New crates, where for art thou?

tiggerholic

"New Holiday Crates have just been released! You can obtain these new crates and keys randomly when visiting NPCs, playing mini-games, or collecting shells in Captain?s Quest Quarters."

By "playing mini-games" do you mean Fireworks and Jungle Cruise? If so, what is the ratio of drop on keys and crates? After playing at least 15 games of JC, since we've transferred over and at 3am PST, I've yet to get ONE single crate. Are NPCs the only place to get crates? Think we'd ALL like a little clarification :)

aliceblue

Ditto on clarifying the sources for crates.

They are not being dropped from the clams, even after two hours of clamming. I'm hearing this confirmed all over the place.

So far crate #2's are just from NPC's for me. But then again, I wasn't getting any crate #1's from clams either. Don't recall if I got any from JC.

tiggerholic

We are just asking for clarification on this issue - if MyVMK states that "you can obtain these new crates and keys randomly when visiting NPCs, playing mini-games, or collecting shells in Captains Quest Quarters" then we expect that to happen. If the crates are ONLY dropped from NPCs, then please state that. Again, we are asking for clarification and if possible what the ratios are? We were told what they were for the 1st crates and keys, why is this so secretive?

mark

10 mins late to everything
i only get the yellow and red ornament from only npcs, i got 1 key from shell game, and i bought one key from the shop and thats all for now folks

Jackie

Ambitious, Opinionated, and Loveable.
So far today:

I've gotten -
1 silver key from a game of fireworks (I've played about 7)
2 crates (both from visiting NPCs)

That's it. \:

Myth

Clammed for over 4 hours and got 0 new crates. I think they havent been implemented into the clams yet. (or at least the ratio of getting one is like 1:1000000).

Also JC'd for a while and got a key but no crates.

Only got 1 Crate from an NPC.

ClarityG

Yeah, I'm not sure how people are getting any of these mythical new crates. Since logging on a few hours ago, I've gotten two silver keys from NPC's and zilch from games.

Oops, sorry for the weird wording on the newsletter.

At the moment, the ornament crates can only be obtained from visiting NPCs. Keys can be earned in multiple ways, such as from playing mini-games and collecting shells.

tiggerholic

Thank you so very much Grizzly :) We know that you've all been busy since the move over to the new server with helping people who STILL can not log in to the game, that taking just this little bit of time to clarify this issue, is VERY much appreciated :) You truly rock and show a great deal of empathy for our frustrations :thumbsup:

At the moment, the ornament crates can only be obtained from visiting NPCs. Keys can be earned in multiple ways, such as from playing mini-games and collecting shells.

JessieMel

Grizzly, will the crates eventually drop from mini games/shells or will it always just be NPC's?

Thank you very much for the clarification. As I have mentioned before, I enjoy the key/crate aspect as a different component to this game. I was thinking I must have the worst odds at getting crates these days. I look forward to more release of the crates. :)