Project Relive the People (Sword in Stone)

Gamecrazy

This thread is regarding the rate in which people get Sword and Stone single use by riding the Fantasyland rides. I see lots of people waste their day trying to get the pins monthly, and I also see for myself having non-sword and stone streaks. My solution to people who spend all their time on MyVMK trying to get the pins is to establish a system in which I call "Project Relieve the People".

This idea pretty much purely supports everyone who rides a ride on the game gets a Sword in Stone Magic Single Use every time they ride. This still keeps the rarity of the pins, but at the same time lowers frustration, as it is hard enough to get the pins with even having the Sword in Stone Magic. The rate in which you get the pins or credits will remain the same.

The difference between VMK and MyVMK with the ride pins however is that there was always only one pin set consisting of 4 pins within the time span of 2 years, versus MyVMK has a new set every month. So you don't get nearly as much time to get the pins, but of course we all want pins ever month so that's why I think people should get the sword and stone magic each time for more opportunity :)

Last edited:

Thorn

Make it Green
I like this idea. So far since the new pins were released, I've ridden the dark rides for approx. 5 hours non-stop and have a single, unrare pin to show for it... Very frustrating.

HaleighRose

Shut up, and dance with me!
Yes thank you!
I was riding for a good two hours (while cleaning the house) and I only got 3 pins.... It seriously put me in a pretty bad mood, because I kinda wasted my time... Then when I used the three I got nothing (I understand how that works), but I would like to at least get a pin every other time I ride so when I do use the pins my chances are actually reasonable...I know its part of the game and that's how it works but it's pretty frustrating sometimes..

mark

10 mins late to everything
not every time because the ride would barely have a point and the Sit its self eouldnt have a rarity. I say higher the chance because we all know its obvious that they lowered the chance of getting the pin. It was frustrating after me trying to play and come back to vmk after a little while it stressed me how it took so long to get a pin and i just quit riding again.[DOUBLEPOST=1407357445][/DOUBLEPOST]
I like this idea too, but maybe if they implement it then they might consider putting these babies back in;
What are those i forgot :(

Myth

not every time because the ride would barely have a point and the Sit its self eouldnt have a rarity. I say higher the chance because we all know its obvious that they lowered the chance of getting the pin. It was frustrating after me trying to play and come back to vmk after a little while it stressed me how it took so long to get a pin and i just quit riding again.[DOUBLEPOST=1407357445][/DOUBLEPOST]
What are those i forgot :(
They're turnstiles which charge you 10 credits to ride the ride each time.

Amy had said something about splitting the chances of getting SITS pins, basically, for those who have a frequent streak of getting no Sword pins, you might have an equal streak of getting them. I'm not sure the setup, but she did bring this point up when someone had asked about "the rides not liking" that person lol. Though it isn't every single time, I feel like if she does do what she had mentioned, it will be a lot more fair in how the SITS pins are received than riding 30 times a day and getting 4 SITS pins.

Cat

I would rather the pins be updated less frequently than for the rides to spit out a SIT every time. For several reasons:
  • It would (contrary to what you say) lower the 'rarity' of the pins, more people would be able to pull the sword therefor more people would be pulling the pins. It wouldn't change the odds of actually pulling a pin, but it would change the odds of getting a pin (once you factor in the odds of getting one after a ride).
  • It would virtually kill the popularity of the rides. As it is now, the rides are something to do while there's no games released and no host events going on. Because it would decrease the 'rarity', it would be easier to obtain them in the long run-- making the rides dead once the first week of the month has passed and everyone has obtained all the pins they want.
  • As much as I hate to say it, SITs are used for in-game currency. Although I have never used either personally, but since gift cards were removed from the game, people traded SITs in bulk for items they want as an alternative to a credit spree or giftcard.

Personally, I don't really care for the rides, and I don't often try to obtain the pins from it because they are not the original pins from the original game anyways. I think, overall though, a better solution would be to just keep the pins/prizes in the sword (maybe add a larger pool of prizes) for a longer period of time. Why do the pins have to match that month's theme anyways? It never made a lot of sense to me. I don't think your solution would have the effect you intended, but this is just my two cents.

gravebound

not actually a grave
i agree with making it every time. i hardly ever do the rides now because i have horrible luck and i think i've only ever gotten eight sits since i started playing in january. there's just no point and thus i miss out on a lot of pins i want, especially now that i don't have as much time as i did to ride peter pan for six hours for one sits pin that doesn't work.

Gamecrazy

I would rather the pins be updated less frequently than for the rides to spit out a SIT every time. For several reasons:
  • It would (contrary to what you say) lower the 'rarity' of the pins, more people would be able to pull the sword therefor more people would be pulling the pins. It wouldn't change the odds of actually pulling a pin, but it would change the odds of getting a pin (once you factor in the odds of getting one after a ride).
  • It would virtually kill the popularity of the rides. As it is now, the rides are something to do while there's no games released and no host events going on. Because it would decrease the 'rarity', it would be easier to obtain them in the long run-- making the rides dead once the first week of the month has passed and everyone has obtained all the pins they want.
  • As much as I hate to say it, SITs are used for in-game currency. Although I have never used either personally, but since gift cards were removed from the game, people traded SITs in bulk for items they want as an alternative to a credit spree or giftcard.

