Pre-registration

It would be great to pre-register for user names before the game opens, so we'll all be ready for Day One! Does anyone know if that is part of the plan? After seeing the pictures of the fireworks game and the dragon, my friends and I are getting pretty stoked!

there's a vfk scrub named Aceyy..
Seriously.. why ?? You know Acey is taken; why would you use a name so similar?!

Acey said:
Seriously.. why ?? You know Acey is taken; why would you use a name so similar?!
That's like when I saw someone who made the name "Disneyy" LOL was like.. Bro... no.

If it isn't possible for Amy to get it up AND redo the whole game can we all agree not to take names that we know are already taken? Please? (:

Kitten

Kittens inspired by kittens!
Disney said:
Acey said:
That's like when I saw someone who made the name "Disneyy" LOL was like.. Bro... no.

LOL the girl named "Kittens" who apologized to me when she saw me.

Jasmine

Kitten said:
LOL the girl named "Kittens" who apologized to me when she saw me.
LOL.
I was JessJ on OVMK, because it kept telling me "Jess" was taken. I always ran into "Jess.", but never into any plain "Jess", though people said they saw her...

Squid

I'd like to have pre-registration for the fact that you'll be able to get in he game easier but as far as name taking is concerned, I think that's a little bit.. out of hand (?)-for lack of better term-. I don't think anyone has to worry about getting their names taken; it hasn't been an issue before.

But now someone is going to take my title because I said it..

Jasmine

Squid said:
I'd like to have pre-registration for the fact that you'll be able to get in he game easier but as far as name taking is concerned, I think that's a little bit.. out of hand (?)-for lack of better term-. I don't think anyone has to worry about getting their names taken; it hasn't been an issue before.

But now someone is going to take my title because I said it..
..It was an issue for quite a few of us, actually. I think it was more of a bug with the registration system though. Lots of us chose names we didn't want or added variations to be able to get in-game.

I agree that it's a good idea, but I also agree that names can and probably will be taken even if you pre-register. Sadly, it's first come, first serve.

HAHA. I hope not :(.

Snaps

mischief managed
on vfk my name was Fearless and everyone called me Fear, i was popular-ish around the garden and such
well one day this girl changed her title
to Fear

it was really confusing and frankly i was annoyed lol
especially since she knew me and knew that i was known as Fear
it was really confusing from then on because people though she was me

I think a more effective way to do this might be to limit each computer connecting to 1 account actually. You only get 1 name on day 1. No stealing peoples names with alts, and this would be lifted after a day.

Monorail

The_Jedi_Master said:
I think a more effective way to do this might be to limit each computer connecting to 1 account actually. You only get 1 name on day 1. No stealing peoples names with alts, and this would be lifted after a day.
This wouldn't be optimal for people sharing a computer.

Jess said:
LOL.
I was JessJ on OVMK, because it kept telling me "Jess" was taken. I always ran into "Jess.", but never into any plain "Jess", though people said they saw her...
Jess said:
..It was an issue for quite a few of us, actually. I think it was more of a bug with the registration system though. Lots of us chose names we didn't want or added variations to be able to get in-game.

I agree that it's a good idea, but I also agree that names can and probably will be taken even if you pre-register. Sadly, it's first come, first serve.

HAHA. I hope not :(.
Not to be rude, but Jess/Jessica are pretty common names, and a lot of people liked using their real life names in OVMK. It shouldn't really be too upsetting/surprising that someone got that name before you did, since it seemed pretty popular in OVMK (I saw Jess., JessJ, and Jess, I would think there was a Jessie and Jessica, too, but I didn't see them)

The forums and game itself are separate things, and it would be pretty ridiculous if someone took, say, AthleticAisha in game who wasn't AthleticAisha on the forums, since that's a unique name, but names like Jess, eevee, etc, are different since they are already popular and well known things

This wasn't worded very well, but I think I got my point across? I didn't mean to sound rude, it's just that there's a difference between an already well known name and a name someone made up unique to themselves.

That being said, I don't think we should be able to reserve names before the game is open, that just makes it more complicated than it has to be and could potentially cause fighting. If you don't get the name you want, there are always lots of other options, like a Disney character or an animal or object. Make sure to have backup names you like in case you don't get the one you really want.

Cat

I do agree that it would be nice to secure our names
But I think they're still deciding whether or not they should sort of wipe our OVMK accounts?
I'm not sure what the deal is with that, but we could still start with our old accounts and the only thing that wouldn't be wiped is our FL.