Regarding the Disney College Program

So I applied for the DCP for Fall of 2016, and I was immediately put into submission. It has been a week since I applied, and I am still stuck in submission. My question is, what criteria are the recruiters using for who gets to move on in the application process? For the initial application, it is nothing other than basic information about yourself, like where you live, where you go to school, etc, and the roles in which you are interested. I put down that I had high interest for all but three roles. I have noticed that many people already got the phone interview. I'm just very confused. Honestly, I think that it is based a lot on luck. I think that everyone should at least get the chance to do the Web Based Interview because the WBI goes more in depth with questions, and is a more reliable way to get a glimpse of one's personality and work ethic than the initial application. I know that life isn't fair, this is the real word, and all that, but I personally think Disney could be a little bit more efficient by maybe putting some personality based questions on the initial application or letting everyone take the Web Based Interview. I mean, if I don't get in this time (and it's not looking like I will lol) no big deal, I'll just keep applying each semester. I'm just genuinely confused by this whole process.

kiddy

So I applied for the DCP for Fall of 2016, and I was immediately put into submission. It has been a week since I applied, and I am still stuck in submission. My question is, what criteria are the recruiters using for who gets to move on in the application process? For the initial application, it is nothing other than basic information about yourself, like where you live, where you go to school, etc, and the roles in which you are interested. I put down that I had high interest for all but three roles. I have noticed that many people already got the phone interview. I'm just very confused. Honestly, I think that it is based a lot on luck. I think that everyone should at least get the chance to do the Web Based Interview because the WBI goes more in depth with questions, and is a more reliable way to get a glimpse of one's personality and work ethic than the initial application. I know that life isn't fair, this is the real word, and all that, but I personally think Disney could be a little bit more efficient by maybe putting some personality based questions on the initial application or letting everyone take the Web Based Interview. I mean, if I don't get in this time (and it's not looking like I will lol) no big deal, I'll just keep applying each semester. I'm just genuinely confused by this whole process.
honestly, it's based on luck and when you apply. no one really knows how the process works. the only thing i can think of is, you may get put into submission if there is a high volume of applications at once..
and i know you have probably heard, but there is a chance to get out of submission! sending pixie dust <3

also @jafart or @PirateStewy can probably add to this

I'm literally on the same exact boat as you lol. I was put into submission 2 days ago :/ No idea why. My only reasoning is that I probably applied at a time where there was a high amount of other applicants applying at the same time. Don't lose hope just yet! Applications JUST dropped last week and we still have 3 more months to see if we get pulled out or not! Best of luck to you!

I'm literally on the same exact boat as you lol. I was put into submission 2 days ago :/ No idea why. My only reasoning is that I probably applied at a time where there was a high amount of other applicants applying at the same time. Don't lose hope just yet! Applications JUST dropped last week and we still have 3 more months to see if we get pulled out or not! Best of luck to you!
Thank you! Good luck to you as well! At this point, no news is good news, right? haha

honestly I'm in he same boat, I applied day one, Jan 12, of the apps dropping and been in submission ever since. there are rare occasions where people get out of submission but each semester is different.
I somewhat agree with your statement (a bit of it) "I think that everyone should at least get the chance to do the Web Based Interview because the WBI goes more in depth with questions" because yea we weren't given a chance at all, the fact they apparently never read our applications, but also that some applications aren't so good (no jobs, bad gpa? etc.).
However, I heard multiple stories in the Submission Ohana facebook group (or fall/fallAD 2016 group) that the "acceptance" (in progress) depends on the word use in your application; the computer picks up certain words and those applications are noticed first, due to certain key words? What those words might be? We may never know.
Keep your head high and don't lose hope, we still have till April!!! :rose:

Last edited:

perksofamy

I applied for the disney international program (which is kinda along the same application for the DCP) and it took 7 months for me to hear back from them.
Hopefully you hear back sooner than I did (which you probably will) good luck!

The international college program takes a really long time due to work visas, that paperwork is dreadful! Domestic CPs don't wait longer than 10 weeks to receive a response!

Bird

MyVMKPal Webmaster Dev
I am a DCP alumni as well, I applied, got my WBI instantly and the phone interview the next day. I got accepted about 4 days later. I am available for any questions you may have as well. :) If you didnt get the WBI it means you didnt get it this time.

Pirate

✧☠ Marvel Princess ☠✧
HEY FRIENDS, dcper here! I did the DCP last year so I can answer some questions. as far as the interview and application process, it's RANDOM like a lot of people are superstitious about it and you'll hear everything from "you shouldn't apply the first day" to "they only want this type of person". I can honestly say I applied the minute the apps dropped and I got my WBI a couple of hours later. that being said, I had a friend who applied with me who didn't get their WBI for another week. it really is completely random. the worst part is waiting but if it's meant to be, it will happen. best of luck to all of you <3