PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has come to my attention that users feel like they are able to post content now that is completely out of line with our standards.

I think you guys are forgetting that just because we allowed you all to post very vocal/not-so-nice opinions on a very specific set of threads, doesn't mean you are allowed to continue the disrespect/flaming elsewhere. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. If you really must say something and you know it isn't going to be very nice, try to say it in the kindest manner possible.

That being said, if you see some editing done in threads around the kingdom, know that the above reason is why. The forum staff have never tolerated disrespect like we have seen in threads recently posted (see below), and it was very difficult for us to sit by and let those things slide.

The following threads are the threads that we have been extremely lenient on:

http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/my-perspective-on-recent-events.49677/
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/my-apology-and-looking-to-the-future.49669/
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/clarifications-on-recent-changes.49542/

This is the thread to post on for all issues pertaining to the ones linked above:
http://forums.myvmk.com/threads/current-issues-with-myvmk-may-2015.49946

We will continue to be lenient to a certain extent, but everywhere else on the forums we still hold strict standards. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact me or any of the other forum staff team.

Thanks for understanding!

Last edited:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Ok my question though is why are some posts that are clearly breaking rules being ignored time and time again yet others that aren't breaking any rules are being edited and removed? For example, the post with a screenshot of a room Amy had made for MelodyTimeyWhimey was removed...why???? What rule is that breaking???

Lost

Ok my question though is why are some posts that are clearly breaking rules being ignored time and time again yet others that aren't breaking any rules are being edited and removed? For example, the post with a screenshot of a room Amy had made was removed...why???? What rule is that breaking???
Not that I am speaking on behalf of staff or anything, but if you see a post you feel is breaking the rules then report it. The screenshot in question was probably removed because it brought negative attention to a certain player who may have felt like it was an attack. I asked a similar question and was told that pictures and gifs are less tolerated if they are negative/ attacking on those threads.

-----

Anyway just want to say thanks to staff and I agree with this. Just because you were lenient with us on an important issue doesn't mean people should feel like they can take advantage of that by breaking rules elsewhere on the forums.

Ok my question though is why are some posts that are clearly breaking rules being ignored time and time again yet others that aren't breaking any rules are being edited and removed? For example, the post with a screenshot of a room Amy had made for MelodyTimeyWhimey was removed...why???? What rule is that breaking???
You would have to link to me the specific content in question, because much has been edited lately and it would take me a while to find it. That being said, sometimes things are deleted because the original poster asked for it to be removed, or if a picture/photo features a person who does not want it posted, they can ask for it to be removed (this can fall under flaming/naming names). Quite often people think we are deleting a thread just because we want to close it down, but about 50% of the time the original thread creator asked us to close the thread because they felt it was getting out of hand.

and my post that was removed that was only clarifying what was said in a chat log....how was that disrespectful?
Again, you would have to link to me the specific incident in question so I can better answer your question.

EVERYONE: Please feel free to PM me any issues you think you have had dealt unfairly, and I'll try my best to sort them out for you.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
You would have to link to me the specific content in question, because much has been edited lately and it would take me a while to find it. That being said, sometimes things are deleted because the original poster asked for it to be removed, or if a picture/photo features a person who does not want it posted, they can ask for it to be removed (this can fall under flaming/naming names). Quite often people think we are deleting a thread just because we want to close it down, but about 50% of the time the original thread creator asked us to close the thread because they felt it was getting out of hand.
This actually made a lot of sense since I didn't know the OP could request certain posts be removed...same goes for the flaming/naming names rule. THANKS!

yay!!!
=D
=D
=D
=D
=D
=D
=D
=D

Tohrukun

honestly its probably because theres been an overwhelming amount of content that they were not prepared to moderate and manage.
but idk what goes behind the scenes with forums staff (ex: how they organize themselves to handle situations like this)

Censorship is real within these forums. :(

I wanted to make a thread about supporting staff, but I wasn't entirely comfortable with it, because I've seen people who try get shot down D:. Plus I thought it might just add to the drama thats going on. <3 But I do want to say thank you all for what you do and the time you dedicate! I'm also proud of how you've attempted to handle recent events.

Zelena

Ty for forum staff for letting us voice our opinions. It's obvious everyone is upset/angry/other and having you all not be on a "side" is really awesome and mature.
I know almost everyone has pretty much broken the rules (the not talking bad about each other, especially staff rule) in the last few days and letting us openly be vocal about how we feel is so appreciated. Please keep doing what you're doing.

GuardGirl

Ace is the name, room recreation is the game.
Noted. Thank you for your bit of leniency. I think it's helped the community tremendously to just get everything out. You guys are truly fantastic!

Status
Not open for further replies.