Rerelease of Firewalls

I think it'd be great to get more firewalls in the game, since lots of new players have joined the game since they were originally released, plus most of them are owned by certain people, which creates a monopoly on them.

Jasmine

It would probably ruin the economy (or affect it similar to how the removal of gift cards did), but then again, most of the firewalls in game were gotten by excessive cloning so... And the whole firewall release wasn't really fair anyway. But I recall Amy saying if they were re-released, it would be through a quest.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
The problem with firewalls is that most of them are being hoarded. Normally, I wouldn't mind this, but when every stinkin' item is being traded for ONLY firewalls, then that becomes a problem for those who aren't willing to sell their souls to the traders hoarding all the firewalls in the first place. :') I say rerelease the firewalls and we can all eat popcorn and laugh at the destruction of the trading empire. :devil:

AKA, let's find a new way to create a steady way of exchanging items that's fair to everyone and doesn't dump all the power/control of the economy into the hands of select individuals who need their mothers in their lives.

gravebound

not actually a grave
The problem with firewalls is that most of them are being hoarded. Normally, I wouldn't mind this, but when every stinkin' item is being traded for ONLY firewalls, then that becomes a problem for those who aren't willing to sell their souls to the traders hoarding all the firewalls in the first place. :') I say rerelease the firewalls and we can all eat popcorn and laugh at the destruction of the trading empire. :devil:

AKA, let's find a new way to create a steady way of exchanging items that's fair to everyone and doesn't dump all the power/control of the economy into the hands of select individuals who need their mothers in their lives.
the richer get richer, the poorer get poorer.

Myth

I said this before in another thread that had the exact same topic;
If firewalls are rereleased, it's like raising minimum wage. Yes, people will have more walls, awesome, but then the values of everything that are currently valued in walls will increase drastically.
The value of Stitch could go from 55 walls to 200 walls. So even if more are released, it won't reduce the price of bigger values which is a common misconception people seem to think when they suggest ideas like this.

I'm not against it per say, I love firewalls and it would be cool to own as many as I did originally, but I don't regret trading them all for what I have now.
They're a staple in our (somewhat dysfunctional) economy and if they are rereleased, many values will be blown out of proportion or corrupted for a while.

Oreo

LIKE NOBODY'S BIDNEHHZ
I said this before in another thread that had the exact same topic;
If firewalls are rereleased, it's like raising minimum wage. Yes, people will have more walls, awesome, but then the values of everything that are currently valued in walls will increase drastically.
The value of Stitch could go from 55 walls to 200 walls. So even if more are released, it won't reduce the price of bigger values which is a common misconception people seem to think when they suggest ideas like this.

I'm not against it per say, I love firewalls and it would be cool to own as many as I did originally, but I don't regret trading them all for what I have now.
They're a staple in our (somewhat dysfunctional) economy and if they are rereleased, many values will be blown out of proportion or corrupted for a while.
I think you're mistaken. We don't want firewalls to be rereleased because we personally like them/want to own more, but because we think it's problematical that a majority of the firewalls are being hoarded, while at the same time being used to value items. The ONLY form of real currency, especially when it comes to items over 10k (which let's face it, is A LOT of items), are firewalls. If the firewalls are being held by a handful of traders, that means not ONLY does it make it close to impossible (and really it when I say that) to trade for walls, but it also dumps ALL of the power of the trading economy to those select members. Unless things have chanced, last I checked, it's not those select traders job's to handle the economy in ways that are more convenient for them.

Honestly, its not hard to obtain firewalls at all.
I don't see how you figure this. I, alongside a majority of other traders or players, can say that firewalls are extraordinarily hard to obtain, and have been so for a long while. If you don't believe me, start a poll and see how people feel about obtaining firewalls. It's a very hard task, indeed. Especially since people are so unwilling to trade them in the first place.

The whole firewall ordeal is something everybody, even new members, are aware of and have been so for a long, long time. It's just a mature of convincing the proper people in authority that necessary changes need to be made. I really had little to 0 interest in the economy at all for the longest while, and it's not that I really care for it all that much now, but I do care for the fact that because this issue isn't being addressed, it's negatively affecting the game play of a lot of players. Now, I don't know if rereleasing wall is going to cut it, as I haven't really mapped out a big plan of how it'll affect every aspect of the economy/game. However, I do think it would be a step in the right direction to deal with the issue at hand which is that firewalls shouldn't be used as the only form of currency, especially when it's because of a group of members who broke rules to obtain such high amounts of walls.

x_Alison

Bunny Couture
@Psycho if they weren't hard to obtain, everyone would have them.

&

@Myth, I 100% agree with Oreo. Its unfair to players that do not have firewalls especially since that's the currency of trade. But mostly, what I don't understand is why this game always has to be related to real life and taken so seriously. Why does everyone have to be so selfish and care so much about hoarding rare? The rerelease of firewalls is not to inflate values, its to elimate the firewall currency that way its fair for everyone to trade for the items they want. I think its a bit ridiculous to compare to minimum wage. Its a game, not real life.

