Please pray for my dogs

Zoey

Yesterday my two 3 year old pit bulls were attacked by bigger ones and they're in really bad shape. They're the neighbors behind us and their dogs dug under the fence and got into our backyard.

My brown dog has a huge hole in her chest (warning this might freak you out) and you can literally see inside her. She's not bleeding as hard as she was but we used some dog medications on her that my dad has for his guard dog. And the skin on her nose is completely gone. She has scratches all over her, broken nails, etc.

My tan dog doesn't have serious wounds like my brown dog but I'm very worried about him. He was bit on the neck and he can't drink water or eat right. His face is puffy and swollen. Worst of all there's something wrong with his eyes. They're all red and droopy and they were never like that before. His eyes are looking down the other way and the third eyelid is near his pupils. I was doing some research with my brother and we got things like "your dog can lose his eyesight" and "your dog can get permanent damage to the eyes".

I WANT to take both of them to the vet but it's night and there's none open at this hour and it's Sunday tomorrow. I kept telling my step-dad to take them both yesterday but he wouldn't listen to any of us and now he's regretting it. I don't have a car or the money to take them which sucks.

Yes I feel like a terrible, terrible dog owner. None of this wouldn't have happened if they weren't both let out at the same time and no one in my family will confess who did it. I'm always with them, I'd have them lying next to me while I play Myvmk and I'd feed them twice a day. I give them baths, I play with them outside, they're the closest family I have.

As soon as the vet opens Monday that's when we have to take them.

I seriously feel like crying when I look at them. PLEASE pray for my dogs everyone, I love them so much and it breaks my heart to see them like this. I really want both to get better they don't deserve any of this pain.

philitup

The Internet Champion!
So sorry to hear that. I don't like the type of people that have dogs in a community that are on attack mode, it's just a pain for everyone else to worry about them. I hope your dogs get better, though.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened. I hope that they'll be okay. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers. I hope for the best and am here for you if you need someone to talk to. Stay strong. <3

Zoey

Thank you so much for your support guys!! I have great news too! :) My step-dad found an emergency vet open near by and we took them this morning. My brown dog got stitches on her wound and some more antibiotics on her scratches and nose. My tan dog had his eyes checked out and they said that the muscles were bruised/strained so when they're healed his eyes will go back to normal & he received some eye drops. And his face looks better it's not as swollen anymore. And as for his throat he was put on some medications for that and he's been drinking more and eating more now.

My dogs are getting better and now I can get some sleep! Prayers have been answered so thank you!:halcyon::halcyon:

raemoon

twitter.com/mafuriko
So happy to hear your dogs are recovering... We are animal lovers here in my house too and I dunno what we'd do if our dog was attacked like yours. She's not like a dog, she's just like a little toddler in our house :halcyon:

iamabigdisfan

So sorry to hear what happened. I've had dogs all my life. You're not a terrible dog owner. You did nothing to provoke this. Glad your pets were treated for their wounds and doing better!!
Ask the neighbor to pay the vet bills and fix the fence!!!

Last edited:

Lazynez

I didn't see this thread until today, but being a dog love myself, I am so sorry you had to go through that. I have 5 little ones myself and I'd be crushed if they got that...hurt. But you shouldn't blame yourself for anything. Sometimes, life just happens. But I am super happy hearing you guys found an animal hospital to get them treated. Good luck with the remainder of their recovery!

Littlebelle

Smile and the world smiles with you
I am so happy to hear your fur babies are doing so much better. Hugs I know how much they mean. I am glad they should be ok. Just keep watching the wounds. And doing everything the vet says to do.