New Game Room Command Available

Howdy all!

A few days ago, we implemented a new command that you can use in your game rooms that utilize the random number generators. Here is a quick guide to help you understand its use.

Example:

1) Monkey has created a super awesome room with a few random number generators. The three players have spun and the round is complete.

2) Now Monkey wants to reset the game so that all of the generators in the room will display a zero value, but how does he do it? He uses the new command that @Amy has enabled for us! Monkey types in the following in the chat box at the bottom of the game:

!resetstates

3) After Monkey presses the enter key, every generator in the room will return to their original state -- zero (not Wyoming).

Now, for the nefarious players out there, the obvious question remains...
What happens if I go into another player's room and type in this command? Will it work?

Monkey has the answer for you...

Hopefully everyone enjoys this new helpful feature and that it improves the quality and speed of your game room. When you see @Amy around the kingdom, be sure to thank her. :)

QA_MonkeyMonkey

Last edited:
Is there any way to just reset one? Also, what if you give room permissions to another player while you're out so they can run the game? Will it still not work?

Is there any way to just reset one? Also, what if you give room permissions to another player while you're out so they can run the game? Will it still not work?
At this point, the command works on all random number generators and there is no way to single out just one. I personally haven't tested the scenario where you give room permissions to another character. To the testing room! Edit: Only the room owner can use the command -- even if he/she gives control to another character. [DOUBLEPOST=1434981256][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and a little warning/fun fact about this command. It affects more items than just random number generators. Here are just a few from my inventory:

And when !resetstates is entered, the above room becomes this:

Can you find more items/uses? :)

Last edited:

Thorn

Make it Green
It did not turn off my waterfalls :o
It turns off anything you have to double-click to activate when placing it.
Campfires, lamps, shower thing, leota, Leggota, etc.

What's odd is if you re-enter, everything is animated again. EDIT: This only worked once. When I used resetstates a second time, the changes were permanent.

What would be cool is if the activate-able items had a toggle [like "allow guests to move this item"] that let you decide if resetstates would affect it :P As of now, any games with elaborate decoration would be negatively affected (which I never noticed when HOSTs used RS?)

PudgeTheFish

Hopefully @Amy will chime in on this. If not, I'd be happy to send her this request. No promises about when/if it would be implemented. :)

EDIT: Yes this is possible now. Type in the following to only reset the generators:

!resetstates rng
Is !resetstates still everything? Cus its so much easier to do it to turn on all water carpets since having a bunch together with other stuff in the room aswell is impossible to click.

PudgeTheFish

Actually, this command has been around for a while, just only available to staff and not players. I changed it because I realised there's no reason to restrict it.
Thank you Amy! Much appreciated!