Post teeth extraction pain

emily1313

So I got my wisdom teeth out Friday June 17 everything was good, i went back to him thursday the 23 and got my stitches removed and he said everything was healing beautifully and looked good. I finished my antibiotics the day after and then when i woke up on monday i had really bad pain in my bottom right tooth, my other ones don't hurt anymore but all of a sudden this one does worse. It hurts when i chew ( i don't even have to be chewing on that side) and when i swallow, its like a really bad ache, i looked at it and its not red or swollen or anything it looks pink and perfectly fine. I don't think it could be a dry socket because i had my stitches out already and they were fine and healed when i saw him. It does not look like there is an infection on it , does anyone know what it could be or has anyone experienced this? If it doesn't get better i will have to call the dentist but it's just annoying me because it was only a little sore after the stitches and now its giving me a terrible pain when i interfere with it.

**Also, a half hour after im done eating i can swallow my saliva and bite down without any pain anymore, it's literally when i put food in my mouth

Last edited:
Thats perfectly normal. I didn't even need to go back to the doctor to get mine removed, mine had said to just let them fall on their own and that if I swallow them on accident it wouldn't be harmful. (Not sure what kind of stitches you got, just what I had lol)

I had a similar issue with my bottom right tooth extraction. It took about 3 weeks for the pain to completely subside. If it doesn't look swollen or infected I recommend giving it more time to heal. It's just part of the process.

hotcorndog

You might have a dry socket, I got several and they are super common. If the pain continues or worsens you can talk to your doctor and they will prescribe you more pain medication. Also the stitches will either dissolve or fall out on their own, depending on which you have.

emily1313

I had a similar issue with my bottom right tooth extraction. It took about 3 weeks for the pain to completely subside. If it doesn't look swollen or infected I recommend giving it more time to heal. It's just part of the process.
Thats what i figured it was just weird how the pain got worse after it was feeling less.

You might have a dry socket, I got several and they are super common. If the pain continues or worsens you can talk to your doctor and they will prescribe you more pain medication. Also the stitches will either dissolve or fall out on their own, depending on which you have.
I had the stitches removed by the doctor a week ago almost, i don't think it could be a dry socket because it was already closed and healed when he removed them and i felt the pain a few days after, ill just have to wait and see!