Pray for Paris Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I don't think anyone here is trying to be argumentative but they're just trying to bring light to an underlying issue that is clearly seen by releasing a pray for paris pin while ignoring the other tragedies that happened at the same time by the same group of people to get across the same message.
Everyone thinks this was a very nice gesture by you and we all do pray for paris because what happened was terrible. We all know someone who was affected by this and it has hit close to home for a lot people. I am not against adding a pin to support all the innocent lives gone from these tragedies, I'm only against focusing on one tragedy.

It's extremely unfair in my opinion to compare this with blacklivesmatter. Blacklivesmatter is a movement that brings to light the injustices black people face when dealing with police brutality and white privilege. What we're trying to call out in this thread is the discrimination between western and non-western countries. We're focused on all the victims or terrorism, not just the european ones. (Also btw most victims of terror are in middle eastern countries. Most people that die from the hands of terrorists are innocent muslims). We're calling out how the western media discriminates between what tragedies to show. We are not saying "hey this group of people died, well suck it up people die everyday", we're saying "it is terrible that this group of people died, but it is also terrible that this other group of people died by the hands of the same people."

The last thing I want people to get away from my message is that we should belittle the importance of paris because that is not what I am trying to do at all. My heart and prayers go out to everyone that was affected in Paris. There is nothing wrong in adding a pin to support paris, but do not say it is belittling the paris tragedy if you add a pin to honor all the innocent people that died because of the terror attacks that happened on the same day. Because as a human being I find that very offensive.
I agree with a lot of what you said, but to clarify: when I compared it to BLM I was comparing the RESPONSE people had to BLM, not the actual case.

I saw a picture the other day of a sad Belle holding the eiffel tower in her hands with a peace sign on it (karenhallionart on instagram).. I think if we were to have something, something along the lines of that would be nice. Both disney related and showing support.

I thought this clip fit starting at 1:40 to 2:10

In my thoughts and opinions and after thinking this through, I personally think we should pray for ISIS. Pray for them to wake up one morning, and realize what they are doing is wrong, causing chaos will only make the world collapse in itself. And if that's what you want then ok. But pray for them to decide what's right and what's wrong. Then we can end this terror. (If your offended, I'm sorry, it's just what I feel)

Jacob

Professional Housewife
To the ones who want to have other flags, come up with a design and submit it like Jacob did.
literally thank u like i made this pin in particular because paris is very close to me. at the time i made this i barely even knew about the other tragedies either, but that isnt even the point.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
For ways to help people of recent tragedy who may be thousands of miles from where you are, be sure to look into their local International Committee of the Red Cross organizations. For France: https://soutenir.croix-rouge.fr/ For Beirut: http://www.redcross.org.lb/index.aspx?pageid=907 and so on.

you? No you made this thread about a pin that has no relation to Disney.. The pin has a nice sentiment though it can be controversial to some people and ultimately has no correlation to this game so there's really no point in discussing it anymore. If you want to show support wear the French flag pin
There's a lot of things in the game now that have 0 correlation to Disney. And alternatively, as you can see in the thread, there are people who feel the pin is controversial and there are others who don't. This is a debate thread for debating, so yes, there is a point to discussing it further for those who feel they can still do so in a respectful, civil manner.

Last edited:
you? No you made this thread about a pin that has no relation to Disney.. The pin has a nice sentiment though it can be controversial to some people and ultimately has no correlation to this game so there's really no point in discussing it anymore. If you want to show support wear the French flag pin
oh my god just agree to disagree the "no correlation to the game" argument is out the window is the green flip hat you wear all the time related to Disney in anyway I don't ever recall seeing that in any Disney movie or the dio de los muertos pin, let's roll pin, the ghast mask from Doctor who etc the list can literally go on. This pin was a nice way to show support for Paris it wasn't trying to derail or not show support for the other countries

Jacob

Professional Housewife
oh my god just agree to disagree the "no correlation to the game" argument is out the window is the green flip hat you wear all the time related to Disney in anyway I don't ever recall seeing that in any Disney movie or the dio de los muertos pin, let's roll pin, the ghast mask from Doctor who etc the list can literally go on. This pin was a nice way to show support for Paris it wasn't trying to derail or not show support for the other countries

Neda

I am no artist neither, I have found these flag images on google and doctored them a bit in Microsoft paint.
Love this♥, Unfortunately there's another tragedy that happened in Nigeria so that would be another one to pay respect for.