I think you're mistaken. We don't want firewalls to be rereleased because we personally like them/want to own more, but because we think it's problematical that a majority of the firewalls are being hoarded, while at the same time being used to value items. The ONLY form of real currency, especially when it comes to items over 10k (which let's face it, is A LOT of items), are firewalls. If the firewalls are being held by a handful of traders, that means not ONLY does it make it close to impossible (and really it when I say that) to trade for walls, but it also dumps ALL of the power of the trading economy to those select members. Unless things have chanced, last I checked, it's not those select traders job's to handle the economy in ways that are more convenient for them.

I don't see how you figure this. I, alongside a majority of other traders or players, can say that firewalls are extraordinarily hard to obtain, and have been so for a long while. If you don't believe me, start a poll and see how people feel about obtaining firewalls. It's a very hard task, indeed. Especially since people are so unwilling to trade them in the first place.

The whole firewall ordeal is something everybody, even new members, are aware of and have been so for a long, long time. It's just a mature of convincing the proper people in authority that necessary changes need to be made. I really had little to 0 interest in the economy at all for the longest while, and it's not that I really care for it all that much now, but I do care for the fact that because this issue isn't being addressed, it's negatively affecting the game play of a lot of players. Now, I don't know if rereleasing wall is going to cut it, as I haven't really mapped out a big plan of how it'll affect every aspect of the economy/game. However, I do think it would be a step in the right direction to deal with the issue at hand which is that firewalls shouldn't be used as the only form of currency, especially when it's because of a group of members who broke rules to obtain such high amounts of walls.
It's not as hard as you are making it out to be. Sure it may be some what difficult but its not as hard as everyone makes it out to be. Just this month alone I obtained enough walls to purchase not only green flips but pink flips as well and have 11 left over. If certain people choose to hoard them that is their right since they worked hard or traded what they had for them. Even if they did make clones... Numerous items have been obtained from clones..[DOUBLEPOST=1411204896][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Psycho if they weren't hard to obtain, everyone would have them.

&

@Myth, I 100% agree with Oreo. Its unfair to players that do not have firewalls especially since that's the currency of trade. But mostly, what I don't understand is why this game always has to be related to real life and taken so seriously. Why does everyone have to be so selfish and care so much about hoarding rare? The rerelease of firewalls is not to inflate values, its to elimate the firewall currency that way its fair for everyone to trade for the items they want. I think its a bit ridiculous to compare to minimum wage. Its a game, not real life.
Sprees are the easiest way to obtain them. Work for the walls, like everyone else does.

savvy.max

Trading: http://tinyurl.com/savvymax
So I just wanted to see some opinions of who would actually want firewalls to be rereleased.
I know this thread is going to get a lot of negative comments but I just posted out of curiosity :)
@Amy has posted on this during one of her many Q&A Events

Any item can be re-released but specific items that were released to stimulate the economy like the firewall will never be sold again.

Amy has also stated that items LOST due to inactive players and banned players will be "recirculated" in some way. I happen to agree with this completely because it will give everyone a shot at some firewalls that went "missing". Her taking items away from inactive players prevents the kind of economic disaster that happens when a massive group of players come back specifically to do inter-game trading. Those of you complaining about firewalls not being in circulation should point the finger at the economic decision to retire the Disneyland Gift Card. Credits should be the currency for trading, rare items like the firewall should never be a currency.

If you are willing to put the time in to earn credits you can easily purchase a Flaming Ransacked Window via a spree.

@Oreo
Lets talk about something really unfair like Fireworks Magic and how it was released. The first 3 players were given Fireworks magic as a "preview" and I don't think 11 months without it being released is considered a preview do you? Then it was released by Santa supposedly without permission at an event were it was impossible to get into at all... An item which was easily obtainable in the original VMK via the fireworks game trading at over 3200% it's actual value / HOST only / the rarest magic ingame. Yeah I would say that is really fair to all the players who like magic.

x_Alison

Bunny Couture
Work for the walls? Lol. Not everyone has 12 hours a day to stay addicted to this game. There are people who come on here to socialize with their friends, enjoy a decent trade and have fun, not spend hours a day trying to "obtain a firewall." Just because you have several hours a day to be glued to your computer screen does not mean everyone else does as well.

Work for the walls? Lol. Not everyone has 12 hours a day to stay addicted to this game. There are people who come on here to socialize with their friends, enjoy a decent trade and have fun, not spend hours a day trying to "obtain a firewall." Just because you have several hours a day to be glued to your computer screen does not mean everyone else does as well.
Lol. Don't complain then if you aren't willing to put in the time or effort to obtain anything. If you are on for your friends then why worry about the trading side of the game? The time you used to come on here and make this post you could of used to obtain a firewall. :D