Rap Music

Andrew

Hip hop music

This is a thread to discuss hip hop/rap music.

I really like Kendrick Lamar. I was bummed out when watching the Grammy's and seeing him lose to Macklemore.

I also like listening to Eminem, Macklemore, Chance the Rapper, Chief Keef, Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Snoop Lion (aka Snoop Dogg) and Kanye West.

If you have not heard it, I suggest listening to Kendrick Lamar's album "good kid, m.A.A.d city". It is such a great album in my opinion.

Oh, and sometimes I like to go old school and listen to 2pac and Biggie.

Which rappers do you like and/or listen to?

Not a huge fan of rap... But if I do listen to it, it's probably Professor Green, an awesome british dude :) Also: Wiley, Wretch 32, Devlin, Tinie Tempah, Dizee Rascal, Example, B.o.B, Rizzle Kicks, Pitbull (occasionally).

So definitely more Hip Hop/Pop than rap, but still a rap influence for some of those...

MeganTheCreator

If boys had uteruses they'd be called duderuses
I pretty much listen to everything but I love Maad City by Kendrick Lamar
I pretty much like anything as long as its not from young money (besides Drake)

I used to listen to rap when I was younger.
Then I discovered talent, and real music. ;)

Jal

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
lol i dislike rap
but if i can understand what the person's saying and it isn't completely disgusting, i'll jam to it every now and then

I got really into Kanye West a few months ago. Currently listening to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy which is the best album that I've heard made in the last decade.

Jay-Z's also pretty good, and I like a bit of Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, and Talib Kweli every here and there. Totally agree on good Kid, m.A.A.d City. This is why you don't trust the Grammys; MBDTF got snubbed so hard for Best Album a couple of years ago.

Usually, I only listen to Eminem and Macklemore. However, since I've gotten into dancing again, I've been really into hip hop and rap remixes.

But I'm much more into Korean hip hop than American...heh :sweat:

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
Eh, I wouldn't say I'm a fan of rap music, but I do appreciate a good rap once in a while :') So long as the music/lyrics/artist all work together well in a record, I'm sold. Below are some of favorites. All of them are mainstream haha. If anybody knows any good rappers, feel free to send some of their songs my way. Always love listening to new music.

:twist:

• Karmin
  • Too $hort
  • Twista
  • Mackelmore
  • T.I.
  • King Los
  • Future
  • B.O.B
  • Jay-Z

Last edited:
S

Solar

A little hurt hat nobody has brought up childish. Because the internet is arguably my favorite album ever.

A little hurt hat nobody has brought up childish. Because the internet is arguably my favorite album ever.
The thread hasn't been that active, but yea. BTI was a really nice album, still think it's a little tryhard deep just because of the 'script' lol. The music was really nice, experimental.

S

Solar

The thread hasn't been that active, but yea. BTI was a really nice album, still think it's a little tryhard deep just because of the 'script' lol. The music was really nice, experimental.
I see what you mean, but I still enjoyed it a lot.