POTC Bugs.

Valkyrie

Not so Active Member
The map loading but the ships don't have been happening a lot for me. Mostly in Round 3.[DOUBLEPOST=1422798153][/DOUBLEPOST]This just recently happened. I don't remember if this was a VMK glitch, but we both collided and were unable to move.

Last edited:

MacPat

Contributor
~ Clouds don't move across the screen
~ Kraken doesn't destroy ship when a ship stays in the same position for a period of time
~ Mini-game doesn't start up correctly [Waiting for other players to enter > 3 > 2 > 1 > FIGHT
~ Starting of the mini-game should be a little bit slower, black screen for a second or two, then the 'Waiting for other players to enter', then the environment loads then the countdown
~ Clicking shouldn't work until after 'FIGHT' even if you can't move beforehand.
~ Not sure if the keyboard [Left/Right] is working, Down for Capture the Flag
~ When a ship is wrecked, it can't be destroyed by other ships.
~ Double clicking on your own wrecked ship should enable the ship to explode and decrease health of nearby enemy ships.
~ Where are the rowboats? There's a chance that crew members escaped.
~ There is no Leveling system in place. A certain amount of winning each level before moving onto the next level
~ Instructions have the original values for most of the stuff talked about
~ If you change the values, maybe you should change the values in the instructions as well. Values as in the rewards.
~ 'Double click and cannonballs will go sailing in different directions'
~ 'Winning three games on level one gets you a bronze key, three wins on level two gets a silver key, and three wins on level three gets a gold key'
~ Pirates Treasure Room? Opening chest and getting prizes. This isn't much of a bug, just a missing part of PoTC.
~ Anything mentioned before this post, the AI and the gold cannons.
~ I don't think this one was mentioned. But things like the pirate ship moving out of the screen once game is finished, it continues to move in the direction commanded by the mouse beforehand. Maybe all the ships should automatically go out of the screen once the game is finished.
~ Ships sometimes overbear each other and go under and/or over non-sea objects.
~ Ships are allowed to pick up Health and Ammo even if player has max health and ammo. I'm not sure if this was on the original game. Maybe it should be kept and give additional points. I think it already does.

Use http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean for reference

Thorn

Make it Green
So twice now I was made completely invincible.
I got to one health, was barely missed, but my health went to 0... but I did not die. As long as I did not touch health, I remained unable to die.

Not an awful bug to happen, but still felt I should report it.

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Ok, a really bad bug that needs to get fixed:

After completing a game, 1 player will be teleported to lobby as-per usual, but it will say "I have left the game! Shame on me!" And everybody else left in the game will be at a frozen screen, with the game not finishing. The past 3 games i have played, i have had to relog because the game will not send me back to the lobby after it is finished.

Jeremy

Experimented 626
These are the bugs I've noticed so far.

NEW:
- Joining a game after it has started
- You can start a game with uneven teams if someone joins or leaves a split second before you start.
-Sometimes you can have 2 health left and be hit by 1 ammo and die. It's kind of the reverse of the living with 0 health, you seem to die with 1 health.
--
- IF YOU ARE ZOMBIED AND GO IN A GAME, YOU CANT SPEAK ALL GAME -.-
- I can't tell if it's due to lag or the servers but the first few games I played were so smooth but recently it's being very clunky. You move forward and the lag moves you backwards.
- On the same note. Sometimes your ship goes hyper speed after a lag spike. Slow boats end up going really fast, as do all ships. Happened a few times. Makes it impossible to play.
- If you say an emote in-game then it stays above your head permanently.
- At the end of the round collisions are turned off and you sail through anything
- You can be alive with 0 health

- 5 people can join a team in the lobby and break a game.

- If you leave a fireworks game early and get glitched then you won't be able to load a POTC game and will have to relog.

- Person who create game can't use the middle button to change teams

- This was a VMK bug but some walls you can run into and get permanently stuck.

- One game the last alive on the enemy team killed me but I had one team mate alive and I had shot ammo, which in tern killed the enemy after I died and the game ended after that round (first round)

- Sometimes round 2 or 3 doesn't load. The map for the round loads but the boats don't load and so you're stuck and have to relog.

- The exit button in a game doesn't work. It just gets rid of the bar and you are stuck in the game still.

- Sometimes you just randomly start gliding off screen mid round and have to relog. Much like at the end of the round where you can't click and collisions are off, the clock stops and you have no control.

- Sometimes when starting a game the first round won't load and will be stuck waiting for players meaning you have to relog.

MISSING:

- Gold fireballs which were rare (once a round?) and could kill someone with 1 piece of ammo.
- If you shot someone with more bullets than you needed to kill them then you would steal not just half their points, but all their points.
- Highscores
- Cant add AIs (This will be tough tbh)
- Not enough ammo spawns in some rounds (should be slightly less health and more ammo)
- When you explode no fire goes off. (This is used to kill alive people who you may have almost killed and is random, you can get 1 fireball or 15 sometimes)
- Kraken
Enjoying the game so far that I forgot that the original did have Gold Cannonballs, AI's and Kraken haha

PlayerOne

I shoot when you're stuck.
Cannonballs do not go away after hitting a dead ship. They turn invisible, but still pass through and can hit other players. It's annoying to die from an invisible cannonball.