New Newsletter

Cat

Let's consider that Kali is not going to resign (which looks likely), what would you rather they do? Would you prefer they just seem incompetent and release very few items? At this point it's looking likely nothing we say is going to change whether Kali stays or goes.
Stay behind the scenes and not flaunt her power or 'superiority' around, or make us feel like she's doing us a favor.

Guys, what's past is past and complaining honestly just makes everything worse. It would be nice if everyone would just chill out and move on, or if you don't enjoy it, then come up with more positive ways of change. Fighting with a negative spirit literally defeats your ideal before you even start. Gotta trust Thumpers mom on this one, so If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Eh, the newsletter was the last thing on my mind until this thread brought it up. Playing the game is definitely not a priority of mine amidst recent events, but I have to give credit where it is due--I didn't expect a newsletter at all. I do agree that the letter was a bit different...(the 'forceful' holiday wording confused me too. May 4th was days ago lol?) but it's to be expected--Grizzly isn't writing them anymore.

I want to give a huge shoutout to @Pacific though, because the Dole Whip pin is officially one of my favorites so far, (@jafart it's trop goth), and also to @Starlina for getting her popcorn magic in the game.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Eh, the newsletter was the last thing on my mind until this thread brought it up. Playing the game is definitely not a priority of mine amidst recent events, but I have to give credit where it is due--I didn't expect a newsletter at all. I do agree that the letter was a bit different...(the 'forceful' holiday wording confused me too. May 4th was days ago lol?) but it's to be expected--Grizzly isn't writing them anymore.

I want to give a huge shoutout to @Pacific though, because the Dole Whip pin is officially one of my favorites so far, (@jafart it's trop goth), and also to @Starlina for getting her popcorn magic in the game.
i honestly don't care about the newsletter. don't let our frustration about the bigger picture take away the attention from @Pacific and @Starlina who made two really beautiful items. it makes my heart happy to see two (of many) talented designers amongst us highlighted. :aww: you don't have to love the items they made, but remember these two members had no part in what is transpiring and deserve to not have their big moment soiled just because we're still (understandably) aggrivated. it'd show poor character to ruin this moment for them.

pls though i'm not undermining anybody's frustration bc trust me i'm LIVID. but at the same time it'd make my heart really sad to see the people who are innocent and worked hard on something (which we all can relate to) scroll down this thread and see comments (that are really directed at the staff) targeting these two individuals.

Last edited:
Has it occurred to anyone that the Trivia winners will not be announced until after Midnight as we still have until Midnight tonight to enter from last week.

If you read it has been changed for next week to Thursday at noon so, maybe, just maybe we can start getting the new newsletter earlier?

popcorn magic...... . . ... ...

Let me edit this since some people have problems

I just don't think "popcorn magic" fits the game. Congrats to the people who got their stuff in game, I just don't think it fits.
I want to clear things up as to WHY I chose to design popcorn magic. I was designing around the theme of the month not the game. The theme was refreshment corner, and many of which includes food. No, it's not really related to disney, but it is related to refreshment corner, and I felt a lot of the items that have came out so far in this month were not supporting that theme. I'd have loved to design something more disney related. Then again what do many of the magics have to do with disney theme, Snowman, Zombie, Confetti, Bat, and I could add more. If it were my choice, I wouldn't have chosen this months theme, but I respect staffs decision, and I was trying my best to work with it. I'm sorry if you don't like it, and I'm sorry if it doesn't fit your definition of what's vmk related. I was working with the months theme, and I'd like to continue doing that to show support for current staffs decision.[DOUBLEPOST=1431043794][/DOUBLEPOST]
how is this newsletter post any different than what Grizzly would post? @Starlina made the popcorn magic and they're having it be a giveaway...it actually fits this month's theme and the fact that a player made it is pretty cool. Go complain about how you feel the game should be run, and who should be running it, but you guys have no reason to cry about the newsletter or the items released
EDIT: AND PACIFIC FOR THOSE TWO PINS LIKE WHAT STOP COMPLAINING

As much as you guys (myself included) are upset with staff and what has happened over the past couple of days, it's pretty rude for you guys to be criticizing the new items that our own community members made. At least show some respect for @Starlina and @Pacific, I'm sure they worked hard on their own creations.

Anyways, I agree with @Cat, the newsletter sounds and looks very strange, but I don't really know what I expected under this new "management."
Btw thank you all for the support.

Last edited:

its trop cause its a tattoo design i recommended so happy its in game, goth bless @Pacific for making it

I saw this an boy was it's tempting to want to get on and get the stuff. But I will not I can not. I have integrity and will stand by it. These are pixels people. This is where you see if people stand by there words. So they become rare because less people bought them. In the end if the right thing is done you will remember standing up for your beliefs later in life and not a magic game or pin.
If you guys have quit, why are you still on the forums?

I never attacked the quality of the items. I happen to love Pacific and Starlina's stuff. I do feel like it was rushed and a bunch of new things are being thrown at us. Kali/Amy even said they had big plans to move past this month. They obviously want to forget. They lost Tink, so they're obviously grasping at straws for things to release. Tink was apparently supposed to have her Avengers items released, but requested that that not be released after the recent events. So I assume that threw them off a bit.
I mean come on...
Trash can magic?
Popcorn magic?
Churro carts?
Ice cream carts?
New ride pieces?
Lots of new pins?
It's just like what they do in the media and the news. They distract you with stupid news stories to keep you focused off of the real news. It's kind of a common tactic that many people do in order to control and quell the masses.
How is their releasing items this month any different from previous months? Lots of pins were released last month..lots of furniture and also a new magic. In my opinion it doesn't feel "rushed" They updated the newsletter tonight just like every friday at midnight, like usual (excusing last week's)... @Amy is obviously trying to get the community more involved, releasing @Pacific's and @Starlina's custom designs. It's a good addition to the game I think.

I want to clear things up as to WHY I chose to design popcorn magic. I was designing around the theme of the month not the game. The theme was refreshment corner, and many of which includes food. No, it's not really related to disney, but it is related to refreshment corner, and I felt a lot of the items that have came out so far in this month were not supporting that theme. I'd have loved to design something more disney related. Then again what do many of the magics have to do with disney theme, Snowman, Zombie, Confetti, Bat, and I could add more. If it were my choice, I wouldn't have chosen this months theme, but I respect staffs decision, and I was trying my best to work with it. I'm sorry if you don't like it, and I'm sorry if it doesn't fit your definition of what's vmk related. I was working with the months theme, and I'd like to continue doing that to show support for current staffs decision.[DOUBLEPOST=1431043794][/DOUBLEPOST]

Btw thank you all for the support.
Your magic makes me want to eat popcorn and watch netflix.