Votes: 22 35.5%
  • It could be better, but it's good.

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • I don't really like it.

Votes: 23 37.1%

• Total voters

Kaeliah

Previously Tessa
MyVMK Forums has switched from Vbulletin to Xenfero. Clearly there is a lot of confusion as to how things function with this new software, including some new features such as Status Updates, etc.

The new forum will take some time to adjust to, but it's time for a change, and it's a good one. :)

Yes, there are bugs and glitches. And yes, stuff will be restored when possible (e.g. forum awards). I'm sure the forum is being adjusted and bugs are being worked on as we speak.

In the meantime, let's vote on the poll and share our opinions on the new forum look :twist:

Fantasmico

I like it. I can't wait to see how it functions as the bugs and glitches get worked out. So far so Good! I particularly like the member name on the header for easy access to account. :)

Fiyero

I feel like most of the votes for "I don't like it" are because it's a new software and people don't know how to use it. As they get used to it, and learn to work it, I imagine people will begin to like this software, and perhaps prefer it to vBulletin.

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
I feel like most of the votes for "I don't like it" are because it's a new software and people don't know how to use it. As they get used to it, and learn to work it, I imagine people will begin to like this software, and perhaps prefer it to vBulletin.
To be honest I already prefer it's features to vBulletin.

Jasmine

You might be right, I don't know. But personally I've never liked Xenforo because it doesn't give me a "forumy" feel. I feel as if it's more of a social network and they advertise it as a forum. It definitely has its similarities to vB, but I guess that's because ex-vB employees created it.

I actually think the majority of people seem to like it already. They're just waiting for some features to return. Once they return, I think they'll like it. :3

You might be right, I don't know. But personally I've never liked Xenforo because it doesn't give me a "forumy" feel. I feel as if it's more of a social network and they advertise it as a forum. It definitely has its similarities to vB, but I guess that's because ex-vB employees created it.

I actually think the majority of people seem to like it already. They're just waiting for some features to return. Once they return, I think they'll like it. :3
I'll second the perception of being a social network disguised as a forum...
The organization of the site is better, though the mouse-over menus could possibly cause some issues for certain computers/browsers/users.

I prefer vBulletin, always have even before myVMK has been my forum software of choice. But yeah, like anything once you adjust to it, it will be sweet :)

It's funny how it has everything we asked for but people don't like it lol
I've been on forums with this layout so the adjustment process isn't so overwhelming.

Dempsey

who want lasanga?!
it's kind of confusing tbh! it's going to take some getting used to.