NO Character when entering the game.

Thunder

When I log in with the launch ( legacy, not recommended ), that's the only way I can play games. My character will not show up. I tried the one that says ( download windows no shock wave ) and that does not work for me. The one that says ( download windows ) also does not work. And Alpha , you can not play games. So, if you can fix the ( legacy, not recommended ) log in to show my character, I can play games again and be able to buy the items you put in the game. This no character problem just started early this morning and I cleaned my computer and all other things you have to do. And my Character still does not show up...

1. Legacy and the download for windows (myvmkpal) are the old client. They both seem to be having a bugs and issues, and aren’t recommended to play on as much since most of us are using Alpha.

2. You can play games on Alpha. The only game not working is jungle cruise.

Night_Star

Alpha and the the other clients are totally useless. The only thing the new client is good for is going in rooms and catching bb8's. They've made the game unplayable by releasing a client that has serious flaws and bugs. It's nice that they tried to make the game playable for Mac players, but they ruined the fun for people who like to play pirates and haunted mansion.

vickyc

I am having issues logging into the old mac client as well. That is the only way i can change my signature so thats why I was on it. But I am only seeing empty rooms and none of the buttons on the bottom of the screen are working. is anyone else having this problem???

I too have been having issues for awhile. I logged in a bit ago and saw no character in any room I went. Is there a remedy for this issue yet?
I am having the same issues with MyVMKPal. I really like using Pal and hope this is fixed real soon.
Since you cannot play Jungle Cruise on New Client, I rely on MyVMKPal so I can play JC,

Last edited:

CaptainJax

...but you HAVE heard of me.
MyVMKPal does the exact same thing.

This appears to be a new issue that just started a day or two ago. I'm unable to find a solution so far.

Some things work when you login to the game using the old client through MyVMKPal, while others do not.

When you login, you can't see any characters, not even yourself. Some buttons like Start a Game in potc are dimmed. You can see your inventory, but you cannot activate the clothes changer. You cannot see any chat.

Any suggestions @VMK_Simba or anyone else?

The new alpha client seems to be working, but for us potc players, isn't optimal for playing potc yet.

Thanks, mateys.

Last edited:

CaptainJax

...but you HAVE heard of me.
Thanks @RoseBonbon. That's another other good example of the issue that I didn't mention.

When I login using the old client through MyVMKPal, I can start a jungle cruise game but I can't see my character, or any fuel or film to pickup. Therefore, once I am out of film or fuel, the game is over.

Hopefully, something can be done to resolve said issues :)

Last edited:
The exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago. I guess there was more fuss about that one because it was a weekend and more people were online trying to play pirates competitively. Seemed like within 15 minutes of Amy hearing about it, it was fixed.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
I'm currently having the same issue, since I use and prefer MyVMKPal. It's impossible and pointless to attend the Host events when my avatar isn't appearing. The Main Street places are wonky as well, the Halloween and Christmas themes are appearing but with the normal music in the background...

Fruits

When I log in with the launch ( legacy, not recommended ), that's the only way I can play games. My character will not show up. I tried the one that says ( download windows no shock wave ) and that does not work for me. The one that says ( download windows ) also does not work. And Alpha , you can not play games. So, if you can fix the ( legacy, not recommended ) log in to show my character, I can play games again and be able to buy the items you put in the game. This no character problem just started early this morning and I cleaned my computer and all other things you have to do. And my Character still does not show up...
1. Legacy and the download for windows (myvmkpal) are the old client. They both seem to be having a bugs and issues, and aren’t recommended to play on as much since most of us are using Alpha.

2. You can play games on Alpha. The only game not working is jungle cruise.
I too have been having issues for awhile. I logged in a bit ago and saw no character in any room I went. Is there a remedy for this issue yet?
Alpha and the the other clients are totally useless. The only thing the new client is good for is going in rooms and catching bb8's. They've made the game unplayable by releasing a client that has serious flaws and bugs. It's nice that they tried to make the game playable for Mac players, but they ruined the fun for people who like to play pirates and haunted mansion.
I am having issues logging into the old mac client as well. That is the only way i can change my signature so thats why I was on it. But I am only seeing empty rooms and none of the buttons on the bottom of the screen are working. is anyone else having this problem???
I am having the same issues with MyVMKPal. I really like using Pal and hope this is fixed real soon.
Since you cannot play Jungle Cruise on New Client, I rely on MyVMKPal so I can play JC,
I'll try that. I appreciate your help. :)
MyVMKPal does the exact same thing.

This appears to be a new issue that just started a day or two ago. I'm unable to find a solution so far.

Some things work when you login to the game using the old client through MyVMKPal, while others do not.

When you login, you can't see any characters, not even yourself. Some buttons like Start a Game in potc are dimmed. You can see your inventory, but you cannot activate the clothes changer. You cannot see any chat.

Any suggestions @VMK_Simba or anyone else?

The new alpha client seems to be working, but for us potc players, isn't optimal for playing potc yet.

Thanks, mateys.
Same issues on MyVMKPal and Legacy. So, I can't play Jungle Cruise game. :(
Thanks @RoseBonbon. That's another other good example of the issue that I didn't mention.

When I login using the old client through MyVMKPal, I can start a jungle cruise game but I can't see my character, or any fuel or film to pickup. Therefore, once I am out of film or fuel, the game is over.

Hopefully, something can be done to resolve said issues :)
The exact same thing happened a couple of weeks ago. I guess there was more fuss about that one because it was a weekend and more people were online trying to play pirates competitively. Seemed like within 15 minutes of Amy hearing about it, it was fixed.
I'm currently having the same issue, since I use and prefer MyVMKPal. It's impossible and pointless to attend the Host events when my avatar isn't appearing. The Main Street places are wonky as well, the Halloween and Christmas themes are appearing but with the normal music in the background...
I'm having the same problem. I can't see myself on the mac client (which is the one I use) and the other ones. Will you guys be working on this?
Any communication from staff would be welcomed here..
Tagging everyone that had replied to having this issue. Amy replied saying she fixed the issues you may have been having! :) Just letting people get the notification!

Thanks Amy<3