Real World Trading

Jackal

I was in a trade room earlier and there were a few people arguing back and forth about RWT. One person had admitted to already taking part in a RWT, saying that many others were taking part in it as well, mentioning one person in particular. I was just interested in some peoples' opinions on the subject matter.

RWT... I have seen on many online games, I don't care for it. I just laugh at the people who pay $ for virtual items.
Plus I had a few friends who have paid for things and get scammed in the end so... I don't recommend it in all honesty.

Jasmine

Eh. I don't think its anyone's business, honestly.
If two people participate in it, then alright. They're acknowledging that risk of something going wrong with the trade.
I really don't care about what other people do.

I agree with Jasmine, it's two peoples own arrangements, if both parties are willing then it's their own business.

I don't think it has a negative economical effect, no items are being introduced to the game, just the moving of current items.

Other online games like Habbo etc rely on real world payments for virtual goods to sustain their success, but vmk is obviously different

Jackal

It does have a negative effect on the game, and it is already being taken place on MyVMK, and no action is being taken against it.

PastelRoses

While understand people should be able to use their money as they wish it could negatively affect the game as a whole, kind of like GCs. I personally love the idea of GCs but I think there needs to be a wider range of credits ex. 500, 1000, 2500 etc. If people use real world money a lot of people will see a bigger incentive in trading and won't trade unless it's RWM. Values will be blown out of proportion for virtual items. This will diminish the quality of the game for those who don't have money to spend on it, don't wish the spend money on it, and those who won't partake in it as there is no for sure way in a fair trade both parties have agreed on.
Many of you obviously agree it's a bad idea but think (I'm assuming so by what you have said feel free to correct me) it doesn't affect you. Left untreated and it could easily consume the game. Yes there will still be people playing without RWT but RWT will still be a very prevalent aspect that I don't believe should be allowed in myvmk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

InfinityFay

I remember reading someone paid $150 for a stitch hat back on original VMK.

Will every person with a stitch hat now assume they can make $150 off virtual items?
I don't know, but I'm sure a lot of folks wouldn't get involved with that sort of trading.

I don't understand why it's an issue. Does anyone realize that you pay to play a LOT of online games? Facebook gives you the option to pay for extras, itunes app games have the ability to pay for extras, and if I remember correctly, I thought toontown and club penguin ask you to pay for certain things to get ahead in the game. Also, in VMK didn't you get things for buying them at the parks? This is why I think it's absurd for people to care if you pay with actual money for items. It doesn't seem like it should matter. I feel like people get upset when they can't or don't want to do it themselves. But that's just my opinion. You don't see anyone that is using their OWN money complaining. Why should you? Are they spending YOUR money?