Phone Application

Although phone coding can get tricky, I thought any idea is worth sharing incase someone see's it and thinks of an even better idea from it!

So as the title says, my idea is to create a myVMK phone app. This doesn't mean have the game available on the phone (because I know that is quite a lot of work) but rather have an application where you can access your account, see your credits and friends online as well as message your friends. Also being able to see updates and perhaps have access to the forums through this app. It could even be simply a blog app where you can just read news on the game from the staff and not include any of the fancy dancy account settings or messaging.
Just speaking from someone obsessed with VMK, being able to take it with me where ever I go seems like a pretty cool world :)

Let me know what you think and what other ideas you have or want to see in the app!
Ideas for the app name could be: myVMK Buzz, OnDaGo myVMK

Thanks for reading!

Just FYI: the forums can be accessed through an app called Tapatalk, which is available on Apple, Android, and Windows phones.
Thanks for letting me know! But this app I had more in mind would be separate from the forums (though being able to access it through it would be a plus).

John

If you can't play the game what is the point of having an application?
You can just message people through the forums or get their phone numbers if you want to talk to them.
Why do you need to know the amount of credits you have while with your friends having lunch? You can't buy anything in the game with those credits, nor can you earn any more of them.

my only complaint with Tapatalk is that it doesn't access the Shoutbox, but it's great otherwise
as other members have said, we don't really need a phone app that does more than accessing the forum

Personally I think it would be cool if a simple mini-game was available for our phones. Usually my free time happens when I'm away from my computer, so it would be great to be able to earn credits in my free time.
I know how much work that would be, but hey. Wishful thinking!

Goddess

Where did 4 years go?!
If you go on the forums on your internet app you can access the shoutbox and all the threads, separate sections for forums. And you can access your account information for the game (credits, etc.) on beta.myvmk.com on your phone/tablet you just can't run the game client as far as I know.

Baka

I actually like this idea. It wouldn't be extremely difficult, and I could probably make a mock-up pretty quickly. If someone were to make an app, it'd most likely be android-only since Apple Developer licenses are expensive.. but I'll have that license in a few months.. I could probably mock up an app and see if the powers-that-be think it could be useful. I'd have a lot of fun doing it!

It'd really only be worth it if we could port a game to the mobile app. The easiest to implement would be Blast in Space, or maybe even make up an entirely new game. I'd probably use it all the time if you could earn some credits from it xD