Personally, I don't really care for the rides, and I don't often try to obtain the pins from it because they are not the original pins from the original game anyways. I think, overall though, a better solution would be to just keep the pins/prizes in the sword (maybe add a larger pool of prizes) for a longer period of time. Why do the pins have to match that month's theme anyways? It never made a lot of sense to me. I don't think your solution would have the effect you intended, but this is just my two cents.
If the pins were updated less frequently on the rides, then the pins ready to be released would probably be on sale each week or month for 500 credits, which would be alright, but I enjoy the sense of achievement from getting these pins. I understand that the rides are overpopulated, and I am hoping that getting sword in stone every time will help with that, it should double the odds of getting the pins, but still keeping them rare-ish due to failing to pull the stone with a pin.

I appreciate your opinion on the matter.

I've ridden the rides quite a lot, taking the time to get quite a few SITS. My problem with it is that it ended up being a complete waste of time and I don't want to do it again. I got 1500 credits for all the hours I spent getting around 25 pins, and I could make that same amount of credits in an hour alone. I just don't think it's worth the time, even if the pins are rare. I've found if a ride isn't giving me the SITS pins that I just change rides, and eventually it'll give me some, so I don't think getting the pins is an issue (at least from my experience). It's the low chance of getting a good payoff that is a problem to me, because yes, it does take a lot of time, but that time SHOULD pay off, and at the moment it doesn't unless you're very lucky. After spending so much time getting the pins and you get no payoff, you don't really want to do it again because it really does feel like a complete waste of time unless you win something rare, and that has yet to happen to me.

Bindingkey

I ride the rides when I am busy watching a show or doing something else. So I do not find it a waste of time :)
This as well. Not to say I don't feel the accomplishment of getting a SIT rare pin, but it's not really something I devote particular attention to in the first place because of how hard it is to even get a SIT pin in the first place. I engage in the challenge when I'm bored and want something to do, but I can recognize that some people are more engaged in it than me and I can understand it's incredibly difficult to get it.

In all honesty, while I do think the odds should be raised a tiny bit, I don't think it should be raised significantly. The whole point of this SIT pins is to be rare, even more rare to actually pull the sword. It's a matter of chance and if you don't pull it, honestly it's not a big deal. Why should we make a big deal out of this just because we don't succeed at something that isn't intended to happen every single time you participate in it?

gravebound

not actually a grave
Why should we make a big deal out of this just because we don't succeed at something that isn't intended to happen every single time you participate in it?
except no one's asking for it to happen every single time you participate in it. it's making sure everyone has a fair chance at getting one, instead of rewarding those who spend hours a day riding, which a lot of people can't do or don't want to because they'd rather be doing other things.
lower the odds, even. just give everyone an equal shot at the prize.

Bindingkey

except no one's asking for it to happen every single time you participate in it. it's making sure everyone has a fair chance at getting one, instead of rewarding those who spend hours a day riding, which a lot of people can't do or don't want to because they'd rather be doing other things.
lower the odds, even. just give everyone an equal shot at the prize.
i'm exaggerating, i mean it shouldn't be so easy for everyone to get at least one, what's the rarity in that. What makes sense is, sure you can get one but not the extremely rare pins. That's different, and that's fine. But if they're all equally rare then what makes it special if it's easy for everyone to get? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying there should be a challenge and an advantage to getting a SIT pin. That way, at least you get something, but just not the BIG prize so easily.

gravebound

not actually a grave
i'm exaggerating, i mean it shouldn't be so easy for everyone to get at least one, what's the rarity in that. What makes sense is, sure you can get one but not the extremely rare pins. That's different, and that's fine. But if they're all equally rare then what makes it special if it's easy for everyone to get? I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just saying there should be a challenge and an advantage to getting a SIT pin. That way, at least you get something, but just not the BIG prize so easily.
alright, but what i'm not getting here is how sits is a prize at all. it's just the key you get for the effort and your shot at the stone. it's kind of like saying the coins you put in a slot machine are a prize, too.
also im not even mentioning the pins rarity. im not saying everyone should pull a prize pin. and if everyone does get a sits from riding, the odds would have to be lowered to compensate. the pins and credits you pull would still be very rare and it would still be a challenge to get them.
sits would still be used as currency, because people are always going to do anything to buy more chances, and trading for 20+ sits is still going to be faster than sitting through 20+ rides.

Cat

alright, but what i'm not getting here is how sits is a prize at all. it's just the key you get for the effort and your shot at the stone. it's kind of like saying the coins you put in a slot machine are a prize, too.
also im not even mentioning the pins rarity. im not saying everyone should pull a prize pin. and if everyone does get a sits from riding, the odds would have to be lowered to compensate. the pins and credits you pull would still be very rare and it would still be a challenge to get them.
sits would still be used as currency, because people are always going to do anything to buy more chances, and trading for 20+ sits is still going to be faster than sitting through 20+ rides.
Sorry to interject here, but what would be the point of rewarding a SIT to everyone who rode just to lower the odds of achieving anything from the stone? Doesn't this defeat your original purpose-- to decrease the amount of time required to earn the pins in the stone? I fail to see the purpose in doing this, I don't know what benefit it would give to anyone.
Also, instead of people trading in bulk for SITs, it would turn to super bulk, because they become five times easier to get. Giving a SIT every time you ride would have the reverse effect of everything you mention in the long run.

You say the key is the reward you get for the effort you gave. Effort for what? Clicking once, entering a series of digits and afk'ing for the 3 minutes you ride through the ride? I feel like it's much more rewarding to be awarded a SIT after riding it a few times.

I think our best option here would be to revert back to the original way VMK did things. You pay 10 credits to ride, have the chance at getting a SIT, and can pull a sword for a chance at a large pool of prizes that only changes every few months.