Race To Be Our Guest

While I get that it's supposed to be a racing event, is there anyway to make it a bit more involved? How this game's coded has it so that whoever clicks on a spot first will go to that spot, it doesn't matter if you are one space away or fifty spaces away, whoever clicks the spot first will get it. So it's basically whoever clicks first and/or anticipates the "GO!" first, will win the event. Before you all say, "well of course Arvin, it's called "RACE To Be Our Guest", of course whoever clicks first will win", someone could be clicking a split second before the Host actually says Go and they'll win and it's nearly impossible if not impossible to see whether or not they went a split second early, or a split second of lag will make you automatically lose, which makes this event more a game of chance rather than a race. My suggestion would be to add more tiers of chairs to sit in before the finish line or make us light candles/fireworks along the way or something, it slows down the event by a few seconds per round but atleast it gives a chance for a comeback. Room is cool though.

Last edited:
V

VMK_Stitch

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! This was my first event so I will take any feedback anyone has! :) The whole reason it was a basic race, was to see who could be the quickest to sit in the chairs at the table without any obstacles. I wanted to try something new that no one has really done yet! We have had races in the past but not one like this to my knowledge! The game was designed so the person who clicks the chairs the fastest will win! If a player does click before I say go, we redo the round so that it is fair for everyone. Overall this is a game of speed and you have to be quick to win!

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! This was my first event so I will take any feedback anyone has! :) The whole reason it was a basic race, was to see who could be the quickest to sit in the chairs at the table without any obstacles. I wanted to try something new that no one has really done yet! We have had races in the past but not one like this to my knowledge! The game was designed so the person who clicks the chairs the fastest will win! If a player does click before I say go, we redo the round so that it is fair for everyone. Overall this is a game of speed and you have to be quick to win!
Oh yeah I totally get that it's supposed to be about speed, it is called a race after all and I iterated that in my original post several times. I'm just saying that there are different factors that could lead to people losing easily especially since it's just one thing to click, whether it be lag, or if they click the spot as you are hitting enter (or wherever you have the pre-typed "Go" mapped to). Unless there are time stamps for when people click that you and other staff can see, there is still the chance that people go fractions of a second before "VMK_Stitch: Go!" appears on the screen that won't be caught every time, and the round won't be redone. It happens in all racing events but the different layers of other race events gives a chance for a comeback to address discrepancies such as the situation I described which is my main point. But yeah, I do like the concept of a very simple and basic race and how you implemented it, I just wanted to address a few crucial variables that can affect the event, good job overall though.