Rejection

sooo, lately I had something happen to me recently that adds up with a lot of the talk I hear on twitter & tumblr about problems in today's society. I always hear how girls shouldn't be afraid to tell guys they're uncomfortably or turn them down, because the guy will lash out or do something crazy. I didn't pay too much mind to it, because I had never experienced that first hand, until today. I'm in a relationship and was so beyond polite with how I turned this guy down, and he, in return, sent me long paragraphs of how I needed to stop flattering myself and my ego is inflated and how I'm not a big deal and I mean nothing, etc. and being so verbally abusive because I didn't give him what he wanted. It genuinely made me feel scared.
I know this type of thing can go both ways, boys & girls are both equally capable of lashing out when faced in situations like this, so don't think I'm slamming one gender over another.

I guess I just wanted to share this as a note to both genders; do not be that person who turns into a psychotic jerk when being rejected. be respectful, be understanding. rejection happens, it's part of human nature to be let down at times. but do not make a girl OR boy feel unsafe, and scared because they shared how they felt/gave nothing but honesty. Girls OR boys: do not feel scared to share how you feel. do not let yourself be stuck in a position where you keep going along with it, in fears of how the other might react.

Neda

I always see that one post on Tumblr where it says, "Why can't girls just be honest with guys and say they aren't interested?" followed by news headlines saying the awful things that happened when women reject someone.

These type's of situations worry me so much. I haven't dealt with anything scary when rejecting someone, I've only had some odd replies like "I will always love you." even though I barely knew the guy.

I hope you're feeling okay.:halcyon:

I always see that one post on Tumblr where it says, "Why can't girls just be honest with guys and say they aren't interested?" followed by news headlines saying the awful things that happened when women reject someone.

These type's of situations worry me so much. I haven't dealt with anything scary when rejecting someone, I've only had some odd replies like "I will always love you." even though I barely knew the guy.

I hope you're feeling okay.:halcyon:
Yes! That's the post I've seen too! People are insane, and it's terrifying that you don't know what someone is capable of in situations like these.

I'm doing okay though, that's so sweet of you for wondering! Luckily my momma didn't raise me to put up with boys like this!