ie, or opera.

gravebound

not actually a grave
i have a laptop running windows 8 and i was able to get it running by making sure to download the full version, it's something to check

Navii

It was the full version of shockwave that I used.
Have you tried using different browsers?
Firefox, Chrome, Opera are all browsers that don't have a problem running MyVMK. You may also want to check your secruity settings, to make sure nothing is blocking shockwave's/flashes files from operating.

Fotogirl

I tried both IE and Chrome and checked security settings. Its doing the same thing my Mac does when I try to sign on. It signs me into the site but when I hit enter the shockwave loading screen appears and load then goes right to reauthenticate screen

Navii

May want to contact an administrator on this. To me, it sounds like something is blocking shockwave from running correctly. Whether it be the secruity settings, firewall, virus protection, or anything. Just what it sounds like to me but I would contact a higher authority :)

Several of us have the exact same problem lately but it is intermittently. I have tried logging in with IE, Google Chrome, Firefox and MyVMK Pal with no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled shockwave and flash. I can get on fine one minute and then not at all. I was unable to log into the game last night from approx. 7pm MST to about 10pm. During that time I even ran a test on my connection and passed with flying colors so it can't be that either.

I believe it may be something to do with the server, but I am not sure. I brought it up in Shoutbox last night and Snow mentioned that she would bring it up to Amy. Hopefully we will have resolution shortly.. us addicts are starting to go through withdrawals. :squee:

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
I have had issues with Adobe's Installer for Shockwave...

I use
http://ninite.com/shockwave
to keep upto date...

when you FIRST sign into myVMK you need to give Shockwave permissions to communicate with the server if you fail to do that you will run into issues...

Clear Cache...[DOUBLEPOST=1409910595][/DOUBLEPOST]@Fotogirl if you are willing I can try to help you using Teamviewer which allows someone to see your screen a and move your mouse and I could possibly help get you up and running again... not being able to see you in the morning would be depressing :-(

Open a conversation if your willing to let me give it a shot.

Fotogirl

I have had issues with Adobe's Installer for Shockwave...

I use
http://ninite.com/shockwave
to keep upto date...

when you FIRST sign into myVMK you need to give Shockwave permissions to communicate with the server if you fail to do that you will run into issues...

Clear Cache...[DOUBLEPOST=1409910595][/DOUBLEPOST]@Fotogirl if you are willing I can try to help you using Teamviewer which allows someone to see your screen a and move your mouse and I could possibly help get you up and running again... not being able to see you in the morning would be depressing :-(

Open a conversation if your willing to let me give it a shot.
@savvy.max awww ... thanks. I am still able to play so it not like you won't see me. I still have my old dinosaur computer that I have been playing on. I had to get a new one for work and thought I would try to get on with it. I think if I have time to sit and play around with it eventually I will hit the right thing and it will sign me in. If I get to the point that I am pulling my hair out I might need some help... thanks for the offer.