I understand why this post was made. Jacob only meant well and it was just an "idea"/"suggestion" so there's no reason to jump down on one another.
The world is suffering and it's just getting scarier and scarier as time goes on we're just trying to escape the harsh reality by coming on to this fun nostalgic game.
The truth is there's just too many tragedies going on to even single one in particular out so maybe the idea of the heart-shaped world pin would be the best fit for what's going on right now, if any.

Hopefully what I said made sense because my mind is just racing with things I want to say and I never know how to say it so this is probably a jumbled mess of sentences.

I have been watching this thread with interest. I do like the pin and I totally understand why Jacob made it, however I feel that it shouldn't be put into the game.

My reasons? There are too many terrorist atrocities at the moment across the world and you can't really do a pin just for one country, no matter how close it/the people are to your heart. There would have to be a pin for each and every country, probably for each single atrocity, and that would be too many individual pins. God forbid but how would you honour France if something happened on the anniversary or in a couple of months time? Another LoveParis pin with 2016 emblazoned across it? Actually I am quite dismayed that nobody else in this thread has mentioned the Egyptian airline disaster taking those holiday-makers home. What about them? What about honouring all the school shootings where so many kids have lost their lives, and Ferguson and and and... where would it stop?

If anything we should have a universal peace pin, either of the international peace sign inside the heart; planet earth inside the heart or even a simple dove/olive branch inside the heart (yes, I do like the heart design very much).

Thank you though Jacob for allowing others to voice their opinions and not shutting this thread down :hug:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I have been watching this thread with interest. I do like the pin and I totally understand why Jacob made it, however I feel that it shouldn't be put into the game.

My reasons? There are too many terrorist atrocities at the moment across the world and you can't really do a pin just for one country, no matter how close it/the people are to your heart. There would have to be a pin for each and every country, probably for each single atrocity, and that would be too many individual pins. God forbid but how would you honour France if something happened on the anniversary or in a couple of months time? Another LoveParis pin with 2016 emblazoned across it? Actually I am quite dismayed that nobody else in this thread has mentioned the Egyptian airline disaster taking those holiday-makers home. What about them? What about honouring all the school shootings where so many kids have lost their lives, and Ferguson and and and... where would it stop?

If anything we should have a universal peace pin, either of the international peace sign inside the heart; planet earth inside the heart or even a simple dove/olive branch inside the heart (yes, I do like the heart design very much).

Thank you though Jacob for allowing others to voice their opinions and not shutting this thread down :hug:
This! Since there have been so many deaths and attacks in this past month, and you can't make a pin for every single one of them, I think it would be great to see a pin of the earth with a heart somewhere in/outside it.

Just read through this thread and wanted to share something.

Last Sunday, I passed by Nohemi Gonzalez's vigil on my campus. There were over 2,000 people there. The amount of support that I saw there was just unbelievable to me. To be honest, it got me emotional. All of those people were there for this one student. This particular student was at the wrong place at the wrong time. She was Mexican-American. She was a design student. She had a story. That horrific event hit me once I realized someone from my own community was wrongfully killed. But also, something else hit me: She wasn't alone. There were over a 100 people that were killed in France. Everything was put into perspective once I saw those two thousand people at the vigil. This type of an event affects thousands. They all had stories.

Then, when I got home that night, I logged onto this place called the Internet. On Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and even Instagram, I saw several posts about the other horrific events that were occurring in the world (most of which have already been mentioned on this thread). These events have been killing thousands of innocent souls for years. People in third world countries are continuously being killed, yet their stories are often not shown in the media, particularly in America.

I'm sure that this pin did not have any ill intentions. Am I offended by this pin? No. It's a freaking heart pin. What does bother me though, is that Paris isn't the only one suffering. There are real people being killed out there, just like Nohemi. As much as we would like, we cannot just create a pin for every single atrocity that occurs in the real world. Show your support by going to these memorial services, offering aid, being involved in the political process, raising awareness on other global events like the one in Paris. This is heavy stuff that deserves more attention, but we shouldn't be giving attention to just a small portion of those affected. A world pin would be a better alternative, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.